Today's modern desktop operating systems of Windows Vista, Apple Mac OS X, and Linux still fail to address the basic requirements of the NSW Department of Education and Training's netbook project and instead the older Windows XP remains the platform ...
Yet another Windows 7 build has leaked to the Web, turning recent appearances of pirated copies into a weekly event on file-sharing sites.
Microsoft Corp. will issue a public release candidate of Windows 7 in May, according to the company's Web site.
Windows 7 is the first Microsoft OS developed away from the watchful eye of Bill Gates, and the technical leaders who built it had to adjust to life at the company without its cofounder and former chief software architect, CEO Steve Ballmer said Thur...
Microsoft Corp. will deliver a release candidate of Windows 7 to the public in late May, according to a report from a noted Windows Web site.
A Windows 7 build that may be the first release candidate has leaked to the Internet, according to several file-sharing sites.
New laptop and desktop designs are on tap as PC and hardware makers start tweaking components to take advantage of improved features in Microsoft's upcoming Windows 7 OS.
Microsoft patched the first critical vulnerability in Windows 7 Tuesday as it rolled out an update that fixes three flaws in the new operating system's kernel.
Microsoft next month plans to release a toolkit to help business customers begin testing their existing applications for compatibility with Windows 7.
About a year ago on its Redmond, Washington, campus, a member of Microsoft's Windows Vista team met with a group of journalists to face some tough questions about the OS.
Weeks after making its case for why enterprises should dump Windows XP for Windows Vista, Microsoft talked up the merits of its upcoming operating system, Windows 7, for large businesses.
Microsoft has updated Windows 7 beta to fix an unknown number of reliability bugs in Internet Explorer 8 (IE8), but the company stopped short of saying that the browser now matches the release candidate it has already delivered to users of Windows XP...
Microsoft will turn Windows 7's background picture black and put up persistent notices on the screen if users don't activate the new operating system, a company manager said Monday.
Microsoft will test Windows 7 beta's update mechanism this week by feeding users as many as five fake updates, the company said last week.
Microsoft last week made its best -- and perhaps final -- case as to why companies should consider upgrading to Windows Vista, even as successor Windows 7 looms on the horizon.
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Huawei Mate 9
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Google Daydream VR headset
Lexar® Portable SSD
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Acer Swift 7
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Surface Pro 4
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Dell XPS 13 laptop
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 4 HTC U Ultra phone full, in-depth review
- 5 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Razer gear is available at a steep discount today, including $100 off a Razer Blade Stealth
- Staying alive: DDR5 memory is on its way
- Windows 10 Creators Update rolls ahead with early access and date for phones
- Senator: Russia used 'thousands' of internet trolls during US election
- Samsung reboots its smart home, IoT strategy with the Galaxy S8
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- And the 2017 winner of the Formula 1 Best Pit Lane Boom Gantry is...
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- FTNetwork Services ManagerQLD
- TPUnix- Technical Support OfficerVIC
- CCWintel Engineers - NV1ACT
- FTKey Account ManagerVIC
- TPBusiness Change ManagerQLD
- CCTechnical Project ManagerNSW
- TPProgram ArchitectQLD
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- FTTechnical Lead - FrontendNSW
- FTSolution Architect l MS Exchange, O365NSW
- FTSalesforce DeveloperQLD
- FTAgile CoachACT
- TPSystems Analyst - WHS ImplementationNSW
- FTRACF Mainframe Security Analysts / Engineers - Multiple Roles - SydneyNSW
- FTSnr Salesforce Technical Consultant/Architect Global IT Company - SydneyNSW
- CCLevel 1 IT Support OfficerACT
- FTSCOM AdministratorACT
- FTFull Stack Software DeveloperQLD
- FTInfrastructure ArchitectNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCPerformance AnalystQLD
- FTProgram L&D Manager, Financial ServicesNSW
- CCProject Manager - Security DomainVIC
- FTSenior Business Analyst - SuperannuationNSW