Video calling is finally coming to the world's more than one billion WhatsApp users on Android, iOS, and Windows.
Is Windows Phone a dead platform walking? Microsoft didn't even mention its mobile OS during the Build 2016 keynote, and sadly, it shouldn't come as a surprise.
A big leak, apparently from an internal Microsoft presentation, appears to confirm the specifications of the Lumia 950, 950XL, and Lumia 550, along with a Microsoft Display Dock to plug them into.
Microsoft's Windows Mobile OS will regain some of the smartphone market share it has lost recently - but will still be in last place in 2014, according to research firm IDC's Worldwide Quarterly Mobile Phone Tracker.
Rhomobile will announce Wednesday version 2.0 of its development-as-a-service platform for building smartphone applications.
Microsoft will release a new mobile OS for enterprise handheld devices later this year as it tries to simplify the Windows Mobile upgrade cycle for customers, the company said Thursday.
<a href="http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9137163/Apple_Update">Apple</a> 's <a href="http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9108338/Continuing_coverage_Apple_s_iPhone">iPhone</a> came out on top in terms of customer satisfaction compared with ...
The smartphone's impact on the mobile phone marketplace globally is well-established, but smartphone growth continues its upward trend in fairly astounding degrees, according to market research firm Gartner Inc.
Mozilla has decided to stop development of a version of its Firefox mobile Web browser for phones running Windows Mobile.
While Microsoft still isn't commenting on whether current Windows Mobile phones will be upgradeable to its new Windows Phone 7 software, it has finally officially revealed that existing applications won't work on the new platform.
Android and Apple's iPhone OS were the fastest-growing smartphone platforms in 2009, with sales of the iPhone OS overtaking those of Windows Mobile, research company Gartner said Tuesday. Symbian and Research In Motion's BlackBerry still lead the mar...
Toshiba's update on its TG01 multimedia smartphone has made a quiet debut at this week's Mobile World Congress show in Barcelona.
Microsoft unveiled the next version of its operating system for mobile phones, Windows Phone 7 Series, featuring a move away from applications and towards functions.
Google is adding some basic mobile device management capabilities to Google Apps that will let IT managers remotely wipe data from lost iPhones.
Garmin-Asus plans to display its first GPS smartphone of 2010 on Thursday, the M10, loaded with the latest version of Microsoft Windows Mobile 6.5.3 and a 3.5-inch touchscreen.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 3 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 4 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- There's now a tool to test for NSA spyware
- Logitech's G410 mechanical keyboard is $60 today
- Leaked Microsoft document confirms Windows 10 Cloud and a Chromebook competitor
- Phishing attacks using internationalised domains are hard to block
- Users' orders: Make it easier to build hybrid clouds
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCNetwork Solution Architect - PresalesNSW
- FTSenior Analyst ProgrammerACT
- CCPerl Developer l Port Macquarie or QueanbeyanNSW
- TPProject/Deployment ManagerQLD
- FTSales Lead - Healthcare systemsVIC
- FTProcurement AdvisorQLD
- CCEnd User Services ArchitectNSW
- FTTechnical ConsultantACT
- CCUAT Test CoordinatorQLD
- FTSenior C# DeveloperNSW
- FTSolution Architect - SecurityVIC
- TPSenior Business Analyst - GISQLD
- TPDigital Business AnalystNSW
- FTWindows EngineerWA
- FTProject Coordinator ($280-$300 per day)NSW
- FTMid-Level .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCDelivery Project ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Full-Stack Developer (Digital Transformation Project)QLD
- CCWindows System EngineerNSW
- FTSpatial technical officerACT
- FTCRM Technical Specialist (Oracle Eloqua)ACT
- FTSecurity and Technical Risk ManagerQLD
- FTSenior Information Security SpecialistQLD
- FTSolution ConsultantVIC
- CC.Net DeveloperQLD