Figuring out what's wrong with a balky computer takes a bit of detective work -- but with our advice, you can solve the mystery in no time at all.
Reformatting and restoring a PC is not fun--in the way spending 2 hours in the dentist's chair is not fun. You have to back up all your data (and pray that you haven't forgotten anything), reformat the hard drive, install Windows, track down missing ...
If you have a PC, chances are it runs too slowly for your tastes. Over time, your computer slows down due to all the virtual junk that accumulates in there.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Google Nexus 6P review: An outstanding multimedia machine
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Modular cellphone kit can be used for IoT and wearables
- Now that AI has mastered 'Go,' are all our jobs next?
- Make a $40 Linux or Android PC with new Raspberry Pi 2 rival
- Researcher finds serious flaw in Chromium-based Avast SafeZone browser
- Dridex banking malware mysteriously hijacked to distribute antivirus program
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTServer EngineerNSW
- CCSAP ABAP ProgrammersACT
- FTTechnical Lead (C#/.Net)NSW
- CCSenior Systems Analyst (Biomedical)SA
- FTBusiness Intelligence AnalystVIC
- CCTechnical Business Analyst (Telecommunications) / Melb CBDVIC
- CCSAP Primavera Functional ConsultantNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCFront End Developer - MelbourneVIC
- CCSolution Architect - .NET environmentACT
- FTProject Manager | SharePoint, Office 365 SkillsVIC
- CCSenior Android DeveloperNSW
- CCData AnalystNSW
- CCContract Junior Programmer (JAVA/Mobile App) 160115/JP/vhaAsia
- CCProject ManagerACT
- FTProject Manager | Defence projects | NV1/NV2 cleared | Canberra basedACT
- CCETL DeveloperNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst AGILENSW
- FTNetwork Engineer | NV2 clearance | Defence projects | Immediate interviewACT
- CCSQL DeveloperVIC
- FT.NET Tech LeadVIC
- CCProject Manager & Coordination OfficerACT
- FTIT Technical LeadVIC
- FTInsight / Customer / modelling - Analyst (Data Scientist)NSW