The U.S. Federal Communications Commission has taken the first step toward an expansion of the spectrum available for Wi-Fi, with the agency launching a rulemaking proceeding to open new parts of the 5GHz spectrum to unlicensed uses.
Verizon Wireless has teamed up with cellular booster company Wilson Electronics to propose federal standards for boosters, which sometimes help to overcome weak signals but can also interfere with mobile operators' networks.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission may regulate cellular signal boosters, which are designed to solve voice and data coverage gaps by picking up signals from carrier base stations and amplifying them in homes or vehicles.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- US government wants to sharply increase spending on cybersecurity
- Facebook faces restrictions in France on data transfer to US, tracking of users
- Flaws in Trane thermostats underscore IoT security risks, Cisco says
- Telstra restores mobile network after mass outage
- Microsoft's Azure Stack beta gets new services and DevOps tools
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCCommercial Manager - Strategy / Big Data - Telecommunications -NSW
- FTSenior Systems/SAN EngineerNSW
- CCIT Solution DesignerNSW
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCProject ManagerSA
- FT.NET DeveloperVIC
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | $60-90K package | Northern BeachesNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Online Gaming SystemsNSW
- CCCitrix Systems EngineerNSW
- CCObjective ECMS Technical ConsultantSA
- CCRecords Officer - CanberraACT
- CCSolution Architect - .NET TechnologiesNSW
- FTChange & Communications OfficerQLD
- CCHigh Level Network Engineer (Communications)WA
- CCProgram Master SchedulerNSW
- CCData Migration SpecialistQLD
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Life InsuranceVIC
- FTInsight / Customer - Data ScientistNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - NPPVIC
- FTCyber Security SpecialistNSW
- FTWeb Programmer/ DeveloperVIC
- CCAEM DeveloperNSW
- CCITIL Release Manager - CBD SYDNEYNSW
- CCICT Infrastructure Specialist - (Network Engineer)ACT
- CCTechnical Business Analyst (Telecommunications) / Melb CBDVIC