There is no better keyboard travelling companion
A bigger screen, larger battery and higher resolution camera make the Lumia 640 a worthwhile upgrade
The most fleshed out Windows 8.1 Phone yet
Nokia's reclaim to fame
Sometimes it's better never than late.
Windows in pictures
Windows is full of niggling little irritations. These tools fix them.
ZenBook UX305 is a Windows Ultrabook that copies the MacBook Air’s look, but not its price.
From Cortana to the fancy new Start menu, you won't want to miss these Windows 10 features.
These small, yet obscure Windows tips and tricks can make a big difference in your workflow - and save you tons of time in the process.
Goodbye, product key; hello, digital license. Learn more about the changes here.
Windows 10 growth slowed slightly last month but remained robust enough to push the nearly-one-year-old OS over the 21% share bar, according to new data from metrics vendor Net Applications.
Microsoft has fixed over 40 vulnerabilities in its products Tuesday, including critical ones in Windows, Internet Explorer, Edge, and Office.
Prominent Windows PC makers have made "egregious" omissions in the software updaters they bundle with notebooks that leave customers at risk from cyberattack.
Windows Hello is Microsoft’s biometric security system for Windows 10 PCs but it requires special hardware. Japan's Mouse Computer will soon launch add-on sensors for any PC.
Like many Windows 8 users, I spend most of my time using Desktop mode, which affords me a more Windows 7-like experience.
Reformatting and restoring a PC is not fun--in the way spending 2 hours in the dentist's chair is not fun. You have to back up all your data (and pray that you haven't forgotten anything), reformat the hard drive, install Windows, track down missing ...
With all the many compelling reasons for a company to switch to Linux on the desktop, it's no wonder that businesses large and small are increasingly relying on the free and open source operating system.
Keyboard shortcuts are wonderful time-savers but many of us are either too accustomed to the mouse or too lazy to get beyond Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V.
Maybe you didn't get the memo: Tomorrow marks the end of patches for Windows XP Service Pack 2 (SP2).
Three months of phone calls prove Windows scammers are more skilled at social engineering than you think
Latest Win10 update got you fuming? Here’s how to get your PC back on track
One of the key parts of Satya Nadella's keynote address to attendees at Microsoft's Build developer conference Wednesday was a discussion of creating virtual assistants and intelligent chat bots to help users do everything from managing their calenda...
Microsoft executives will take the stage at Moscone West in San Francisco on Wednesday for the first of two keynote addresses to the company's big Build developer conference. Here are five key things to expect from the next two days of Microsoft anno...
Microsoft has created a $43 billion business, a potential Apple-and-OEM-esque company-within-a-company, that could be used to take up the slack if some of its computer-making partners falter.
Videos about Windows
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- FBI reports more attempts to hack voter registration system
- Home Theatre review: Which is better, a 4K projector or 4K TV?
- Logitech HD Pro Webcam C920 review: HD video and stereo sound add polish to video calls
- Boat rental with GetMyBoat – the AirBnB of boating
- A new Microsoft tool shows how Win 10 might affect devices
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTNetApp Storage ConsultantWA
- FTSenior PHP DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Change ManagerVIC
- FTTest SpecialistSA
- CCBusiness ArchitectNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- CCVideo Conference Support Officer- VoIP, LAN, WAN, RemedyNSW
- CCSecurity Cleared IT Professionals - Expression of InterestSA
- CCContract Web Developer (160915/WD/vmp)Asia
- CCNetwork and Security EngineerNSW
- CCDesktop Infrastructure SpecialistACT
- CCData Analyst | Data Feeds | Catalogue and MapNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (IT Security) 160928/JP/653Asia
- CCService Desk analystSA
- CCTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / Kronos)NSW
- CCBI Reporting AnalystACT
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- CCiOS DeveloperNSW
- FTTechnical Business Analyst | Marketing ServicesNSW
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst -Change and SAP ProcurementNSW
- FTCertification and Accreditation Security ConsultantACT
- CCBusiness Analyst with change management experienceACT
- FTScrum Master | High Profile FintechNSW
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT