1. It really is fast. TeliaSonera, the Swedish carrier that in 2009 launched the first major commercial long-term evolution (LTE) service, delivered an average downstream speed of 33.4Mbps in informal tests last year. Verizon Wireless, which is using...
The WiMax Forum has closed one office in the past several months and lost as many as 100 members, but it is not concerned about the 4G technology losing its footing as many mobile operators commit to using LTE (Long-Term Evolution) networks instead.
Operators Clearwire International, Tatung InfoComm and VMAX have for the first time demonstrated mobile WiMax global roaming, the WiMax Forum said on Monday.
The WiMax Forum has joined forces with the Femto Forum to speed up the development of femtocells for mobile WiMax networks, the organizations said on Wednesday.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's "Holoportation" will virtually beam you into another room
- Russia claims it foiled a cyber attack from a foreign spy service
- Intel's silence on Optane SSDs raises questions about launch and focus
- Random iPhone 6s shutdowns due to faulty battery component, Apple says
- Researchers find a way bypass the iOS activation lock
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCData Analyst - Excel focusedNSW
- CCSenior Software Engineer Developer | 6mthsVIC
- CCMicrosoft Dynamics AX Functional Consultant Advanced Warehouse ManagementVIC
- CCTest Lead : Perth BasedNSW
- CCOnsite Level 2 Desktop SupportNSW
- FTLevel 3 Managed Services ConsultantNSW
- CCWeb Designer or Visual Interactional DesignerNSW
- FTPractice AdvisorNSW
- CCSenior Project EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCPerformance Test AnalystACT
- CCDigital Producer | 3 Month Contract roleNSW
- TPProject Coordinator. Business Process Improvement ProgramNSW
- CCCloud Automation Engineer. Work Location - CanberraNSW
- FTPortal Project ManagerNSW
- FTUX DesignerVIC
- CCSolution Designer - Investment/Trading PlatformNSW
- CCWintel Server SupportACT
- CCActive Directory EngineerNSW
- CCMainframe Developer (with ASP.NET)SA
- CCWeb DesignerNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTIdentity Management Team LeaderQLD
- CCProduct Manager - Life Insurance (Fixed-Term)VIC
- CCHadoop DeveloperSA