There is no better keyboard travelling companion
A bigger screen, larger battery and higher resolution camera make the Lumia 640 a worthwhile upgrade
The most fleshed out Windows 8.1 Phone yet
Nokia's reclaim to fame
Sometimes it's better never than late.
Windows in pictures
Windows is full of niggling little irritations. These tools fix them.
ZenBook UX305 is a Windows Ultrabook that copies the MacBook Air’s look, but not its price.
From Cortana to the fancy new Start menu, you won't want to miss these Windows 10 features.
These small, yet obscure Windows tips and tricks can make a big difference in your workflow - and save you tons of time in the process.
Optus is sweetening online pre-orders for the Lumia 950 and Lumia 950 XL with an Xbox giveaway.
Samsung remains the top smartphone vendor worldwide, followed by Apple.
On display in the corner of the Microsoft Store in Sydney are the Lumia 950 and 950XL. Pre-orders can be placed for the smartphones with pricing set at $999 for the 950 and $1129 for the 950XL.
Blackberry placed rivalries aside and purchased Good Technology as the phone maker moves further into the mobile security market.
Westfield Sydney on Pitt Street will be home to Microsoft’s upcoming flagship store in the Asia Pacific. It will be where the buck stops on troubleshooting and where it starts on signature edition hardware.
Like many Windows 8 users, I spend most of my time using Desktop mode, which affords me a more Windows 7-like experience.
Reformatting and restoring a PC is not fun--in the way spending 2 hours in the dentist's chair is not fun. You have to back up all your data (and pray that you haven't forgotten anything), reformat the hard drive, install Windows, track down missing ...
With all the many compelling reasons for a company to switch to Linux on the desktop, it's no wonder that businesses large and small are increasingly relying on the free and open source operating system.
Keyboard shortcuts are wonderful time-savers but many of us are either too accustomed to the mouse or too lazy to get beyond Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V.
Maybe you didn't get the memo: Tomorrow marks the end of patches for Windows XP Service Pack 2 (SP2).
Microsoft has created a $43 billion business, a potential Apple-and-OEM-esque company-within-a-company, that could be used to take up the slack if some of its computer-making partners falter.
Lately I’ve been hearing the call of the Siren, luring me away from my camps at iOS and Android, towards the reimagined Windows 10 mobile.
Cortana, Microsoft's smart, snarky digital assistant, is one of the highlight features of Windows 10, imbuing the operating system with a sense of presence that never existed in previous versions of Windows. Cortana's natural language search capabili...
Finally, an operating system from Microsoft you can love.
Rejoice, Windows fans. Windows 10 is finally here and it's chock full of fancy new features like Cortana, Task View, windowed modern UI apps, and the return of the Start menu. But despite the excitement--and the free upgrade for Windows 7 and 8.1 use...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Google Nexus 6P review: An outstanding multimedia machine
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Modular cellphone kit can be used for IoT and wearables
- Now that AI has mastered 'Go,' are all our jobs next?
- Make a $40 Linux or Android PC with new Raspberry Pi 2 rival
- Researcher finds serious flaw in Chromium-based Avast SafeZone browser
- Dridex banking malware mysteriously hijacked to distribute antivirus program
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTHelpdesk support - Level 1VIC
- FTSenior C# .NET Developer (Focus WCF, MVC)VIC
- CCJava/J2EE ConsultantVIC
- CCIT Solution DesignerNSW
- FTJava or Ruby Web DeveloperVIC
- CCIT Hadoop DevelopersQLD
- CCService Desk ManagerVIC
- CCService EngineerVIC
- CCContract Software Engineer (Crystal Report/JAVA) 160129/SE/vccAsia
- FTC# .Net DeveloperSA
- FTOracle System Integration Engineer - CANBERRASA
- CCSSIS/ SSRS ExpertVIC
- CCSAP Primavera Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCOracle CC&B Technical AnalystVIC
- FTInsight / Customer - Data ScientistNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - BaselineACT
- FTBusiness Intelligence AnalystVIC
- FTLinux AdministratorVIC
- FTNetwork Engineer | Canberra | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projectsVIC
- CCiOS Developer - New AppNSW
- CCDesktop Applications PackagerSA
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- CCTechnical Business Analyst (Telecommunications) / Melb CBDVIC
- FTProject Coordinator - My Learning Space (Oracle iLearning)NSW
- CCJava Developer - Front/ Back EndVIC