The writing is on the wall. Despite a major push to sell the >uch-maligned Windows Vista, customers aren't buying.
It has been a week since hackers released software that could be used to attack a flaw in Windows Vista and Server 2008, but Microsoft and security companies say that criminals haven't done much with the attack.
With the appearance of Windows 7's Release to Manufacturing (RTM) build, Microsoft may be hoping that it can finally dismiss Windows Vista as an unsuccessful experiment that paved the way for something better.
A year ago today, Microsoft pulled the plug on Windows XP, no longer selling new copies in most venues. The June 30 kill date for XP followed a six-month outcry from users about Windows Vista, with demands that Microsoft keep XP available alongside V...
Windows Vista's market share growth has slowed since Microsoft released public versions of Vista's successor, Windows 7, according to data published today by Web metrics company Net Applications.
Windows Vista Service Pack 2 has been released as a public beta version.
The writing is on the wall. Despite a major push to sell the much-maligned Windows Vista, customers aren't buying. Nearly two years after Vista's release, Windows XP remains the standard desktop OS in business, and Microsoft has extended its availabi...
The sprawl of management consoles, the proliferation of data they provide and the rising use of virtualization are adding challenges to corporations looking to more effectively manage mixed Linux, Windows and cloud environments.
June 25, 1998, and June 30, 2008, marked two important milestones in Microsoft's evolution of the Windows OS -- the passing of the torch from Windows 95 to Windows 98, and the less seemly transition from XP to Vista.
Vista, thy name is bloat!
Microsoft's Windows Vista can be used for as long as 120 days without agreeing to its product activation antipiracy software, the company confirmed Friday. That's four times longer than the 30 days the company has widely used as the maximum time span...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Georgia says it's traced an attempted voter hack to DHS
- How the Internet of Things is putting us at risk
- AMD packs more horsepower into GPUs with new Radeon ReLive software
- Cortana for iOS, Android now features quick access to common actions
- Russian cyberspies likely behind DNC breach move on to German election
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCTest Lead : Perth BasedVIC
- FTDevOps/L2 Support EngineerVIC
- CCIT SharePoint SpecialistNSW
- FTChange Manager/ Project ManagerACT
- FTTelecom Riggers and TechniciansNSW
- CCCapacity and Performance AnalystVIC
- FTCommercial, Contract, Vendor ManagementVIC
- FTSystem EngineerNSW
- FTDevOps EngineerQLD
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCMainframe Developer (with ASP.NET)VIC
- CCTest EngineerNSW
- FTCampaign AnalystVIC
- FTPMO Lead/ ManagerNSW
- CCServicing Financial Planner - CBDNSW
- FTServiceNow and Service Management ArchitectVIC
- TPIT Project CoordinatorVIC
- TPSenior Test Analyst - Data ReconciliationQLD
- CCProgress DeveloperQLD
- CCProject Manager - Cabling, Network Sys Design and DeliveryNSW
- TPSenior System Engineer - WintelVIC
- FTWeb Developer/ DesignerNSW
- CCTest ManagerNSW
- TPMicrosoft BI DeveloperWA
- TPSenior Change ManagerNSW