Microsoft's future hinges on attracting developers to build Windows 8 apps. But by offering financial incentives, supporting a range of programming languages and allowing developers to write code once for multiple devices, those developers may soon f...
Here’s how Office 2013 for Windows RT stacks up against the traditional Microsoft Office for x86/x64-based systems that we know and love.
Microsoft likes to talk about Windows 8 as being Windows "reimagined," and in many ways it is quite a departure from its predecessors. To allow the operating system's use across a range of touchscreen devices, Microsoft radically redesigned the look ...
Vupen, a security company in the business of selling zero-day vulnerabilities, said Friday that it has found a way to bypass security mechanisms on Windows 8 and execute code via a Web page.
It's not exactly the type of advertisement most people would understand.
ARM is working with Microsoft to tune the Windows OS to work on processors based on ARM's 64-bit architecture, an ARM official said this week.
Microsoft said Thursday it will team up with Japan's largest mobile operator, NTT DoCoMo, to push Windows 8 on tablets to corporate customers.
Microsoft has been slapped with a patent infringement lawsuit over its use of dynamic "live" tile icons in Windows, including in the newly launched Windows 8 OS for PCs and tablets and in the Windows Phone 8 OS for smartphones.
Microsoft's Metro environment in Windows 8 and Windows RT takes the iPad approach to apps, but is it better?
The introduction of MIcrosoft Windows 8 has spawned a variety of new and exciting devices. Here are 7 Ultrabooks that have been developed especially for the new operating system.
Microsoft has seen strong initial demand for its Windows 8 operating system, according to CEO Steve Ballmer.
With Windows 8, Microsoft introduces a brand new interface that feels designed more for tablets than for laptops and desktops. We'll help you find your way around the new OS and make the most of its features.
About 100 people waited outside Boston's Microsoft Store Friday to buy the company's new Surface tablet, which runs a new version of Windows.
Windows 8 is finally here and the stakes are sky high for Microsoft.
Microsoft's Surface RT tablet has been consuming daily news cycles lately, but there are plenty of other manufacturers fighting for attention as we approach the Windows 8 launch day on Oct. 26. Luckily, Microsoft's partners (we can still call them th...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel, Microsoft going long distance with Cortana on Windows 10 PCs
- Obama orders review of election hacks as Trump doubts Russia's role
- Ransomware attacks against businesses increased threefold in 2016
- Attackers use hacked home routers to hit Russia's 5 largest banks
- US mulls rules for airlines that plan in-flight Wi-Fi voice calls
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCNetwork Support EngineerNSW
- FTInfrastructure EngineerQLD
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC
- CCIT Systems AnalystVIC
- CCSystems AdministratorQLD
- FTLead Front End DeveloperVIC
- CCUI DesignerNSW
- CCMainframe Developer (with ASP.NET)VIC
- FTPractice Manager - SecurityVIC
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperQLD
- FTSenior Manager, Data and InformationQLD
- FTSystem AdministratorNSW
- TPProject Manager - Documentation RebrandQLD
- CCSenior Front End Wed DeveloperQLD
- FTSupervisor / Team Leader - IT HealthcareQLD
- FTPrincipal Product Manager | Cloud | Managed ServicesNSW
- TPProject Manager - SAPQLD
- FTITIL Service ManagerVIC
- FTSenior Project EngineerNSW
- CCBusiness Systems AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Platform DeveloperNSW
- TPiOS DeveloperNSW
- CCLotus Notes DeveloperNSW
- CCProcess Business Analyst X 3VIC
- FTSite Acquisition ManagerSA