A business laptop with a solid build quality, plenty of useful features, and high user comfort
A smaller tablet than the Surface Pro, with an Atom CPU and a lower starting price
A premium convertible with plenty of style, but not without its quirks
A solidly built device that's easy to use as a tablet or as a notebook
A Windows 8.1-based hybrid product that can be used equally well as a tablet or as a notebook
Windows 8 in pictures
If you’re going for an immediate upgrade to Windows 10 from your Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1 computer, this guide will get you up to speed as quickly as possible.
These features are too good to leave in Windows 8 or Windows Phone 8 alone. Mr. Nadella, tear down this wall!
Don't let all the Live Tile bashing fool you. Windows 8 still dominates the OS competition in a dozen crucial aspects.
An update to Windows 8 is in the works, codenamed Windows Blue.
A new user-created patch lets Kaby Lake and Ryzen PCs get updates on Windows 7 or 8—but it may be more trouble than it's worth.
Microsoft takes the rather harsh step of blocking Windows updates to those who try to run Windows 7 or Windows 8 on Intel Kaby Lake or AMD Ryzen chips.
Security firm Cybereason recently announced a free anti-ransomware program for Windows 7 and up, RansomwareFree.
Windows devices have a new threat thanks to a Secure Boot policy that leaked online.
If you're trying to sneak in under the gun and upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 before the free upgrade offer expires, we can walk you through the process.
It's super-easy to reinstall Windows 10 or 8, and not much more difficult to reinstall Windows 7. Use these tips to get the most out of a reinstall.
Like many Windows 8 users, I spend most of my time using Desktop mode, which affords me a more Windows 7-like experience.
Rejoice, Windows fans. Windows 10 is finally here and it's chock full of fancy new features like Cortana, Task View, windowed modern UI apps, and the return of the Start menu. But despite the excitement--and the free upgrade for Windows 7 and 8.1 use...
Did the PC market collapse because Windows 8 sucked, or did Windows 8 suck because Microsoft overcompensated for the PC market's collapse? It's a bit of a chicken-or-the-egg scenario, but one thing's certain: Windows 8 sucked.
Microsoft's Windows 8.1, the "do-over" operating system that Microsoft hopes will win back its fan base, is finally here.
Smart in design and stingy on power, HP's Envy convertible works well as a laptop or a tablet.
Don't shed a tear for Windows RT, the neutered operating system cursed to be the red-headed stepchild of the Windows family (to Windows Phone's great relief). While the OS's rocky birth has since led to an even rockier childhood, its very existence i...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel projects decline in chip prices, and AMD's Ryzen is one reason
- Google Cloud growth is outpacing the company's ad business
- Hands on with the unusual Acer Predator Triton 700 gaming laptop
- Acer's Aspire GX comes out of nowhere to be the first prebuilt Ryzen PC from a major vendor
- Hands on the Acer's Swift 5, a competitor to Microsoft's Surface Pro
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSecurity Architect - Perth BasedQLD
- CCWindows System EngineerNSW
- FTProject Manager- RiskSA
- CCSecurity ConsultantVIC
- TPSecurity Controls Specialist - ISO 27002VIC
- CCTibco Integration Specialist l Port MacquarieNSW
- FTService Delivery ManagerNSW
- FTSenior / Lead AEM DeveloperNSW
- FTBusiness AnalystACT
- FTTechnical WriterACT
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- FTSenior Agile Test AnalystNSW
- CCProject Manager - DigitalisationQLD
- FTWeb Developer | Parramatta | Initial 6 month contractNSW
- TPSenior Project Manager - Life InsuranceNSW
- TPRegional Level 2/3 Desktop Support AnalystVIC
- FTNetwork EngineerSA
- FTWintel EngineerNSW
- FTGraduate Technical ConsultantACT
- FTSAP Solution ArchitectsACT
- CCSolution Architect - Network Operations/Design - TelcoVIC
- FTSystems Administrator - TelecommunicationsNSW
- FTJava Technical Team LeadVIC
- CCVisual DesignerACT