Microsoft customers clamoring for the incorporation of the Start button and menu into Windows 8 will get their wish partially fulfilled in the upcoming update of the OS.
After coming out swinging a few days back with a Surface ad that focused on Office, Microsoft has a new ad that confronts the iPad head-on. And here's the crazy part: it's surprisingly amusing.
Thin clients introduced this week by Dell and Hewlett-Packard have faster processor than existing thin clients as well as high-definition graphics capabilities, so they could be alternatives to traditional PCs as computing continues moving to the clo...
Don't let all the Live Tile bashing fool you. Windows 8 still dominates the OS competition in a dozen crucial aspects.
Windows 8, the most significant upgrade to Microsoft's operating system since Windows 95 and one of the most important products in the company's history, will not achieve enough adoption in enterprises to be considered a standard, according to Forres...
You're away from the office when you get that sinking feeling. Maybe that file you need is locked on your desk PC in London while you're visiting Shanghai. You don't need to sweat, thankfully. Remote desktop apps let you log on to your PC or tablet a...
Microsoft's Windows 8 update, code-named Windows Blue, will be formally released as Windows 8.1 and will be free for customers who have the new OS installed.
An update to Windows 8 is in the works, codenamed Windows Blue.
Toshiba has just shown off its KIRA Ultrabook, which is a premium Windows 8 Pro-based laptop aimed at users who want something more than a standard, cheap-as-chips laptop. The new laptop costs $1799 in its most basic form (for the Core i5 model) and ...
Microsoft plans to release a preview version of Windows 8's update, code-named Windows Blue, at the end of June, according to Julie Larson-Green, a corporate vice president in charge of the OS's development.
Would you pay an extra $US50 for a pint-sized tablet if it ran Windows 8 instead of Android? Asus thinks you might.
Acer is waiting for the next version of Windows RT, due in the second half of this year, before deciding whether to release a tablet that runs on that OS.
From improved security and administration to better tablet battery life, there's a lot to like in Windows 8 for healthcare organizations.
Although Microsoft is staying mum about Windows 8 tablet sales, research firm Strategy Analytics has some slightly encouraging news.
Some of the biggest names in IT including IBM, Microsoft, Google and Intel reported quarterly earnings this week, revealing a picture of the tech sector that, while not as gloomy as had been feared, is nevertheless mixed.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- To go from IT to IoT, build on your skills
- FAA setting up advisory panel on drones led by Intel CEO
- Optus looks to lock in EPL fans with new bundles
- A Russian hacker gave away millions of email credentials for social media votes
- It's time to future-proof Australia's copyright laws for the 21st century
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCProject CoordinatorACT
- FTPHP/MySQL DeveloperVIC
- FTChange Lead- DigitalVIC
- CCContract IT Assistant (Network & System Mgt.) 160509/ITA/281Asia
- CCService Desk OperatorACT
- CCContract Systems Analyst (.Net/JAVA/Oracle) 160504/SA/vtdAsia
- FTSenior Storage Systems EngineerACT
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web Application DeveloperNSW
- CCEnterprise Architect (Security)NSW
- CCProduct SpecialistVIC
- FTSenior Technical ConsultantVIC
- FTDigital Sales Manager - Online MediaNSW
- CCProject ManagerVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - Digital/Financial ServicesNSW
- CCMEAN Stack DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Project Manager - HealthcareVIC
- CCJava Developer / DevOps | FINEOS Application | Long Term ContractNSW
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- FTDigital Account Manager - Online MediaNSW
- FTSQL DeveloperNSW
- FTSolution Architect (Guidewire Billing Center)NSW
- FTData AnalystNSW
- CCIT Network SpecialistVIC
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/HTML/SQL) 160421/P/903Asia
- FTSolution Delivery Manager ( RTTM)NSW