The long-awaited update to Windows Phone 7 appears to be close to a prime time rollout.
Do you know where your smartphone is? Unless you're using it to read PCWorld.com, your phone is probably plugged into an outlet somewhere to charge, because the battery stinks.
When you show up late to a party, you should at least bring a bottle of wine (or a case of beer depending on the party). Nokia's highly-anticipated launch of Windows Phone 7.5 "Mango" smartphones comes fairly late in the game, and doesn't seem to add...
I've been eager to get my hands on Nokia's first Windows Phone 7 phones ever since Nokia and Microsoft announced their partnership back in February.
Nokia's first flagship Windows Phone 7 device, the Lumia 800, isn't just another handset from another hardware maker. It's the future of Nokia, as the company puts the bulk of its high-end smartphone efforts into Microsoft's mobile OS.
Nokia is betting its future on Microsoft’s mobile OS, and has introduced its first Windows Phone 7 device, the Lumia 800.
As Nokia World approaches on Wednesday, details about the Finnish firm's Windows Phone 7.5 -- that's Mango -- lineup are beginning to emerge.
Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer had some nasty things to say about Google's Android operating system. But the iPhone? Not so much.
Microsoft announced today that it has mostly wrapped up its acquisition of the Internet communications company Skype. The $8.5 billion deal has received approval from the major regulators, the U.S. Federal Trade Commission and the European Union, alt...
For those who believe Apple corners the market in elegance for technology products, take a look at a new handset released in Europe yesterday by LG Electronics -- and running Microsoft software.
With the attention on Apple this week and the unveiling of the iPhone 5...I mean iPhone 4S, it is easy to forget about other mobile devices. But, Microsoft is pushing out "Mango" to current Windows Phone 7 users, and new Windows Phone 7.5 "Mango" dev...
The success of Samsung's Galaxy S Android phones just became a cash cow for Microsoft, thanks to a patent cross-licensing agreement in which Microsoft gets paid for every Android phone or tablet Samsung sells.
It's here. Windows Phone 7.5 "Mango" started rolling out to devices today, and it brought a few surprises along for the ride.
Microsoft has started rolling out its Windows Phone 7.5 update, with more than 500 new features including a new music hub and better multitasking. But most Windows Phone 7 users will have to wait a week or even a month for Mango -- unless they use th...
Microsoft will begin delivering the new version of Windows Phone 7, code-named Mango, to its customers within the next two weeks, the company announced Wednesday.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Apple offers views on automated car policy, but cagey about its plans
- Watch Dogs 2 review: A fresh, interesting rebirth that ditches the stale Ubisoft formula
- How to shoot a drone out of the sky
- Microsoft's "Holoportation" will virtually beam you into another room
- Russia claims it foiled a cyber attack from a foreign spy service
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSecurity Consultant (Perth CBD based)QLD
- CCSenior Visual DesignerVIC
- FTCommercial, Contract, Vendor ManagementVIC
- CCProject Manager (Network Roll-Out)NSW
- CCNight Shift Service Desk AnalystNSW
- FTUX Design LeadNSW
- FTJAVA Developer- XML, SOAP, GIS, Web services, SPRINGVIC
- CCSenior Windows Automation Specialist (Integration)NSW
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Project AdministratorVIC
- CCService Desk/Helpdesk ConsultantNSW
- CCWeb Optimisation AnalystWA
- TPSenior Business Analyst - HRISQLD
- CCSenior Automation TesterQLD
- TPDevelopers and TestersACT
- CCLearning & Development SpecialistNSW
- FT.Net & Oracle Developers - Agile, Digital/ Portal DevelopmentNSW
- FTDevOps EngineerQLD
- CCBusiness Analyst- Agile DigitalVIC
- CCMaximo Consultant - Asset ManagementVIC
- CCMid-level .NET Developer/Programmer - Finance - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW
- FTSenior Manager, Data and InformationQLD
- TPSenior Project Manager - Wealth/ AdviceNSW
- FTSecurity Delivery Manager l Security, Governance, Delivery & OperationNSW
- FTService Desk Team LeaderNSW