A massive 4.3in screen and HTC's superb Sense UI combine to make this the best Windows phone on the market
Windows Mobile in pictures
The HTC Touch Diamond 2 is an upgrade to the original Touch Diamond and is a full touch-screen smartphone with HTC's TouchFLO user interface.
While some of the announcements Microsoft plans to make at the Mobile World Congress have already leaked out, the new user interface on Windows Mobile 6.5 may pleasantly surprise mobile users when it is unveiled at the show.
Video calling is finally coming to the world's more than one billion WhatsApp users on Android, iOS, and Windows.
Is Windows Phone a dead platform walking? Microsoft didn't even mention its mobile OS during the Build 2016 keynote, and sadly, it shouldn't come as a surprise.
A big leak, apparently from an internal Microsoft presentation, appears to confirm the specifications of the Lumia 950, 950XL, and Lumia 550, along with a Microsoft Display Dock to plug them into.
Microsoft's Windows Mobile OS will regain some of the smartphone market share it has lost recently - but will still be in last place in 2014, according to research firm IDC's Worldwide Quarterly Mobile Phone Tracker.
Rhomobile will announce Wednesday version 2.0 of its development-as-a-service platform for building smartphone applications.
That Windows Mobile is "on life support" must come as news to the 7.23 million users of Microsoft's smartphone operating system. While the smartphone OS is in jeopardy, I don't see a situation nearly so dire.
Buying a smartphone is daunting enough even before you consider what operating system it will run. From touch screens to QWERTY keyboards, candy-bars to sliders, e-mail to multimedia, choosing a smartphone has never been more confusing because of the...
The release of Windows Mobile 6.5 is not the complete overhaul that users have been demanding. For that the smartphone-using public will have to wait for Windows Mobile 7, scheduled to release in the last quarter of 2010.
You can stop holding your breath now: Windows Mobile 6.5 is here. Oh, come on -- I know you've been just dying to get your hands on Microsoft's new mobile OS, haven't you? Anyone? Hello?
Windows Mobile 6.5 may still be weeks away from its release, but Microsoft is already leaking clues about its successor. Windows Mobile 7 will directly integrate social networking functionality into a phone's "core experience," according to a job pos...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Chrome bug triggered errors on websites using Symantec SSL certificates
- OpenAI releases Universe, a platform for training AIs to play games, use apps
- Apple offers views on automated car policy, but cagey about its plans
- Watch Dogs 2 review: A fresh, interesting rebirth that ditches the stale Ubisoft formula
- How to shoot a drone out of the sky
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSecurity ConsultantQLD
- FTInformation Management and Data Services ManagerVIC
- CCUAT TesterQLD
- FTMigration ArchitectSA
- FTDevOps EngineerNSW
- FTIT Business PartnerNSW
- CCSecurity ConsultantWA
- TPTechnical Specialist, Identity and Acess ManagementVIC
- FTEngineering ManagerACT
- FTChange Manager/ Project ManagerACT
- CCWindows 365 Engineer - start ASAPNSW
- CCCloud Automation Engineer. Work Location - CanberraVIC
- CCSenior Developer - Java and AWSVIC
- FTEnterprise Account ManagerACT
- CCBusiness Analyst- Agile DigitalVIC
- TPSenior PMO AnalystNSW
- FTProject ManagerOther
- FTUX / UI DesignerVIC
- FTDigital Delivery and Engagement OfficersVIC
- CCSoftware TesterACT
- TPBusiness Improvement and Change ManagerQLD
- CCTest ManagerNSW
- CCSystem EngineerVIC
- FT2nd Line Engineer - CitrixVIC
- FTSite Acquisition ManagerSA