Microsoft is investigating reports of an unpatched vulnerability in the Windows kernel that could be used by attackers to sidestep an important operating system security measure.
World of Warcraft waits for no one, least of all Deathwing, the skeletal dragon responsible for shattering the world of Azeroth, which, incidentally, happened last night.
Office 365: A revamped offering that combines the features of BPOS with Office 2010. From what we've seen of the Office 365 beta, it still has a long way to go before it can be considered a true turnkey solution for business.
Figuring out what's wrong with a balky computer takes a bit of detective work -- but with our advice, you can solve the mystery in no time at all.
Microsoft's CEO Steve Ballmer yesterday dismissed a call that he should do what the federal government failed to do more than 10 years ago: break up the company.
After over 10 years of active participation in the honeypot community, I was surprised not to have heard of MicroSolved's HoneyPoint Security Server before I started planning this roundup. HoneyPoint runs on Windows, Linux, and Mac OS X, and offers s...
Microsoft's top executive for Internet Explorer (IE) today dismissed browser speed trials as "at best, not very useful, and at worst, misleading."
Microsoft this week will launch Lync, the latest version of its unified communications and collaboration platform that, like competitive products, promises to change the way businesses do business by integrating a range of existing communications and...
An Australian coder has posted explanations and videos showing a way to access some private, unmanaged dynamic link libraries on his Samsung Windows Phone 7 handset, and the registry and file system. The announcement is sparking widespread speculatio...
Microsoft has issued tools that let enterprises block the distribution of Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (SP1) when the upgrade launches next year.
The HTC Trophy will be the first Windows Phone 7-based Verizon Wireless smartphone, according to several reports on the Web today.
Windows has come a long way since 1985. Where will it go next?
Microsoft today patched 11 vulnerabilities, including one in Office that hackers will quickly exploit to launch drive-by attacks, said security experts.
Reader Thomas is having a problem with his six-year-old Windows XP Professional system: When he plugs in a flash drive, Windows doesn't recognize it -- but other USB devices work just fine. Before I reveal the solution to this vexing problem, Thomas,...
Microsoft seems to be planning robust integrations between its online services and Windows 8, possibly including a cloud-based backup service, according to Microsoft job postings.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Shared malware code links SWIFT-related breaches at banks and North Korean hackers
- Senate proposal to require encryption workarounds may be dead
- Acer's Windows 10 Switch hybrids priced to battle Chromebooks
- Seagate 8TB NAS drive: Review
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CC12 months + 2x12 months | $80/hr | NV1 Project Manager | Large govt departmentACT
- CCBI/Information/Data/Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTTechnical Specialist EmailACT
- CCSenior IT Security Specialist-SANS, ISC2, ISACA, ITILNSW
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Major exciting White Paper projectsACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle) 160520/AP/985Asia
- FTPeoplesoft CRM DeveloperWA
- CCSenior Oracle Functional ConsultantSA
- CCChange Manager - SAP FinanceNSW
- CCSAP Hanna ConsultantNSW
- FTWeb & Mobile Solutions DeveloperNSW
- FTAX Lead Technical ConsultantNSW
- CCSoftware Engineer (Client facing) - Publisher SolutionsNSW
- FTGeospatial Support AnalystQLD
- CCMessaging Engineer - BAU SupportNSW
- CCMicrosoft System Engineer - NV1ACT
- CCApplication Server AdminACT
- FTPerformance Test AnalystNSW
- CCNetwork Architect VoiceNSW
- CCSenior DevOps EngineerACT
- CCSenior Project ManagerVIC
- FTProject Manager - Web ContentVIC
- FTManager, Applications SpecialistNSW
- CCScrum MasterACT
- CCQA OfficerACT