<a href="http://www.networkworld.com/subnets/microsoft/">Microsoft</a> will shed more light on its cloud computing strategy next week at the annual <a href="http://www.microsoft.com/events/techednorthamerica/">TechEd</a> conference in New Orleans.
Microsoft's plans for cloud computing don't stop with infrastructure and applications. Company executives say Microsoft will also provide the heterogeneous management layer that customers will need to optimize application performance on-premises or i...
Windows Azure, Microsoft's public cloud computing platform, became generally available in 21 countries on Monday, Microsoft bloggers said. SQL Azure, offering cloud-based relational database capabilities, also became available.
Ten years ago on Jan. 13, 2000, Microsoft's Bill Gates turned over the CEO reins to Steve Ballmer, who emphasized then that the Internet would be the target for much of the company's new software development efforts.
Moving to strengthen its management tools related to virtual environments, Microsoft Friday said that it has purchased IT process automation vendor Opalis for an undisclosed sum.
Small and medium-sized businesses have more important things to worry about than Microsoft's new Azure, a cloud-resident platform for building applications served to users online.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Google Nexus 6P review: An outstanding multimedia machine
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Modular cellphone kit can be used for IoT and wearables
- Now that AI has mastered 'Go,' are all our jobs next?
- You're so vein: Samsung files a patent for a vein-scanning smartwatch
- Make a $40 Linux or Android PC with new Raspberry Pi 2 rival
- Researcher finds serious flaw in Chromium-based Avast SafeZone browser
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTHelpdesk support - Level 1VIC
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCContracts ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Agile Business Analyst - Online/Mobile experienceNSW
- CCSolution Design EngineerACT
- CCPega BPM Developer / Configurer - 12 months contractACT
- FTInsight / Customer - Data ScientistNSW
- CCSharePoint AdministratorACT
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCSharepoint AdministratorVIC
- CCTibco DeveloperNSW
- FTUX Front-End DeveloperWA
- FTBusiness Intelligence AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Product Specialist - Cisco CPENSW
- CCEnterprise Architect - Network & InfrastructureNSW
- CCDesktop Applications PackagerSA
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Online Gaming SystemsNSW
- CCContract Software Engineer (Crystal Report/JAVA) 160129/SE/vccAsia
- CCContract System Analyst (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160205/SA/881Asia
- CCCommercial Manager - Strategy / Big Data - Telecommunications -NSW
- CCSAP ABAP ProgrammersACT
- CCSenior Change Analyst - Multiple RolesVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst - IT SecurityNSW
- CCMultiple Java rolesACT
- CCSenior Systems Analyst (Biomedical)SA