Is Windows Phone a dead platform walking? Microsoft didn't even mention its mobile OS during the Build 2016 keynote, and sadly, it shouldn't come as a surprise.
A big leak, apparently from an internal Microsoft presentation, appears to confirm the specifications of the Lumia 950, 950XL, and Lumia 550, along with a Microsoft Display Dock to plug them into.
Microsoft's Windows Mobile OS will regain some of the smartphone market share it has lost recently - but will still be in last place in 2014, according to research firm IDC's Worldwide Quarterly Mobile Phone Tracker.
Rhomobile will announce Wednesday version 2.0 of its development-as-a-service platform for building smartphone applications.
Microsoft will release a new mobile OS for enterprise handheld devices later this year as it tries to simplify the Windows Mobile upgrade cycle for customers, the company said Thursday.
<a href="http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9137163/Apple_Update">Apple</a> 's <a href="http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9108338/Continuing_coverage_Apple_s_iPhone">iPhone</a> came out on top in terms of customer satisfaction compared with ...
The smartphone's impact on the mobile phone marketplace globally is well-established, but smartphone growth continues its upward trend in fairly astounding degrees, according to market research firm Gartner Inc.
Mozilla has decided to stop development of a version of its Firefox mobile Web browser for phones running Windows Mobile.
While Microsoft still isn't commenting on whether current Windows Mobile phones will be upgradeable to its new Windows Phone 7 software, it has finally officially revealed that existing applications won't work on the new platform.
Android and Apple's iPhone OS were the fastest-growing smartphone platforms in 2009, with sales of the iPhone OS overtaking those of Windows Mobile, research company Gartner said Tuesday. Symbian and Research In Motion's BlackBerry still lead the mar...
Toshiba's update on its TG01 multimedia smartphone has made a quiet debut at this week's Mobile World Congress show in Barcelona.
Microsoft unveiled the next version of its operating system for mobile phones, Windows Phone 7 Series, featuring a move away from applications and towards functions.
Google is adding some basic mobile device management capabilities to Google Apps that will let IT managers remotely wipe data from lost iPhones.
Garmin-Asus plans to display its first GPS smartphone of 2010 on Thursday, the M10, loaded with the latest version of Microsoft Windows Mobile 6.5.3 and a 3.5-inch touchscreen.
Sony Ericsson Mobile Communications has launched the Aspen, a smartphone with a QWERTY keyboard and touchscreen, running the latest version of Windows Mobile.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Roving Rachel's best crowd-funded travel products that are online right now
- 3 ways to improve your sales this Mother’s Day
- Businesses can now buy apps in bulk from the Windows Store
- Apple partners with SAP in new enterprise push
- Newer Wi-Fi's faster, but it needs a fast wire behind it
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCFull Stack Developers - JavaNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerVIC
- FTSoftware (.Net) DeveloperACT
- FTTechnology Risk ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Revenue Systems Functional AnalystSA
- CCInfrastructure Engineer - Windows, VMWare, HyperVWA
- FTDigital Sales Manager - Online MediaNSW
- FTTechnical Business Analyst - BINSW
- CCContract Snr IT Assistant (IT Operation/UNIX) 160504/SITA/982Asia
- FTProduct Owner - MarketingNSW
- CCSenior Java Analyst / AdministratorACT
- CCDesktop Engineer, renewable contractAsia
- FTBusiness Intelligence ConsultantSA
- FTTechnical/Team Lead - .NetNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst, Loyalty projectsNSW
- CCAzure DeveloperNSW
- CCITIL Environment, Configuration, Release Manager- Banking/GovtNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCSAP BW developerVIC
- CCSenior Master Data OfficerNSW
- CCSolution Architect / Data ArchitectNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (.Net/Crystal Report) 160504/AP/vtdAsia
- CCOrganisational Change ManagerVIC
- CCNV1 | System admin with SQL server experience for Defence Application SupportACT