A lot of phablet for not much at all
It's small and can be held in the palm of your hand, yet it's a full Windows 8.1 device
The Toshiba Encore is an 8in tablet that runs the full version of Microsoft's Windows 8.1 operating system
Windows 8.1 in pictures
Desktop computers aren't the bulky towers they used to be. Here are six mini PCs that fit in the palm of your hand and will change how you think about PCs.
Windows 8.1 and Office Home on an 8-inch touchscreen tablet for under $300
Before you install Windows 8.1, make sure you understand the gotchas and how not to get bit
Whether you’re in IT or an average end user, here’s what you need to know about the changes and new features.
Futuremark's new VRMark benchmark can tell you if your PC's capable of running virtual reality experiences.
Starting from a fresh install of Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 will soon be much easier.
In what appears to be a reversal of its January position, Microsoft now says that Skylake PCs running Windows 7 and Windows 8 will be covered through the normal support periods.
Windows devices have a new threat thanks to a Secure Boot policy that leaked online.
In what appears to be a dramatic change to Microsoft's downgrade policy, a spokeswoman says that the time to revert back to an earlier version of Windows is now just 10 days.
Microsoft's pushing Windows 10 onto Windows 7 and 8 PCs even if you didn't consent to it. Here's how to get your computer back to normal.
A nasty change to the way Microsoft's "Get Windows 10" pop-up behaves seems designed to trick users into upgrading.
Did the PC market collapse because Windows 8 sucked, or did Windows 8 suck because Microsoft overcompensated for the PC market's collapse? It's a bit of a chicken-or-the-egg scenario, but one thing's certain: Windows 8 sucked.
“The beauty of the Lumia 635 is someone with a flagship smartphone could pick this little Nokia up and still have all their needs met,” went the verdict of our Lumia 635 review.
Lenovo announced the availability of the Yoga 3 Pro locally, as well as the Yoga Tablet 2 Pro, and a couple of variants of the Yoga Tablet 2. These all sound like similar products, right? We thought we would break them down for you here so that you k...
Microsoft's Windows 8.1, the "do-over" operating system that Microsoft hopes will win back its fan base, is finally here.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's "Holoportation" will virtually beam you into another room
- Russia claims it foiled a cyber attack from a foreign spy service
- Intel's silence on Optane SSDs raises questions about launch and focus
- Random iPhone 6s shutdowns due to faulty battery component, Apple says
- Researchers find a way bypass the iOS activation lock
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSiebel DeveloperNSW
- FTSAP Team Lead - Configuration ManagementACT
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Telco - Melbourne CBDVIC
- CCLevel 1 Help Desk - Immediate Start!QLD
- CCIngres DeveloperWA
- FTProject SupportNSW
- CCEmail Production SpecialistQLD
- FTDevOps EngineerNSW
- FTProduct LeadVIC
- TPIT Project OfficerVIC
- CCData Scientist (Big Data)VIC
- FTAngular DeveloperSA
- CCiOS Developer - 6 Month ContractNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst -permanent opportunityVIC
- FTWeb Developer/ DesignerSA
- CCSenior Information Management SMEQLD
- FTJunior / Trainee Storage AdministratorNSW
- FTSenior Security Advisor - CISSP - Permanent - Nth SydNSW
- CCSenior Integration DeveloperVIC
- TP.NET Developer (Sitecore)QLD
- CCMedical Imaging Solution ArchitectQLD
- CCProject Engineer (Microwave)SA
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkQLD
- CCSenior Project Coordinator - Banking/Financial ServicesNSW
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperVIC