As CES 2011 approaches, here are a few smartphone trends we expect to see at the show
Telstra and Microsoft gave journalists tantalising glimpses this week of how and when the software giant's upcoming range of Windows Phone 7 handsets might launch in Australia -- but without adding any real substantive meat to their local launch plan...
Microsoft is preparing for the launch of its new Windows Phone 7 mobile operating system and Marketplace app store by releasing the final version of the Windows Phone Developer Tools on 17 September.
Microsoft says that it has more than 300,000 downloads of beta tools for developers creating applications for its Windows Phone 7 app store, which is set to compete with the app-laden marketplaces for the iPhone and Android phones.
The Windows Phone Developer Tools have been downloaded more than 300,000 times, Microsoft said, as the company prepares to offer a new application store and mobile operating system.
HTC-related leaks are coming quick and fast at the moment. First we were fed the apparent specs of HTC's Desire HD smartphone, otherwise known as the HTC Ace. A day later the tech world was abuzz with the release of an alleged hands-on video of the D...
South Korea's LG Electronics will launch its first smartphone designed around Microsoft's Windows Phone 7 software by the end of September and will follow with more by the end of the year, a company representative said Wednesday.
Lose your phone much? If so, you may want to consider one running Windows Phone 7 (WP7) for your next replacement.
Blog MobileMentalism has leaked images and specifications of what it claims to be the HTC HD3 smartphone, the successor to the HTC HD2 smartphone and one of the first smartphones that will run Microsoft's all-new operating system, Windows Phone 7 Ser...
Microsoft is running a contest looking for ideas for Windows Phone 7 apps, offering the winner US$5,000, a free phone and a promise to actually develop and offer the app by the end of the year.
Microsoft shook things up this week with some high-profile departures, and a reorganization of the Entertainment and Devices division that has CEO Steve Ballmer directly controlling the future of Microsoft's consumer technologies. When it comes to sm...
Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer's comment last September that his company had "screwed up" with Windows Mobile had some theorizing that Microsoft's handheld team was in disarray and probably unable to take on the Apple iPhone and other devices.
The one caveat for those planning to buy HTC's latest smartphone powerhouse is that the HD2 will be running Windows Mobile 6.5.
Microsoft revealed this week at its Mix 10 conference for Microsoft-oriented Web developers that its forthcoming Windows Phone 7 mobile OS will not include a clipboard capability for copy-and-paste operations -- at least not in the first version.
Phone maker HTC and wireless carrier T-Mobile announced the highly anticipated HD2 smartphone in the U.S. on Tuesday, but also said that no plans were in place to put Microsoft's upcoming Windows Phone 7 OS on the device yet.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- All new Chromebooks will get Android app support
- The Asus Tinker Board is a powerful Raspberry Pi rival that plays 4K video
- Hugo Barra quits Chinese phone maker Xiaomi to return to Silicon Valley
- Torment: Tides of Numenera preview: This is the bizarre follow-up Planescape deserves
- Moving Steam games to a different folder or hard drive is finally easy
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- TPProject Manager - EnterpriseACT
- TPMobile Application DeveloperWA
- CCTechnical WriterNSW
- FTIT Procurement AdvisorQLD
- CCSenior Engineer - Finance PackagesQLD
- FTSenior Linux Systems AdministratorNSW
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- TPFunctional AnalystVIC
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- CCSenior IT Domain Specialist - Integration - CloudVIC
- TPSALESFORCE DEVELOPERQLD
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- CCIT Risk Specialist (Assurance) - TelcoVIC
- TPMS Dynamics Post Implementation BAQLD
- FTTrading Systems EngineerNSW
- CCSystem Engineer - AdelaideWA
- TPSenior Analytics Analyst DeveloperVIC
- FTBI Tech Lead l Informatica ETL , Microstrategy, Big Data TechnologiesNSW
- FTSalesforce Technical Business Analyst (Brisbane based)NSW
- CCFIS Connex Developer (Brisbane Based)Other
- TPDigital Business Analyst | AgileQLD
- PTVBA Analyst Programmer - Permanent / Part Time (3 days per week)QLD
- CCAgile CoachWA
- CCEnterprise ArchitectQLD