Microsoft Corp. will issue a public release candidate of Windows 7 in May, according to the company's Web site.
Windows 7 is the first Microsoft OS developed away from the watchful eye of Bill Gates, and the technical leaders who built it had to adjust to life at the company without its cofounder and former chief software architect, CEO Steve Ballmer said Thur...
Microsoft Corp. will deliver a release candidate of Windows 7 to the public in late May, according to a report from a noted Windows Web site.
A Windows 7 build that may be the first release candidate has leaked to the Internet, according to several file-sharing sites.
New laptop and desktop designs are on tap as PC and hardware makers start tweaking components to take advantage of improved features in Microsoft's upcoming Windows 7 OS.
Microsoft patched the first critical vulnerability in Windows 7 Tuesday as it rolled out an update that fixes three flaws in the new operating system's kernel.
Microsoft next month plans to release a toolkit to help business customers begin testing their existing applications for compatibility with Windows 7.
About a year ago on its Redmond, Washington, campus, a member of Microsoft's Windows Vista team met with a group of journalists to face some tough questions about the OS.
Weeks after making its case for why enterprises should dump Windows XP for Windows Vista, Microsoft talked up the merits of its upcoming operating system, Windows 7, for large businesses.
Microsoft has updated Windows 7 beta to fix an unknown number of reliability bugs in Internet Explorer 8 (IE8), but the company stopped short of saying that the browser now matches the release candidate it has already delivered to users of Windows XP...
Microsoft will turn Windows 7's background picture black and put up persistent notices on the screen if users don't activate the new operating system, a company manager said Monday.
Microsoft will test Windows 7 beta's update mechanism this week by feeding users as many as five fake updates, the company said last week.
Microsoft last week made its best -- and perhaps final -- case as to why companies should consider upgrading to Windows Vista, even as successor Windows 7 looms on the horizon.
Downgrade rights for Windows 7 will be "hugely important," an analyst said Thursday, but he's not optimistic that Microsoft will let users continue to install Windows XP on new machines.
Microsoft warned enterprise customers this week that the migration path from XP to Windows 7 won't be any easier than it is to Vista, and offered recommendations for how companies can move from older versions of Windows to one of its newer client OSe...
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Acer Swift 7
Google Daydream VR headset
Huawei Mate 9
Lexar® Portable SSD
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Surface Pro 4
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- 2 ZTE Axon 7 review: Is ZTE dumping old stock on Australia?
- 3 Oppo R9s smartphone full review
- 4 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 5 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Android's next destination: Untethered VR headsets with Snapdragon 835
- Why AMD had to change the Zen name to Ryzen for its new chip architecture
- Freebies from Reliance Jio hasten Indian mobile consolidation
- Samsung starts production of new 10-nm Exynos 9 Series chip
- Xiro Drone Xplorer V by Rapoo review
PCW Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSenior Storage System Engineer - NetApp SpecialistNSW
- CCProject / Portfolio SchedulerNSW
- FTSenior Security Sales SpecialistVIC
- TPSolution Architect - Transport DomainVIC
- FTWeb Developer/ReportsNSW
- TP.Net DeveloperSA
- CCProject Manager - Telco Networks EngineeringVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystSA
- CCTest AnalystWA
- FTTechnical Consultant MS Dynamics AXACT
- FTJunior Software Engineer - Adelaide Based (PV, NV2 or NV1 required)VIC
- TPPerformance Test Analyst - Perth BasedQLD
- CCProject Manager (Event Management)NSW
- CCSolution DesignerVIC
- TPDatabase Integration SpecialistVIC
- TPSCCM SpecialistVIC
- CCDigital Communications ManagerNSW
- TPSolution Architect - Real-Time Tracking SystemVIC
- FTSenior C++ EngineerACT
- CCPerformance Test AnalystQLD
- CCNetwork Specialist - IPAM TelcoVIC
- FTApplication Support SpecialistNSW
- FTNetwork Solution ArchitectVIC
- TPBI & Report Developer (SQL Developer)QLD
- TPProject Technical LeadQLD