The Toshiba Encore is an 8in tablet that runs the full version of Microsoft's Windows 8.1 operating system
The Surface 2 boasts a full HD screen, features updated internals and has a new two-stage kickstand
The ASUS Vivo Tab RT has build quality issues, a cramped physical keyboard and limited Windows RT apps
Microsoft says the decision to drop the 'RT' branding from its second generation Surface tablet was a move made to address consumer confusion between the scaled down, tablet-optimised operating system and its regular Windows 8.1 OS.
Asus has unveiled its Transformer Book Trio at Computex 2013. The firm is calling the device, which runs Windows and Android, a cross between a PC, laptop and tablet.
Latest News Articles
- Nokia Lumia 1520 Windows Phone
- Imation 2-in-1 Micro USB Flash drive for Android
- IN PICTURES: Game Masters exhibition explores history's most influential (+74 photos)
- US ITC to review ruling in patent dispute between Nokia and HTC
- Privacy groups ask FCC to rule that carriers cannot share phone records
Most Popular Articles
- 1 What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- 2 Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- 3 Windows 7 Home Premium vs. Windows 7 Professional
- 4 How do I connect my TV to the Internet?
- 5 Samsung’s 2013 Smart TVs: everything you need to know
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Best Deals on PCWorld
- Mobile PhonesView all »
- NotebooksView all »
- TabletsView all »
- Printers & ScannersView all »
- Networking, Wireless & VoIPView all »