After a month-long hiatus, Microsoft released a new build of Windows 10 Mobile to testers Wednesday, fixing a bunch of bugs and adding a few new features as the company gets closer to releasing its mobile operating system.
Recent leaked images of a Lumia 950 XL smartphone prototype point to it as Microsoft's next flagship running Windows 10 Mobile.
If you're wondering what a low-budget Windows 10 smartphone might look like, Microsoft's minimum requirements provide some clues.
Microsoft's virtual assistant Cortana is packing her bags and heading for new countries after the launch of Windows 10.
Windows Phone isn't going away.
Windows Phone users who have been testing Microsoft's Windows 10 Mobile beta operating system were given a little present heading into their weekend with the release of a new build Friday.
A few well-regarded flagship devices, a focused core experience, a vibrant app ecosystem, and a belief in the quality of its own products: Apple lives and breathes these things, and has achieved massive profitability in the phone space as a result. A...
Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella just unveiled the latest of the "tough choices" Microsoft is making to streamline its business, and it's a doozy: the company is significantly cutting back its smartphone ambitions almost two years after announcing it woul...
With the launch of Windows 10, anyone who walks into your house and gets your Wi-Fi password for their PC could potentially let all their friends onto your network, thanks to a new feature that has ignited controversy online.
Microsoft offered a new version of Windows 10 Mobile to the earliest adopters in the Windows Insider Program on Thursday, accelerating the release of new beta versions of its mobile operating system.
Windows Phone users who have been testing the upcoming version of Windows 10 for smartphones have a new build to play with.
Windows Phone users hankering for the next preview build of Windows 10 don't have to wait much longer.
Sales of Android smartphones were up in the first quarter but its share of the market fell, while that of iOS grew for the third consecutive quarter.
Apple products are still the preferred mobile devices among enterprise users, but competitors are chipping away at the company's lead, especially in the tablet market.
It was a marriage of convenience for two industry giants whose past successes weren't helping them win in the red-hot smartphone market. One year later, it's hard to say that Microsoft's acquisition of Nokia's device business has produced the results...
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Acer Swift 7
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Lexar® Portable SSD
Google Daydream VR headset
Huawei Mate 9
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Surface Pro 4
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- 2 ZTE Axon 7 review: Is ZTE dumping old stock on Australia?
- 3 Oppo R9s smartphone full review
- 4 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Telefonica-Sigfox deal is a big win for diverse IoT networks
- This Asus ROG gaming laptop just dropped to $1,500 on Newegg
- 5G will help autonomous cars cruise streets safely
- FCC rolls back net neutrality ISP transparency rules
- Razer's Power Bank boosts your laptop battery while charging two smartphones
PCW Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPLead Change Manager - ERPVIC
- FTDynamics AX Functional ConsultantQLD
- FTLife/400 Resource - PermanentNSW
- CCPerformance Test AnalystQLD
- FTSales Account Manager | Cloud Solutions | Global Tech GiantNSW
- TPBI Commercial AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Software Engineer - JavaQLD
- TPIT Project Manager - Office relocationVIC
- TPOracle Consultant - CC&BQLD
- FTInfrastructure Solution ArchitectSA
- CCSenior Automation TesterQLD
- CCSystem EngineerSA
- TPProject Technical LeadQLD
- TPSenior Business Project ManagerNSW
- TPTechnical Report EditorQLD
- TPBusiness AnalystVIC
- TPHRIS Business AnalystQLD
- TPSenior Business AnalystVIC
- FTNodeJS DeveloperNSW
- FTCitrix EngineerNSW
- CCMidrange ProvisioningNSW
- CCTest AnalystQLD
- CCWicked Front-End DeveloperQLD
- FTSAP BW ConsultantACT
- CCNetwork Engineer (cisco)NSW