The U.S. Federal Communications Commission has taken the first step toward an expansion of the spectrum available for Wi-Fi, with the agency launching a rulemaking proceeding to open new parts of the 5GHz spectrum to unlicensed uses.
Verizon Wireless has teamed up with cellular booster company Wilson Electronics to propose federal standards for boosters, which sometimes help to overcome weak signals but can also interfere with mobile operators' networks.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission may regulate cellular signal boosters, which are designed to solve voice and data coverage gaps by picking up signals from carrier base stations and amplifying them in homes or vehicles.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Microsoft Surface Pro 3 Windows 8.1 tablet
- 2 Medion Akoya E4110 (MD 8239) desktop PC
- 3 Samsung Galaxy Tab S (10.5) 4G review
- 4 Dell Inspiron 11 3000 Series convertible laptop
- 5 Kogan Agora 4G review
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Baidu, Tencent help Chinese shopping malls take on Alibaba
- LG playing waiting game for plasma TV exit
- Soniq 55in Full HD TV (E55S14A)
- Toshiba sensor to sharpen smartphone photos
- Samsung's 3G Gear S could pave the way for the smartphones of the future
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.