Asus has unveiled its Transformer Book Trio at Computex 2013. The firm is calling the device, which runs Windows and Android, a cross between a PC, laptop and tablet.
Microsoft has said it will tie Windows more closely to the Cloud, a strategy designed to convince its core business customers to adopt the newest version of its operating system.
Microsoft customers clamoring for the incorporation of the Start button and menu into Windows 8 will get their wish partially fulfilled in the upcoming update of the OS.
After coming out swinging a few days back with a Surface ad that focused on Office, Microsoft has a new ad that confronts the iPad head-on. And here's the crazy part: it's surprisingly amusing.
Thin clients introduced this week by Dell and Hewlett-Packard have faster processor than existing thin clients as well as high-definition graphics capabilities, so they could be alternatives to traditional PCs as computing continues moving to the clo...
Don't let all the Live Tile bashing fool you. Windows 8 still dominates the OS competition in a dozen crucial aspects.
Windows 8, the most significant upgrade to Microsoft's operating system since Windows 95 and one of the most important products in the company's history, will not achieve enough adoption in enterprises to be considered a standard, according to Forres...
You're away from the office when you get that sinking feeling. Maybe that file you need is locked on your desk PC in London while you're visiting Shanghai. You don't need to sweat, thankfully. Remote desktop apps let you log on to your PC or tablet a...
Microsoft's Windows 8 update, code-named Windows Blue, will be formally released as Windows 8.1 and will be free for customers who have the new OS installed.
An update to Windows 8 is in the works, codenamed Windows Blue.
Toshiba has just shown off its KIRA Ultrabook, which is a premium Windows 8 Pro-based laptop aimed at users who want something more than a standard, cheap-as-chips laptop. The new laptop costs $1799 in its most basic form (for the Core i5 model) and ...
Microsoft plans to release a preview version of Windows 8's update, code-named Windows Blue, at the end of June, according to Julie Larson-Green, a corporate vice president in charge of the OS's development.
Would you pay an extra $US50 for a pint-sized tablet if it ran Windows 8 instead of Android? Asus thinks you might.
Acer is waiting for the next version of Windows RT, due in the second half of this year, before deciding whether to release a tablet that runs on that OS.
From improved security and administration to better tablet battery life, there's a lot to like in Windows 8 for healthcare organizations.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- U.S. indicts Russian for hacking LinkedIn, Dropbox, Formspring
- An IoT botnet is partly behind Friday's massive DDOS attack
- Bankers plan to give Corda blockchain code to Hyperledger project
- Easy-to-exploit rooting flaw puts Linux computers at risk
- Intel asserts its trademark rights against John McAfee
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTDigital Optimisation and Analytics SpecialistNSW
- CCSenior Java Analyst Programmer - Front Office TradingNSW
- CCDigital Solutions ManagerNSW
- CCWeb DeveloperNSW
- CCDigital Producer - 3 Month Contract Immediate Start!NSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerACT
- CCPMO Program CoordinatorNSW
- CC.Net DeveloperWA
- CCContract Programmer (Internet/Intranet) 161019/P/615Asia
- CCTechnology TrainerNSW
- CCStrategy AnalystVIC
- FTGateway ManagerACT
- CCContract IT Helpdesk Support (Lotus Notes) 161007/ITHS/vmpAsia
- CCNetwork Capacity PlannerVIC
- FTLevel 2 Application SupportVIC
- FTSenior Architect, Markets and ProductsNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Web Programming) 161013/AP/185Asia
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- FTRelease CoordinatorACT
- CCeCommerce Project ManagerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (IT Security) 161018/AP/383Asia
- FTBusiness Analyst - HKMAAsia
- FTData Governance Project Manager | 6 month ContractNSW
- FTSenior Analyst ProgrammerNSW
- CCSAP GRC consultant with ABAP experience . Canberra LocationNSW