Microsoft has sold more than 60 million [m] Windows 8 licenses so far, a number that is "roughly" in line with the performance of Windows 7 at the same stage of its release three years ago, according to Tami Reller, CFO and CMO of the Windows Divisio...
The official Dropbox app has arrived for Windows 8. It's been close to two months since Microsoft announced at the Build developer conference that the online file storage and sharing app was coming.
Windows 8 notebooks apparently didn't create a lot of cheer around the Christmas tree this holiday season.
Microsoft says Windows Phone app reviewers will be working into the holidays to deal with a flood of new app submissions to the Windows Phone Store, but at least one major company isn't buying into the Windows Phone hype.
Dell doesn’t plan on returning to the Android smartphone market any time soon, announcing that it will focus instead on creating Windows 8 touch-enabled computers and tablets.
Change in any industry involves conflict. Evolution and revolution in tech this year took place not only in the marketplace but also in the courtroom, the factory, and on the Web. Here are the top news stories of 2012 as selected by the editors of th...
Middling reviews and limited distribution may be putting a damper on sales of Microsoft's Surface tablet, according to brokerage firm Detwiler Fenton.
Windows, and particularly Windows 8 tablets, won't be a major factor until at least 2016, according to an online report.
Although Microsoft is just getting started with its 2012 Surface tablets, the company plans to launch three new devices in the next year, according to a well-known source of leaks.
Upgrading to a new operating system can be an intimidating undertaking that massively disrupts your daily workflow. And considering the dramatic interface changes introduced in Windows 8, you may not want to invest in Microsoft's latest OS without fi...
There is a diverse array of tablet options to daze and amaze shoppers this holiday season. Microsoft has a solid contender with its current Surface tablet, but it runs the more limited Windows RT operating system that was designed for use with ARM-ba...
Windows 8 was officially released October 26, which means under Microsoft's standard operating procedure, we will have to wait at least a few years before the next Windows software upgrade arrives.
Microsoft has sold 40 million licenses of the Windows 8 OS since its launch a month ago.
Users running pirated copies of Windows 8 Pro can reportedly upgrade to a fully licensed and permanently activated version of the OS by simply installing a free Windows 8 Media Center upgrade offered by Microsoft.
More than 70 per cent of Microsoft Windows users won't be upgrading to Windows 8 in the near future, according to a survey released this week by antivirus software maker Avast.
Latest News Articles
- Gmail users on iOS at risk of data interception
- Amazon seeks US exemption to test delivery drones
- Source code for tiny 'Tinba' banking malware leaked
- Public parking app MonkeyParking suspends service in San Francisco
- Acer ships first Chromebooks with Intel's Core i3 chip
Most Popular Articles
- 1 What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- 2 Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- 3 Windows 7 Home Premium vs. Windows 7 Professional
- 4 Nokia’s flagship Lumia 930 on sale 11 July in Australia
- 5 How to play DVD movies on your Nintendo Wii
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
- FTRelationship/Partnerships ManagerNSW
- CCL2 Technical Engineer - RightFaxVIC
- FTMarketing Communications Executive - B2BNSW
- FTOBIEE BI/DW ConsultantNSW
- CCeFinance Change ManagerNSW
- FTTechnology Development DirectorNZ
- FTOBIEE BI/DW ConsultantNSW
- FTService Operations DirectorNZ
- FTHead of Service ExperienceNZ