There is no better keyboard travelling companion
A bigger screen, larger battery and higher resolution camera make the Lumia 640 a worthwhile upgrade
The most fleshed out Windows 8.1 Phone yet
Nokia's reclaim to fame
Sometimes it's better never than late.
Windows in pictures
Windows is full of niggling little irritations. These tools fix them.
ZenBook UX305 is a Windows Ultrabook that copies the MacBook Air’s look, but not its price.
From Cortana to the fancy new Start menu, you won't want to miss these Windows 10 features.
These small, yet obscure Windows tips and tricks can make a big difference in your workflow - and save you tons of time in the process.
Here are both ways of doing it.
Microsoft today opened the preview of its Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection to all enterprise IT professionals.
You may think there's free space in these hidden drive partitions, but think twice before messing with anything in these locations. We use a third-party disk utility to find out what's really in them.
Microsoft had planned to release a Windows 10 update to the company's beta testers today, but the build started showing up on some users' PCs late Tuesday.
Microsoft has confirmed that it's stopped letting business customers block the Windows Store in Windows 10 Pro, annoying some users.
Like many Windows 8 users, I spend most of my time using Desktop mode, which affords me a more Windows 7-like experience.
Reformatting and restoring a PC is not fun--in the way spending 2 hours in the dentist's chair is not fun. You have to back up all your data (and pray that you haven't forgotten anything), reformat the hard drive, install Windows, track down missing ...
With all the many compelling reasons for a company to switch to Linux on the desktop, it's no wonder that businesses large and small are increasingly relying on the free and open source operating system.
Keyboard shortcuts are wonderful time-savers but many of us are either too accustomed to the mouse or too lazy to get beyond Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V.
Maybe you didn't get the memo: Tomorrow marks the end of patches for Windows XP Service Pack 2 (SP2).
Latest Win10 update got you fuming? Here’s how to get your PC back on track
One of the key parts of Satya Nadella's keynote address to attendees at Microsoft's Build developer conference Wednesday was a discussion of creating virtual assistants and intelligent chat bots to help users do everything from managing their calenda...
Microsoft executives will take the stage at Moscone West in San Francisco on Wednesday for the first of two keynote addresses to the company's big Build developer conference. Here are five key things to expect from the next two days of Microsoft anno...
Microsoft has created a $43 billion business, a potential Apple-and-OEM-esque company-within-a-company, that could be used to take up the slack if some of its computer-making partners falter.
Lately I’ve been hearing the call of the Siren, luring me away from my camps at iOS and Android, towards the reimagined Windows 10 mobile.
Videos about Windows
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft kills off another chunk of its smartphone activities
- 11 Easy tips to keep yourself and your children safe online
- The Division review
- Need for Speed PC Review
- Digital vision must be led from the top-down
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCDigital Business Analyst (iOS & Android / Web Projects)NSW
- FTVMWare Infrastructure EngineerVIC
- CCPEGA Developer / ConfigurerACT
- CCSolution Architect (security domain)VIC
- FTPeopleSoft Finance Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCJava DeveloperACT
- FTProject Manager - Web ContentVIC
- CCSystem AdmimistratorQLD
- CCMicrosoft System Engineer - NV1ACT
- CCAccess Control Administration / Help desk OperatorACT
- CCNetwork Architect VoiceNSW
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Canberra | Major exciting White Paper projectsNSW
- CCSr. Windows Server Administrator- Financial Institution BckgNSW
- CCSolutions Architect - Enterprise ApplicationsNSW
- FTSenior Programmer (Data Engineering)NSW
- CCTechnical WriterNSW
- CCFront end and Full Stack DevelopersNSW
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Technical LeadACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (.NET C#/MS ASP .NET) 160526/AP/263Asia
- CCData Center ArchitectNSW
- FTSenior Developer (Full stack)SA
- CCTester Analyst - learn on the job!ACT
- FTQuality ManagerACT
- FTManaging Security ConsultantQLD
- CCContract Programmer (MS SQL Server/SQL/Web) 160518/P/626Asia