Late Wednesday, Microsoft unveiled the public beta for Windows 7, the follow-on and follow-up to Vista, which from all signs the company is trying to forget as fast as possible.
Coming up with a great technology product or service is only half the battle these days. Creating a name for said product that is at once cool but not too cool or exclusionary, marketable to both early adopters and a broader audience, and, of course,...
Microsoft may call the newest version of its operating system Windows 7, but you may want to think of it as Windows 6.5. In overall look and feel, it mimics Vista, although there are enough changes to make it far more than just a juiced-up service pa...
Windows 7 — Microsoft's long-waited successor to Windows Vista — is expected to ship in 2010, if not earlier. Until now, the software giant has remained tight-lipped on the features in the new OS.
What if Microsoft waved a magic wand and everything people hated about Windows Vista went away? You might have an operating system that you liked--and that's what Microsoft appears to be striving for with Windows 7. We checked out an early beta of th...
Tuesday, Microsoft unveiled its work on Windows 7, the successor to Vista, to a crowd at the Professional Developers Conference that was salivating for information on what's new in the updated operating system. A lot of sites will take you through th...
One stone-cold fact about Windows 7 is that we need more stone-cold facts in order to understand the new operating system that is likely to arrive in early 2010.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- If Tim Burton made a robot, this would be it
- Here's how NASCAR is digitizing race day
- Should Microsoft release a successor to Surface 3?
- Researchers steal data from a PC by controllng the noise from the fans
- The 'summer of AI' is here, this startup chief says
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSystems Trainer - Networking/ RadioVIC
- CCICT PreSales SpecialistVIC
- CCService Desk AnaystNSW
- CCBusiness Data AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystACT
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTJava DeveloperAsia
- CCWeb Developer (Drupal)SA
- FTIT Project Coordinator- Data Center Infrastructure backgroundNSW
- FTEnterprise Technology Platform ManagerVIC
- FTProcurement SpecialistNSW
- CCSAP ABAP - Senior developerVIC
- CC.net DeveloperACT
- CCOrganisational Change ManagerVIC
- CCIT Assistant (Office Automation/Windows) 160615/ITA/922Asia
- FTAppian Developer/ArchitectVIC
- CCLevel 1 & 2 Helpdesk (Need SAP, ERP system experience)NSW
- CCProject Scheduler - IT Security ProgramNSW
- CCTechnical Content ProducerVIC
- CCProject Manager - IT SecurityNSW
- CCIT Technical Writer- understanding in RDMBS,Web server, StorageNSW
- CCSoftware Biomedical Solutions ArchitectSA
- CCTechnology DeveloperVIC
- CCIntegration ArchitectACT
- CCSystem Engineer (DevOps)WA