Goodbye, product key; hello, digital license. Learn more about the changes here.
Windows 10 growth slowed slightly last month but remained robust enough to push the nearly-one-year-old OS over the 21% share bar, according to new data from metrics vendor Net Applications.
Microsoft has fixed over 40 vulnerabilities in its products Tuesday, including critical ones in Windows, Internet Explorer, Edge, and Office.
Prominent Windows PC makers have made "egregious" omissions in the software updaters they bundle with notebooks that leave customers at risk from cyberattack.
Windows Hello is Microsoft’s biometric security system for Windows 10 PCs but it requires special hardware. Japan's Mouse Computer will soon launch add-on sensors for any PC.
Just one month after Microsoft ceded the No. 1 browser spot to rival Google, Internet Explorer and Edge hemorrhaged users at an astounding rate.
A hacker is trying to sell a zero-day privilege escalation exploit that allegedly affects all Windows versions and bypasses all common exploit mitigations on a cybercrime forum.
Google's new app, available in the Chrome Web Store, lets you easily access files on a network server from within Chrome OS.
Here are both ways of doing it.
Microsoft today opened the preview of its Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection to all enterprise IT professionals.
You may think there's free space in these hidden drive partitions, but think twice before messing with anything in these locations. We use a third-party disk utility to find out what's really in them.
Microsoft had planned to release a Windows 10 update to the company's beta testers today, but the build started showing up on some users' PCs late Tuesday.
Microsoft has confirmed that it's stopped letting business customers block the Windows Store in Windows 10 Pro, annoying some users.
Whoops! Asus turns on Secure Boot for PCs that don’t support it, causing chaos.
Enterprises should have an easier time migrating from Windows 7 to Windows 10 than they did the last go-round when they left behind Windows XP, an analyst said, citing lessons both Microsoft and corporations learned.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's new Zo chatbot dodges politics, doesn't always make sense
- Privacy groups urge investigation of 'internet of toys'
- Facebook, Twitter, Microsoft and YouTube will share terror content info
- AT&T means business with a 5G trial at Intel
- How to password protect a PDF before sending it by email
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTJava Security SpecialistNSW
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- CCHadoop DeveloperVIC
- FTInfrastructure AnalystQLD
- CCJava DeveloperNSW
- FTProduct OwnerVIC
- FTLevel 2/3 Application Support SpecialistQLD
- CCSecurity SpecialistNSW
- CCIteration Manager / Scrum MasterNSW
- FTChange AnalystVIC
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC
- CCPerformance Test AnalystOther
- FTSecurity AdministratorVIC
- CCProduct Designer - UIACT
- FTSenior Business Analyst -permanent opportunityVIC
- TPProject CoordinatorNSW
- FTSolution Architect with end user (EUC) computing experienceNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Telco - Melbourne CBDVIC
- FTAngular DeveloperSA
- FTChange or Project Manager- Electrical Network EngineeringNSW
- CCUX DesignerNSW
- TPProject ManagerVIC
- CCLinux Systems Infra and Network EngineerSA
- FTLicensing SpecialistVIC
- FTProject Manager-accommodation strategy and ABW implementationVIC