Microsoft likes to talk about Windows 8 as being Windows "reimagined," and in many ways it is quite a departure from its predecessors. To allow the operating system's use across a range of touchscreen devices, Microsoft radically redesigned the look ...
Vupen, a security company in the business of selling zero-day vulnerabilities, said Friday that it has found a way to bypass security mechanisms on Windows 8 and execute code via a Web page.
It's not exactly the type of advertisement most people would understand.
ARM is working with Microsoft to tune the Windows OS to work on processors based on ARM's 64-bit architecture, an ARM official said this week.
Microsoft said Thursday it will team up with Japan's largest mobile operator, NTT DoCoMo, to push Windows 8 on tablets to corporate customers.
Microsoft has been slapped with a patent infringement lawsuit over its use of dynamic "live" tile icons in Windows, including in the newly launched Windows 8 OS for PCs and tablets and in the Windows Phone 8 OS for smartphones.
Microsoft's Metro environment in Windows 8 and Windows RT takes the iPad approach to apps, but is it better?
The introduction of MIcrosoft Windows 8 has spawned a variety of new and exciting devices. Here are 7 Ultrabooks that have been developed especially for the new operating system.
Microsoft has seen strong initial demand for its Windows 8 operating system, according to CEO Steve Ballmer.
With Windows 8, Microsoft introduces a brand new interface that feels designed more for tablets than for laptops and desktops. We'll help you find your way around the new OS and make the most of its features.
About 100 people waited outside Boston's Microsoft Store Friday to buy the company's new Surface tablet, which runs a new version of Windows.
Windows 8 is finally here and the stakes are sky high for Microsoft.
Microsoft's Surface RT tablet has been consuming daily news cycles lately, but there are plenty of other manufacturers fighting for attention as we approach the Windows 8 launch day on Oct. 26. Luckily, Microsoft's partners (we can still call them th...
Microsoft has simplified its versioning system, which was much too complex. Instead of up to nine different options with Windows 7, Windows 8 comes in Home, Professional and Enterprise.
These eight next-gen tablets and laptops show a new spirit of innovation in PCs
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Uber faces more lawsuits for classifying drivers as contractors
- China’s booming middle class augurs well for Apple, says Tim Cook
- Intel's Atom architecture to live on despite smartphone chip cancellations
- Microsoft's CEO explains why his company sued the US government
- Can Oracle buy its way into the cloud?
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCAzure DeveloperNSW
- CCSr. Iteration ManagerVIC
- CCFront End DeveloperWA
- CCContract Systems Analyst (C++/JAVA/SQL) 160505/SA/971Asia
- FTLevel 2 IT Field Systems Engineer/Administrator - Multiple opportunitiesNSW
- FTData AnalystNSW
- FTProduction ConsultantVIC
- CCSenior IT Business AnalystVIC
- CCAdobe Experience Manager AEM / CQ5 DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness Data AnalystVIC
- CCAEM DeveloperVIC
- FTSQL DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Analyst/Programmer II (Drupal 7.39/PHP) 160427/CAP/vccAsia
- CCSolution Architect / Data ArchitectNSW
- CCNetwork DesignerVIC
- CCApplication Migration ArchitectACT
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- CCSenior Implementation AnalystNSW
- CCMid or Senior Developer - Mobile Applications - (iOS)NSW
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web Application DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior ICT Project OfficerACT
- CCData AnalystVIC
- CCContract Snr IT Assistant (IT Operation/UNIX) 160504/SITA/982Asia
- CCTechnical ExpertVIC
- CC.NET Developer (Application production Support)NSW