A nearly perfect blend of Windows and Mac
Hugely expensive but still unique and still very fast
There is no better keyboard travelling companion
A bigger screen, larger battery and higher resolution camera make the Lumia 640 a worthwhile upgrade
The most fleshed out Windows 8.1 Phone yet
Windows in pictures
Windows is full of niggling little irritations. These tools fix them.
ZenBook UX305 is a Windows Ultrabook that copies the MacBook Air’s look, but not its price.
From Cortana to the fancy new Start menu, you won't want to miss these Windows 10 features.
These small, yet obscure Windows tips and tricks can make a big difference in your workflow - and save you tons of time in the process.
Windows 10's Maps and Mail apps were once deemed inadequate by many, but have recently grown into highly useful tools.
Goodbye, product key; hello, digital license. Learn more about the changes here.
Windows 10 growth slowed slightly last month but remained robust enough to push the nearly-one-year-old OS over the 21% share bar, according to new data from metrics vendor Net Applications.
Microsoft has fixed over 40 vulnerabilities in its products Tuesday, including critical ones in Windows, Internet Explorer, Edge, and Office.
Prominent Windows PC makers have made "egregious" omissions in the software updaters they bundle with notebooks that leave customers at risk from cyberattack.
Like many Windows 8 users, I spend most of my time using Desktop mode, which affords me a more Windows 7-like experience.
Reformatting and restoring a PC is not fun--in the way spending 2 hours in the dentist's chair is not fun. You have to back up all your data (and pray that you haven't forgotten anything), reformat the hard drive, install Windows, track down missing ...
With all the many compelling reasons for a company to switch to Linux on the desktop, it's no wonder that businesses large and small are increasingly relying on the free and open source operating system.
Keyboard shortcuts are wonderful time-savers but many of us are either too accustomed to the mouse or too lazy to get beyond Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V.
Maybe you didn't get the memo: Tomorrow marks the end of patches for Windows XP Service Pack 2 (SP2).
Three months of phone calls prove Windows scammers are more skilled at social engineering than you think
Latest Win10 update got you fuming? Here’s how to get your PC back on track
One of the key parts of Satya Nadella's keynote address to attendees at Microsoft's Build developer conference Wednesday was a discussion of creating virtual assistants and intelligent chat bots to help users do everything from managing their calenda...
Microsoft executives will take the stage at Moscone West in San Francisco on Wednesday for the first of two keynote addresses to the company's big Build developer conference. Here are five key things to expect from the next two days of Microsoft anno...
Microsoft has created a $43 billion business, a potential Apple-and-OEM-esque company-within-a-company, that could be used to take up the slack if some of its computer-making partners falter.
Videos about Windows
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Huawei Mate 9
Acer Swift 7
Lexar® Portable SSD
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Google Daydream VR headset
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Surface Pro 4
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- 2 ZTE Axon 7 review: Is ZTE dumping old stock on Australia?
- 3 Oppo R9s smartphone full review
- 4 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Alphabet's Waymo raises stakes in self-driving race with Uber lawsuit
- Stop using SHA1: It’s now completely unsafe
- Google's new AI aims to end abusive online comments using 'Perspective'
- Telefonica-Sigfox deal is a big win for diverse IoT networks
- This Asus ROG gaming laptop just dropped to $1,500 on Newegg
PCW Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCDesktop Engineer l WollongongNSW
- FTDynamics AX Functional Consultant (Sales & Marketing Modules)ACT
- CCProgram ManagerVIC
- CCProject Manager (Event Management)NSW
- TPGIS Developer - 6 month ContractQLD
- CCSenior Storage System Engineer - NetApp SpecialistNSW
- FTSenior Business AnalystSA
- CCSenior Mobile Application DeveloperNSW
- FTChange Manager - Large Transition ProjectNSW
- CCDesktop Engineer l WollongongNSW
- FTEnterprise Account ManagerNSW
- FTDynamics AX Functional Consultant (Manufacturing and Trade & Logistics Modules)VIC
- CCSenior Project Manager - Regulatory/Compliance - BankingNSW
- TPDrupal Developer - Immediate startQLD
- TPProject Coordinator/Junior Project ManagerVIC
- CCDeployment EngineerSA
- TPWinforms DevelopersWA
- CCTest AnalystWA
- FTDevops EngineerVIC
- TPSenior IT Business AnalystVIC
- TPIT Project Manager - Office relocationVIC
- FTPMO Specialist - PermanentACT
- FTFront End DeveloperQLD
- FTFull Stack DeveloperQLD
- TPBI Commercial AnalystVIC