The writing is on the wall. Despite a major push to sell the >uch-maligned Windows Vista, customers aren't buying.
It has been a week since hackers released software that could be used to attack a flaw in Windows Vista and Server 2008, but Microsoft and security companies say that criminals haven't done much with the attack.
With the appearance of Windows 7's Release to Manufacturing (RTM) build, Microsoft may be hoping that it can finally dismiss Windows Vista as an unsuccessful experiment that paved the way for something better.
A year ago today, Microsoft pulled the plug on Windows XP, no longer selling new copies in most venues. The June 30 kill date for XP followed a six-month outcry from users about Windows Vista, with demands that Microsoft keep XP available alongside V...
Windows Vista's market share growth has slowed since Microsoft released public versions of Vista's successor, Windows 7, according to data published today by Web metrics company Net Applications.
Windows Vista Service Pack 2 has been released as a public beta version.
The writing is on the wall. Despite a major push to sell the much-maligned Windows Vista, customers aren't buying. Nearly two years after Vista's release, Windows XP remains the standard desktop OS in business, and Microsoft has extended its availabi...
The sprawl of management consoles, the proliferation of data they provide and the rising use of virtualization are adding challenges to corporations looking to more effectively manage mixed Linux, Windows and cloud environments.
June 25, 1998, and June 30, 2008, marked two important milestones in Microsoft's evolution of the Windows OS -- the passing of the torch from Windows 95 to Windows 98, and the less seemly transition from XP to Vista.
Vista, thy name is bloat!
Microsoft's Windows Vista can be used for as long as 120 days without agreeing to its product activation antipiracy software, the company confirmed Friday. That's four times longer than the 30 days the company has widely used as the maximum time span...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Need more analytics speed? Cray wants to light a fire under your big data
- Tips and apps to improve your sales
- Why technology is so scary for three-quarters of Aussie businesses
- Synology DS216+ Review
- Facebook denies bias in Trending Topics, but promises changes nevertheless
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCMS SCOM AdministratorVIC
- CCSolutions Architect - Enterprise ApplicationsNSW
- FTPermanent Defence network engineer - career progression & flexible conditionsACT
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Major exciting White Paper projectsACT
- CCService Provider Manager - DesktopVIC
- CCSolution Architect (security domain)VIC
- CCSystem Engineer - Server Migration experienceNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE) 160526/AP/506Asia
- FTSharepoint Developer - O365NSW
- FTSenior Developer (.Net)SA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle) 160520/AP/985Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL/Web) 160519/AP/453Asia
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCIT Technical WriterACT
- FTFunctional Kronos ConsultantNSW
- FTProduct OwnerNSW
- CCData Feeds Developer | Financial Services | C# & SQLNSW
- CCProject SpecialistVIC
- CCChange Manager- ProcurementNSW
- FTGraduate IT Support OfficerNSW
- CCContract Programmer (HTML/JAVA/SQL) 160525/P/013Asia
- CCCampaign ManagerNSW
- FTSOA Tech LeadNSW
- CCSenior IT Security Specialist-SANS, ISC2, ISACA, ITILNSW
- CCBusiness Systems AnalystQLD