Most everyone who's had some experience with free open source software has learned about the OpenOffice.org suite of productivity programs: a word processor, spreadsheet, presentation, database, and drawing tool that provide a good deal of the functi...
A call by financial firm Goldman Sachs for Microsoft to spin off its Xbox video game line doesn't make sense, an analyst countered today.
Microsoft will debut three new smartphones that carry its revamped Windows Phone 7 operating system on Oct. 11, offering them on wireless carrier AT&T a month later, according to the Wall Street Journal.
The quick start of Internet Explorer 9's beta last month wasn't enough to prevent Microsoft's browser from again losing share to rivals from Google and Apple, a Web measurement firm said today.
Stuxnet's inability to stay stealthy may be fall-out from a failure to hit its intended targets last year, security researchers said today.
Microsoft's Windows Live Essentials 2011, is ready for prime time. Microsoft announced Thursday it's consumer focused suite of free applications, has moved from testing mode (beta) to the final release. The productivity suite is Microsoft's flagship ...
Security researchers today offered another tantalizing clue about the possible origins of the notorious Stuxnet worm, but cautioned against reading too much from the obscure tea leaves.
Users of Microsoft's Internet Explorer (IE) are more vulnerable to rogue DLL attacks than people who use rival browsers such as Mozilla's Firefox or Google's Chrome, a security researcher said today.
Microsoft today released its latest emergency patch to its Windows Update distribution service, making good on a promise earlier this week.
Microsoft may be one of the only remaining mobile operating-system providers that charges handset makers a licensing fee, but in exchange vendors get at least one important benefit: protection from intellectual property worries.
Microsoft has made another case for upgrading to Windows 7: The company has released the latest version of its free downloadable collection of software and enhancements for the consumer editions of Windows.
There's never a dull moment in the land of Linux, and recent weeks have been no exception. Since no outlet can hope to give full coverage to every development that occurs, here's a roundup of some of the key events.
As promised, Microsoft today delivered an emergency patch for a Windows Web server flaw that is being actively exploited by hackers.
Never mind their awkward relaunch publicity stunt, retro-gaming site Good Old Games saved the really important stuff for today: You can finally buy and play Planescape: Torment, the old Advanced Dungeons & Dragons computer roleplaying game everyone's...
When it comes to iOS downgrading, most people talk about reverting to an older version of the operating system, like going from iOS 4 back to 3.2. The guy who posted this video to YouTube clearly has an entirely different definition.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Google Nexus 6P review: An outstanding multimedia machine
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Modular cellphone kit can be used for IoT and wearables
- Now that AI has mastered 'Go,' are all our jobs next?
- Make a $40 Linux or Android PC with new Raspberry Pi 2 rival
- Researcher finds serious flaw in Chromium-based Avast SafeZone browser
- Dridex banking malware mysteriously hijacked to distribute antivirus program
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCLync/Skype EngineerNSW
- CCEnterprise Architect - Network & InfrastructureNSW
- CCSenior Agile Business AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Life InsuranceVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst - BaselineACT
- FTHelpdesk support - Level 1VIC
- CCHybris Developer - Global ConsultancyNSW
- FTProject ManagerVIC
- FTApplication Support AnalystVIC
- FTBusiness Analyst / Scrum MasterNSW
- CCPega BPM Developer / Configurer - 12 months contractACT
- CCIT Service Desk (32 hour week)WA
- FTUI DeveloperNSW
- CCProject Manager & Coordination OfficerACT
- CCProject ManagerSA
- FTInsight / Customer - Data ScientistNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst AGILENSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCSenior Change Analyst - Multiple RolesVIC
- CCPython Web Developer - DevOPS EnvironmentVIC
- CCWeb Content WriterSA
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Enterprise Software SolutionNSW
- FTBusiness Intelligence AnalystVIC
- FTJunior Project Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT