A nasty change to the way Microsoft's "Get Windows 10" pop-up behaves seems designed to trick users into upgrading.
Rejoice, Windows fans. Windows 10 is finally here and it's chock full of fancy new features like Cortana, Task View, windowed modern UI apps, and the return of the Start menu. But despite the excitement--and the free upgrade for Windows 7 and 8.1 use...
The end of the year is usually as good a time as any to build a new budget PC. Many stores put on specials before they shut for the holiday period, and some also provide free delivery depending on how much you spend.
At CES 2011 today, Asus announced three new Android tablets and a Windows 7 based slate PC. The tablets, all Android-based, go by the moniker "Eee Pad" while the Windows 7 device is called an "Eee Slate." Each one offers some unique features, from st...
Not surprisingly, the misperception that Linux is harder to use than other operating systems is also one that competing vendors routinely use to scare potential new users away from Linux.
Steve Ballmer assured analysts and the world that Microsoft is hard at work developing a Windows 7-based tablet to compete with devices like the Apple iPad.
Tomorrow is D-day for Windows XP SP2 users. Granted, Windows XP SP2 will still work, but tomorrow is the last Patch Tuesday for the venerable OS which means it will become more unstable and less secure as time goes on.
Not quite happy with the way Windows 7 works, or looking to get more out of the operating system? You've come to the right place. We're big fans of Microsoft's latest OS, but we're also big fans of making Windows better. In this article, we've rounde...
The apps you use most--your Web browser, productivity tools, media managers, and Windows and its built-in accessories--are more powerful than you realize. They are loaded with unpublicized features that make your PC easier to use, they respond to sup...
While most of the attention of the tech world is focused today on the Steve Jobs keynote at Apple's WWDC event, Microsoft is hosting its own major event this week--TechEd. At TechEd, Microsoft revealed that it is working on service pack 1 (SP1) for W...
There's a lot to love about the Windows 7 operating system: it's fast, it looks great, and it has some cool features--like Jump Lists for quickly opening recently used files, Homegroup for sharing files between computers, and Aero Snap to help you qu...
Windows 7 bling for your older OS.
Windows has always been the PC gamer's operating system of choice. As with its predecessor, Windows 7 builds on the franchise's gaming pedigree by bringing games and performance tools to the forefront. Behind the scenes, Windows 7's improved resource...
Born with a passion for computing, 9-year-old Marko Calasan hasn't wasted any time becoming a high-tech pro with four Microsoft IT certifications.
With Windows 7, Microsoft (MSFT) aims to please both consumers and businesses large and small.
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Huawei Mate 9
Acer Swift 7
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Lexar® Portable SSD
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Google Daydream VR headset
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Surface Pro 4
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- 2 ZTE Axon 7 review: Is ZTE dumping old stock on Australia?
- 3 Oppo R9s smartphone full review
- 4 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- The new BlackBerry has a physical keyboard and will arrive in April
- Uber rejects claims it stole Waymo's self-driving car tech
- Microsoft Store has slashed the Asus ZenBook Flip's price by $200
- Google discloses unpatched IE vulnerability after Patch Tuesday delay
- FCC puts the brakes on ISP privacy rules it just passed in October
PCW Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCTechnical Consultant - ITSM/HP Service ManagerVIC
- TPInsights ManagerWA
- CCFront-End DeveloperQLD
- TPAgile Business AnalystQLD
- TPBusiness Analyst AO7QLD
- TPBusiness Analyst - PeopleSoft HR/Payroll ProjectVIC
- CCBPM DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior Functional Consultant - Data Analytics - TelcoVIC
- TPBI & Report Developer (SQL Developer)QLD
- FTJunior Software Engineer - Adelaide Based (PV, NV2 or NV1 required)NSW
- CCCommercial Contract AdministratorACT
- CCMDM Consultant/DesignerVIC
- CCIT Procurement OfficerNSW
- TPAgile CoachNSW
- TPTest AnalystQLD
- CCSystem EngineerSA
- TPSOE AdministratorQLD
- TPJava DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Project Manager - Regulatory/Compliance - BankingNSW
- FTTechnical Team Leader | ArchitectQLD
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- TPMobile DeveloperWA
- FTJunior Software Developer - SASACT
- CCTechnical Support AnalystACT
- FTIT Information Security AdvisorNSW