One of the key parts of Satya Nadella's keynote address to attendees at Microsoft's Build developer conference Wednesday was a discussion of creating virtual assistants and intelligent chat bots to help users do everything from managing their calenda...
Microsoft executives will take the stage at Moscone West in San Francisco on Wednesday for the first of two keynote addresses to the company's big Build developer conference. Here are five key things to expect from the next two days of Microsoft anno...
Microsoft has created a $43 billion business, a potential Apple-and-OEM-esque company-within-a-company, that could be used to take up the slack if some of its computer-making partners falter.
Lately I’ve been hearing the call of the Siren, luring me away from my camps at iOS and Android, towards the reimagined Windows 10 mobile.
Cortana, Microsoft's smart, snarky digital assistant, is one of the highlight features of Windows 10, imbuing the operating system with a sense of presence that never existed in previous versions of Windows. Cortana's natural language search capabili...
Finally, an operating system from Microsoft you can love.
Rejoice, Windows fans. Windows 10 is finally here and it's chock full of fancy new features like Cortana, Task View, windowed modern UI apps, and the return of the Start menu. But despite the excitement--and the free upgrade for Windows 7 and 8.1 use...
You've read the review, pored through the tips and how-tos, and have waited breathlessly for the day that you can download Windows 10.
Windows 10 is finally here, and Microsoft's latest, greatest operating system is chock full of tricks and tweaks that can enhance your experience--and tailor Windows to your personal needs. Here's a look at five of the most useful. (Pssst: Our massiv...
After the truly wretched Windows 8 and marginally less wretched Windows 8.1, Windows 10 comes as a breath of fresh air.
When Microsoft rolls out a new version of Windows, the company always likes to rearrange the furniture a little bit and put old features in new spots. If you're coming to Windows 10 from Windows 8.1, one such feature is the ability to mark a Wi-Fi co...
Did the PC market collapse because Windows 8 sucked, or did Windows 8 suck because Microsoft overcompensated for the PC market's collapse? It's a bit of a chicken-or-the-egg scenario, but one thing's certain: Windows 8 sucked.
Microsoft last week demonstrated how much of a black box a Windows 10 update may be to the millions of users expected to upgrade to the new operating system.
Microsoft's Keystone Kops-like revelation that Windows 10 testers would get a free copy of the OS -- yes, no, then yes, probably, but with strings -- may be confusing compared to Apple's approach to OS X, but reflects the much more complicated ecosys...
Microsoft has lost more than $1.2 billion so far on its Surface tablet business, an expensive experiment that makes tomorrow's revelations of new hardware an important milestone for the "devices" side of its corporate-refashioning strategy.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Kogan Mobile upgrades to 4G network
- Massive growth shows why Amazon is the public cloud leader
- AI looms large in Google's view of the future
- Samsung's Tizen 3.0 to take on Android and iOS starting in September
- OneNote gets easy video embedding and many more new features
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSenior Storage Systems EngineerACT
- FTDigital Account Manager - Online MediaNSW
- FTLevel 2 IT Field Systems Engineer/Administrator - Multiple opportunitiesNSW
- CCSr System AnalystACT
- FTSystem EngineerACT
- CCInteraction & Visual - Web DesignerNSW
- FTNetwork ConsultantNSW
- FTSenior Revenue Systems Functional AnalystSA
- CCWeb AdministratorACT
- CCServiceNow / SACM ConsultantNSW
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC
- CCHyperion ConsultantNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager, SoftwareNSW
- CCAdobe Experience Manager AEM / CQ5 DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystSA
- CCApplication Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCProcurement and Categroy SpecialistWA
- CCFront End Developer x 2QLD
- CCIT Program Delivery Office Lead- Government BackgroundNSW
- CCSales Development Executive - Software SolutionsNSW
- CCNetwork DesignerVIC
- CCSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCContract Contract Junior Programmer (JUD-16493-4)Asia
- CCBusiness Data AnalystVIC