Wikipedia and its users are planning more than 300 celebration events across six continents for the 10th anniversary of the free, online encyclopedia that has become an Internet juggernaut by spreading access to information with a model that lets any...
The most popular Web sites are under increasing pressure to add support for IPv6, a long-anticipated upgrade to IPv4, the Internet's main communications protocol.
Wikipedia, the online encyclopedia built on the backs of a seemingly never-ending supply of free labor, is in a bit of a bind.
Wikipedia's just announced plans to restrict the editing of some of its articles. Under the new system, any changes made to pages of still-living people will have to be approved by an "experienced volunteer" before going online.
As you may have heard, Microsoft plans to pull the plug on the Encarta Web sites and software later this year. Bummer! I can't say I used the service all that much, but I'm saddened to see the demise of such a well-known reference resource.
Coming up with a great technology product or service is only half the battle these days. Creating a name for said product that is at once cool but not too cool or exclusionary, marketable to both early adopters and a broader audience, and, of course,...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel, Microsoft going long distance with Cortana on Windows 10 PCs
- Obama orders review of election hacks as Trump doubts Russia's role
- Ransomware attacks against businesses increased threefold in 2016
- Attackers use hacked home routers to hit Russia's 5 largest banks
- US mulls rules for airlines that plan in-flight Wi-Fi voice calls
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTTechnical Business AnalystQLD
- CCPSCD/ CRM Business/Financial AnalystsACT
- FTERP Support ConsultantQLD
- FTEnterprise Account ManagerACT
- FTBusiness Development ManagerQLD
- FTTraining & Implementation Manager, PlatformNSW
- CCPMO Lead/ ManagerACT
- FTSenior Python DeveloperVIC
- CCSiebel Developers x 8ACT
- CCCloud Solution Architect - Financial Services - Continuous IntegrationNSW
- CCAutomation TesterNSW
- CCUnix Developers - multipleACT
- FTSenior Architect, Financial MarketsNSW
- CCProcess Project Manager X 2VIC
- FTChief Security Officer l CISSP l ISO27001NSW
- FTPaid Search SpecialistNSW
- TPSharePoint DeveloperACT
- CCGuidewire ArchitectNSW
- TPiOS DeveloperNSW
- FTEnterprise Architect - BusinessQLD
- FTOperations Support Analyst (Business Process Improvement) Perm North SydneyNSW
- CCLotus Notes DeveloperNSW
- FTInfrastructure ConsultantQLD
- CCMainframe Developer (with ASP.NET)QLD
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW