The U.S. Federal Communications Commission has taken the first step toward an expansion of the spectrum available for Wi-Fi, with the agency launching a rulemaking proceeding to open new parts of the 5GHz spectrum to unlicensed uses.
Verizon Wireless has teamed up with cellular booster company Wilson Electronics to propose federal standards for boosters, which sometimes help to overcome weak signals but can also interfere with mobile operators' networks.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission may regulate cellular signal boosters, which are designed to solve voice and data coverage gaps by picking up signals from carrier base stations and amplifying them in homes or vehicles.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Qualcomm flaw puts millions of Android devices at risk
- US trade body investigates seven smartphone companies
- Maps of Google and other services could require security clearance in India
- Google, Honeywell resolve patent dispute over Nest thermostats
- FTTN revenue begins to trickle in for NBN
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSr. Business Analyst - ServicePLUSVIC
- FTTechnical Writer - Sydney BasedNSW
- CCHi-Portfolio ConsultantNSW
- CCIBM MDM SpecialistVIC
- CCSenior Project Manager, Technology Upgrade & RefreshNSW
- CCInstructional DesignerQLD
- CCL3 - Network Design and Support EngineerNSW
- CCTechnical ExpertVIC
- FTTechnical Business Analyst - BINSW
- CCSolution Architect (security domain)VIC
- FTDigital Project ManagerVIC
- CCSolutions Architect - Network and InfrastructureNSW
- FTProject Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerVIC
- CCProgram Technical Director- Migration to SAP HR PayrollNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst, Loyalty projectsNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Data ManagementNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCChange LeadACT
- FTTechnical Lead (Guidewire Policy Center)NSW
- FTTechnical/Team Lead - .NetNSW
- CCHyperion ConsultantNSW
- CCITIL Environment, Configuration, Release Manager- Banking/GovtNSW
- CCSolution Architect - JULY STARTACT