A nasty change to the way Microsoft's "Get Windows 10" pop-up behaves seems designed to trick users into upgrading.
Rejoice, Windows fans. Windows 10 is finally here and it's chock full of fancy new features like Cortana, Task View, windowed modern UI apps, and the return of the Start menu. But despite the excitement--and the free upgrade for Windows 7 and 8.1 use...
The end of the year is usually as good a time as any to build a new budget PC. Many stores put on specials before they shut for the holiday period, and some also provide free delivery depending on how much you spend.
At CES 2011 today, Asus announced three new Android tablets and a Windows 7 based slate PC. The tablets, all Android-based, go by the moniker "Eee Pad" while the Windows 7 device is called an "Eee Slate." Each one offers some unique features, from st...
Not surprisingly, the misperception that Linux is harder to use than other operating systems is also one that competing vendors routinely use to scare potential new users away from Linux.
Steve Ballmer assured analysts and the world that Microsoft is hard at work developing a Windows 7-based tablet to compete with devices like the Apple iPad.
Tomorrow is D-day for Windows XP SP2 users. Granted, Windows XP SP2 will still work, but tomorrow is the last Patch Tuesday for the venerable OS which means it will become more unstable and less secure as time goes on.
Not quite happy with the way Windows 7 works, or looking to get more out of the operating system? You've come to the right place. We're big fans of Microsoft's latest OS, but we're also big fans of making Windows better. In this article, we've rounde...
The apps you use most--your Web browser, productivity tools, media managers, and Windows and its built-in accessories--are more powerful than you realize. They are loaded with unpublicized features that make your PC easier to use, they respond to sup...
While most of the attention of the tech world is focused today on the Steve Jobs keynote at Apple's WWDC event, Microsoft is hosting its own major event this week--TechEd. At TechEd, Microsoft revealed that it is working on service pack 1 (SP1) for W...
There's a lot to love about the Windows 7 operating system: it's fast, it looks great, and it has some cool features--like Jump Lists for quickly opening recently used files, Homegroup for sharing files between computers, and Aero Snap to help you qu...
Windows 7 bling for your older OS.
Windows has always been the PC gamer's operating system of choice. As with its predecessor, Windows 7 builds on the franchise's gaming pedigree by bringing games and performance tools to the forefront. Behind the scenes, Windows 7's improved resource...
Born with a passion for computing, 9-year-old Marko Calasan hasn't wasted any time becoming a high-tech pro with four Microsoft IT certifications.
With Windows 7, Microsoft (MSFT) aims to please both consumers and businesses large and small.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Review: Periscope users rejoice with Feiyu’s G4 Plus 3-Axis Gimbal for Smartphone video
- Tensions rise over LTE using Wi-Fi channels
- How to find the cheapest flights
- Why is Australian internet tech support so terrible?
- How Google Translate helped me with the woman who pummelled my buttocks
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSharePoint AdministratorNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java/Oracle) 160603/AP/vmpAsia
- CCSenior Business Analyst- BPMN, Testing backgroundNSW
- CCLevel 1 & 2 Helpdesk (Need SAP, ERP system experience)NSW
- FTIT Project ManagerAsia
- CCOffice 365 Project ManagerNSW
- CCPerformance Test AnalystNSW
- CCUrgent requirement for a Splunk SMEVIC
- CCSAP PI/PO ConsultantVIC
- CCEngineering Lead - InfrastructureVIC
- FTInfrastructure/Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCDevOps /Systems AdministratorQLD
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Linux/MySQL/Oracle) 160630/SA/254Asia
- CCMicrosoft .NET Developer (Server and Applications)SA
- CCMaster Scheduler - IT Infrastructure ProgramsNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCOracle iLearning Business AnalystNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - Oracle Financials (Procure To Pay)NSW
- CCSecurity Solution ArchitectQLD
- CCLead Communications ConsultantWA
- FTStorage ConsultantACT
- CCPMO AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Project Delivery ManagerACT
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- CCSnr IT Project Manager - Contact CentreVIC