I am a brave man. I just want to put that out there. Why brave? Because, for no reason other than the sheer testes-shriveling terror of it, I decided to upgrade the operating systems on both my laptop and my smartphone at the same time.
A Microsoft executive's self-described job of driving Internet Explorer 6 (IE6) into extinction will be difficult unless he can move Chinese users off the aged browser.
People who don't work with files on a regular basis have a devil of a time remembering the keyboard shortcut for selecting multiple files. (You hold down the Ctrl key while clicking each individual file.)
For the past week-plus I've taught you a few basic things about Windows Explorer. It's a pretty important tool, and I hope you've found the lessons helpful.
Hewlett-Packard on Thursday said it will bring strong multimedia and entertainment applications to WebOS by moving the MediaServer team into its Palm business unit.
Hewlett-Packard has dropped plans to offer Microsoft's next version of Windows Home Server OS, code-named Vail, in its products, after retiring a line of servers carrying the current version of the OS, Microsoft said on Tuesday.
If you've ever paid attention to the market share statistics for desktop operating systems you probably know that Linux is most frequently pegged at about one per cent.
Microsoft is investigating reports of an unpatched vulnerability in the Windows kernel that could be used by attackers to sidestep an important operating system security measure.
World of Warcraft waits for no one, least of all Deathwing, the skeletal dragon responsible for shattering the world of Azeroth, which, incidentally, happened last night.
Office 365: A revamped offering that combines the features of BPOS with Office 2010. From what we've seen of the Office 365 beta, it still has a long way to go before it can be considered a true turnkey solution for business.
Figuring out what's wrong with a balky computer takes a bit of detective work -- but with our advice, you can solve the mystery in no time at all.
Microsoft's CEO Steve Ballmer yesterday dismissed a call that he should do what the federal government failed to do more than 10 years ago: break up the company.
After over 10 years of active participation in the honeypot community, I was surprised not to have heard of MicroSolved's HoneyPoint Security Server before I started planning this roundup. HoneyPoint runs on Windows, Linux, and Mac OS X, and offers s...
Microsoft's top executive for Internet Explorer (IE) today dismissed browser speed trials as "at best, not very useful, and at worst, misleading."
Microsoft this week will launch Lync, the latest version of its unified communications and collaboration platform that, like competitive products, promises to change the way businesses do business by integrating a range of existing communications and...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Devices with Qualcomm modems safe from critical ASN.1 telecom flaw
- Mobile OS once considered dead comes back to life in Indian smartphone
- Yahoo abandons fight, sells internet business to Verizon for $4.8B
- Cut the carbon footprint of your business by outsourcing your data centre management
- Frazzled or burnt out? You need downtime but where do you find it?
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCLead DevOps ConsultantVIC
- FTSoftware Tester | Innovation | Business FacingNSW
- CCTest ManagerNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Logistic and TransportVIC
- CCSenior Process Analyst - Sydney CBDNSW
- CCSQL DeveloperNSW
- CCTest Manager - Baseline SecurityVIC
- CCApplication Service TechnicianVIC
- CCSenior Change ManagerVIC
- FT1st Level IT Support - Microsoft EnvironmentNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst (ERP)NSW
- CCChange CoordinatorNSW
- FTSenior Architect, Marketing and Campaign ManagementNSW
- CCCommunication LeadVIC
- CCBPM Solution ArchitectVIC
- FTProduct OwnerNSW
- CCEnvironment Support AnalystQLD
- CCSales Support Associate - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCSolution Architect - Supply ChainNSW
- CCOrganisational Change ManagerVIC
- FTApplication Support AnalystSA
- CCNetwork DesignerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/Oracle) 160801/AP/258Asia
- CCHelpdesk OfficersNSW