Online criminals are scanning the Internet and attacking Windows 2000 machines that haven't had a recent Windows Media Service patch installed, Symantec said Wednesday.
Microsoft offers support for its products for five years and extended support for another five years. That time will soon be up for Windows 2000 (desktop and server) and Windows XP SP2: July 13 is the last day that extended support will be available.
Microsoft has re-released a buggy update that didn't properly protect some of its Windows 2000 users from a security flaw.
Microsoft took the unusual step today and skipped patching one of the vulnerabilities addressed in its monthly security update, saying that crafting a fix was "infeasible."
Mozilla Corp. is considering dropping support for Windows 2000 and the earliest versions of XP when it ships the follow-up to Firefox 3.5 in 2010, online discussions show.
Solid-state disk (SSD) drive architecture can play a big role in how fast a computer boots up and performs. But how big a role the SSDs play -- and how much faster an operating system is -- depends as much on the operating system as on the drive. Alt...
June 25, 1998, and June 30, 2008, marked two important milestones in Microsoft's evolution of the Windows OS -- the passing of the torch from Windows 95 to Windows 98, and the less seemly transition from XP to Vista.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Medical device security ignites an ethics firestorm
- Got big data? Check out these 100 best practices for keeping it secure
- Mozilla launches free website security scanning service
- Privacy Shield data transfer agreement now shelters 200 companies
- Dropbox prompts certain users to change their passwords
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTChange Management Specialist - IT Service ManagementNSW
- FTContracts ManagerVIC
- CCOpen_2pm_29/8_Teradata Database AdministratorACT
- CCChange AnalystNSW
- CCTechnology Specialist Networks & SecurityVIC
- FTWeb Analytics SpecialistNSW
- CCNetwork Implementation EngineerNSW
- CCiOS DeveloperVIC
- CCICT Security Design & Implementation - NV1ACT
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/HTML/PHP) 160819/P/733Asia
- CCQuality AnalystNSW
- CCWindows EngineerVIC
- CCOracle DBA with Solaris experienceNSW
- CCSenior Manager - Infrastructure Supply ChainNSW
- FTSenior Front End Developer (UX/UI)SA
- CCPersonal AssistantVIC
- CCSolutions Architect - Office 365/Sharepoint/Project OnlineQLD
- CCSr Project Manager - BASELINEACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Oracle SQL/.Net) 160812/AP/vhsAsia
- FTMicrosoft Enterprise Project Management - Technical ConsultantACT
- CCProject Manager, Infrastructure Migration, AWS CloudNSW
- FTOperations ManagerNSW
- CCSAP ArchitectSA
- FTBusiness Intelligence Team LeadVIC
- FTIT ManagerAsia