After a month-long hiatus, Microsoft released a new build of Windows 10 Mobile to testers Wednesday, fixing a bunch of bugs and adding a few new features as the company gets closer to releasing its mobile operating system.
Recent leaked images of a Lumia 950 XL smartphone prototype point to it as Microsoft's next flagship running Windows 10 Mobile.
If you're wondering what a low-budget Windows 10 smartphone might look like, Microsoft's minimum requirements provide some clues.
Microsoft's virtual assistant Cortana is packing her bags and heading for new countries after the launch of Windows 10.
Windows Phone isn't going away.
Windows Phone users who have been testing Microsoft's Windows 10 Mobile beta operating system were given a little present heading into their weekend with the release of a new build Friday.
A few well-regarded flagship devices, a focused core experience, a vibrant app ecosystem, and a belief in the quality of its own products: Apple lives and breathes these things, and has achieved massive profitability in the phone space as a result. A...
Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella just unveiled the latest of the "tough choices" Microsoft is making to streamline its business, and it's a doozy: the company is significantly cutting back its smartphone ambitions almost two years after announcing it woul...
With the launch of Windows 10, anyone who walks into your house and gets your Wi-Fi password for their PC could potentially let all their friends onto your network, thanks to a new feature that has ignited controversy online.
Microsoft offered a new version of Windows 10 Mobile to the earliest adopters in the Windows Insider Program on Thursday, accelerating the release of new beta versions of its mobile operating system.
Windows Phone users who have been testing the upcoming version of Windows 10 for smartphones have a new build to play with.
Windows Phone users hankering for the next preview build of Windows 10 don't have to wait much longer.
Sales of Android smartphones were up in the first quarter but its share of the market fell, while that of iOS grew for the third consecutive quarter.
Apple products are still the preferred mobile devices among enterprise users, but competitors are chipping away at the company's lead, especially in the tablet market.
It was a marriage of convenience for two industry giants whose past successes weren't helping them win in the red-hot smartphone market. One year later, it's hard to say that Microsoft's acquisition of Nokia's device business has produced the results...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Apple sues Qualcomm over patent licensing and $1B in payments
- New details emerge about Intel's super-small Euclid computer for robots
- Microsoft will soon end Office 2013 distribution through Office 365
- Researchers propose a way to use your heartbeat as a password
- How does China respond to US chip threats? With a $30 billion factory
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- CCService Desk Consultant-Baseline Clearance RequiredNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager - Queensland TerritoryQLD
- FTFull Stack PHP DevelopersQLD
- FTSystem AdministratorNSW
- TP.Net DeveloperVIC
- FTTest Analyst - HealthcareVIC
- CCIT Support AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Murex DeveloperVIC
- CCCapacity and Performance Analyst - Mainframe - Z SystemsVIC
- TPTechnical Business AnalystVIC
- CCNetwork Design EngineerACT
- CCProject DirectorVIC
- CCSenior Project Manager - Vendor Transition - ApplicationsNSW
- TPDigital Business Analyst | AgileQLD
- FTExecutive Sales ManagerVIC
- FTTechnical Account ManagerACT
- CCJava Developer/ Guidewire Developers - Brisbane basedNSW
- FTSecurity Solutions Architect - Consultancy - Permanent - Sydney CBDNSW
- TPWeb DeveloperSA
- CCPMO Analyst - Financial ServicesNSW
- CCSCRUM MasterVIC
- FTSnr SOC Security Coordinator - Perm - North Ryde areaNSW
- CCNetwork Systems Engineer l Application Support l Linux l Port MacquarieNSW
- CCJunior Project ManagerQLD