Microsoft has spent so much time at the BUILD conference this week talking about how Windows 8 will operate like a tablet OS that you might feel left out if you plan to continue working on a desktop or laptop. But whether you're an IT manager, PC ent...
Now we know. Microsoft's president for Windows, Steven Sinofsky, today revealed a "reimagined" Windows, which boasts a very different, tile-based user interface called Metro based on Windows Phone that is touch-savvy, runs on ARM processors as well a...
Want to give Windows 8's new look a try? Starting tonight, you'll be able to download a Windows 8 developer preview release straight from Microsoft.
Microsoft showed off many tablet-centric features from its radical redesign of Windows 8 at its BUILD developers' conference on Thursday, but still promised to support desktop and laptop users who own interact with their computers using traditional k...
Microsoft took the wraps off Windows 8 and Internet Explorer 10 on Tuesday, revealing a dramatically different Windows for both users and application developers. It validated some of the rumors about the new OS and squashed others.
Microsoft has been teasing us for months with drips of promises for what the next version of Windows -- code-named Windows 8 -- will offer. It's said that Windows 8 and its radically different user interface will run on both Intel and ARM chips; thus...
The buzz is building over Microsoft's BUILD conference that starts Tuesday, where the company will provide more details about Windows 8, which the company bills as the most radical change in its OS since Windows 95. "In 1995, Windows changed the PC,"...
We already know a lot about Windows 8. We know it’ll have a new, touch-focused interface and application framework for tablets and touchscreen PCs. We know it will still have a traditional desktop, with enhancements to Explorer (among other features)...
Nvidia CEO Jen-Hsun Huang has raised an interesting possibility about Windows 8, speculating that it will be able to run Windows Phone 7 apps.
With Microsoft's big BUILD conference right around the corner on September 12, people are buzzing about the Windows 8 news that's sure to come, and for the last couple of weeks, Microsoft has been parceling out information. So far, the features we’ve...
Microsoft is incorporating a software stack in its upcoming Windows 8 OS to natively support devices based on the USB 3.0 interconnect, which is in a battle for adoption with Intel's Thunderbolt.
Let the Windows 8 hardware rumors begin.
Microsoft has presented the Windows 8 user interface and displayed various devices on which the next version of Windows will run.
During Microsoft's presentation of Windows 8, a handful of the company's hardware partners showed off tablets and notebooks running the OS, some also featuring Microsoft Office. But if you looked closely, you would've noticed that missing from the eq...
Microsoft's proud proclamations that Windows 8 won't require users to buy a new PC speaks volumes about the company's longtime business model. After all, each new generation of the company's resource-hungry operating system has traditionally required...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- New Microsoft beta lets workers build their own apps without coding
- Intel is on the verge of exiting the smartphone and tablet markets after cutting Atom chips
- 5 (more) reasons to be a data scientist
- FCC wireless auction hits spectrum target, paving way for fast, reliable 5G
- IBM offers advice on how to secure blockchain in the cloud
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCContract ManagerVIC
- CCContract Analyst/Programmer II (Drupal 7.39/PHP) 160427/CAP/vccAsia
- CCData AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Financial Crime AnalystVIC
- CCBusiness Data AnalystVIC
- CC.NET Developer (Application production Support)NSW
- CCSenior Master Data OfficerNSW
- FTDeveloper - OSB/BPELNSW
- CCFull Stack Developer - Java - Blue Chip CompanyNSW
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- CCService DeskWA
- CCChange Manager x 2NSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (C++/JAVA/SQL) 160505/SA/971Asia
- CCSiebel AnalystACT
- CCSr. Iteration ManagerVIC
- CCSystem Administration / Application Support | NV2 clearance neededACT
- CCSystems TrainerVIC
- CCSql Server Database Administrator (SAP)QLD
- FTManager; Enterprise ArchitectureNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- FTAzure ArchitectQLD
- CCOperational Team LeadVIC
- CCNV1 | System admin with SQL server experience for Defence Application SupportACT
- CCDigital Producer (Part Time 3 Days Per Week)NSW
- FTIT Support Engineer - Managed Service Provider - No two days are the sameNSW