Is Windows Phone a dead platform walking? Microsoft didn't even mention its mobile OS during the Build 2016 keynote, and sadly, it shouldn't come as a surprise.
A big leak, apparently from an internal Microsoft presentation, appears to confirm the specifications of the Lumia 950, 950XL, and Lumia 550, along with a Microsoft Display Dock to plug them into.
Microsoft's Windows Mobile OS will regain some of the smartphone market share it has lost recently - but will still be in last place in 2014, according to research firm IDC's Worldwide Quarterly Mobile Phone Tracker.
Rhomobile will announce Wednesday version 2.0 of its development-as-a-service platform for building smartphone applications.
Microsoft will release a new mobile OS for enterprise handheld devices later this year as it tries to simplify the Windows Mobile upgrade cycle for customers, the company said Thursday.
<a href="http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9137163/Apple_Update">Apple</a> 's <a href="http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9108338/Continuing_coverage_Apple_s_iPhone">iPhone</a> came out on top in terms of customer satisfaction compared with ...
The smartphone's impact on the mobile phone marketplace globally is well-established, but smartphone growth continues its upward trend in fairly astounding degrees, according to market research firm Gartner Inc.
Mozilla has decided to stop development of a version of its Firefox mobile Web browser for phones running Windows Mobile.
While Microsoft still isn't commenting on whether current Windows Mobile phones will be upgradeable to its new Windows Phone 7 software, it has finally officially revealed that existing applications won't work on the new platform.
Android and Apple's iPhone OS were the fastest-growing smartphone platforms in 2009, with sales of the iPhone OS overtaking those of Windows Mobile, research company Gartner said Tuesday. Symbian and Research In Motion's BlackBerry still lead the mar...
Toshiba's update on its TG01 multimedia smartphone has made a quiet debut at this week's Mobile World Congress show in Barcelona.
Microsoft unveiled the next version of its operating system for mobile phones, Windows Phone 7 Series, featuring a move away from applications and towards functions.
Google is adding some basic mobile device management capabilities to Google Apps that will let IT managers remotely wipe data from lost iPhones.
Garmin-Asus plans to display its first GPS smartphone of 2010 on Thursday, the M10, loaded with the latest version of Microsoft Windows Mobile 6.5.3 and a 3.5-inch touchscreen.
Sony Ericsson Mobile Communications has launched the Aspen, a smartphone with a QWERTY keyboard and touchscreen, running the latest version of Windows Mobile.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Here are the key security features coming to Windows 10 next week
- Nvidia's latest Quadro GPU delivers a blistering 12 teraflops of performance
- Why 'qudits' (not qubits) may be the key to quantum computing
- Devices with Qualcomm modems safe from critical ASN.1 telecom flaw
- Mobile OS once considered dead comes back to life in Indian smartphone
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCSenior Data ArchitectNSW
- FTSQL DATA AnalyticsNSW
- FTProject Coordinator- NSW Government - reform BackgroundNSW
- FTFull stack (back end focus) Java Developer | Defence | NV1ACT
- FTPortal DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness Intelligence Developer - Initial 3mth ContractVIC
- CCGeo-spatial AdministratorVIC
- FTMidrange Server Provision SMENSW
- CCPerformance Test Lead- Load runner, SAP , Citrix ,HPQC ,QTPNSW
- CCServiceNow Technical LeadNSW
- FT1st Level IT Support - Microsoft EnvironmentNSW
- CCBPM Solution ArchitectVIC
- CCUI/UX DesignerNSW
- FTFull-Stack .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCPortfolio AnalystVIC
- CCUX / UI Visual DesignerNSW
- FTSenior Architect, Marketing and Campaign ManagementNSW
- CCeLearning Developer / Learning Management System AdministratorACT
- FTService Desk Team LeadNSW
- CCAccounts Reconciliation Officer/ AdministratorNSW
- FTSenior .Net Applications SupportACT
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperSA
- CCBusiness Analyst - End-User ComputingNSW
- CCIP Test Analyst - Baseline Security ClearanceVIC