<a href="http://www.networkworld.com/subnets/microsoft/">Microsoft</a> will shed more light on its cloud computing strategy next week at the annual <a href="http://www.microsoft.com/events/techednorthamerica/">TechEd</a> conference in New Orleans.
Microsoft's plans for cloud computing don't stop with infrastructure and applications. Company executives say Microsoft will also provide the heterogeneous management layer that customers will need to optimize application performance on-premises or i...
Windows Azure, Microsoft's public cloud computing platform, became generally available in 21 countries on Monday, Microsoft bloggers said. SQL Azure, offering cloud-based relational database capabilities, also became available.
Ten years ago on Jan. 13, 2000, Microsoft's Bill Gates turned over the CEO reins to Steve Ballmer, who emphasized then that the Internet would be the target for much of the company's new software development efforts.
Moving to strengthen its management tools related to virtual environments, Microsoft Friday said that it has purchased IT process automation vendor Opalis for an undisclosed sum.
Small and medium-sized businesses have more important things to worry about than Microsoft's new Azure, a cloud-resident platform for building applications served to users online.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 3 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 4 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- There's now a tool to test for NSA spyware
- Logitech's G410 mechanical keyboard is $60 today
- Leaked Microsoft document confirms Windows 10 Cloud and a Chromebook competitor
- Phishing attacks using internationalised domains are hard to block
- Users' orders: Make it easier to build hybrid clouds
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPLevel 2/3 Desktop Support AnalystVIC
- FTTeam AssistantVIC
- CCSenior Security Engineer (Aruba ClearPass) - Contract - SydneyNSW
- FTSenior Analyst ProgrammerACT
- CC.Net DeveloperQLD
- TPBI AnalystQLD
- FTTester AnalystACT
- CCSenior Full-Stack Developer (Digital Transformation Project)QLD
- FTLevel 2/ 3 Systems AdministratorVIC
- CC1 st Level Help Desk SupportNSW
- TPIntergration SpecialistQLD
- CCSenior Business AnalystQLD
- FTSenior Business Analyst, Wealth InvestmentNSW
- CCDesktop Support/ Field Services EngineerQLD
- FTWindows Dev Ops EngineerNSW
- FTSolution Architect - SecurityVIC
- FTSenior Information Security SpecialistQLD
- CCSoftware ManagerVIC
- TPSharePoint DeveloperQLD
- CCSAP FIORI Technical SpecialistQLD
- FTNetwork EngineerSA
- FTScrum Coach / Agile CoachACT
- CCSAP CRM Functional AnalystQLD
- CCSAP CRM Functional AnalystWA
- CCProject Manager - DigitalisationQLD