Windows 10 inched closer to its public release Thursday when Microsoft released build 10166 of its upcoming operating system to early adopters in the Windows Insider Program.
It has been quite a week for Windows 10. In the past four days, Microsoft has released three preview builds of its upcoming operating system, and the company plans to keep serving up hot new bits to testers in rapid-fire style in the run-up to the OS...
Microsoft has confirmed that it would roll out the free upgrades to Windows 10 later this month in several "waves," with beta testers getting first dibs on the OS.
Microsoft gave early testers of Windows 10 a little surprise in the run-up to the Fourth of July holiday in the U.S. by releasing a yet another new build of its upcoming operating system to the public.
With the launch of Windows 10, anyone who walks into your house and gets your Wi-Fi password for their PC could potentially let all their friends onto your network, thanks to a new feature that has ignited controversy online.
Microsoft has added a handful of image- and photography-related features in a new version of the Windows 10 SDK. It, along with the OS itself, will become generally available at the end of the month.
Microsoft surprised testers of Windows 10 on Tuesday by launching another build of its forthcoming operating system just a day after the last update.
Microsoft is hurtling towards the release of Windows 10, delivering a new build to early testers that provides more clues what the OS will look like when it ships at the end of next month.
Owners of Samsung PCs will begin receiving automatic software updates from Microsoft again soon, after Samsung said it will end its practice of blocking automatic Windows Updates on its computers.
Lenovo's design chief has come up with a wacky idea for the ThinkPad--so wacky, it just might work.
If you're looking for an exhaustive hands on of Windows 10 Mobile build 10149, this isn't it. I spent most of Thursday afternoon trying to install it on two phones--managing to put one into an unresponsive state, and breaking Wi-Fi on the other. Inst...
The U.S. Navy is paying Microsoft millions of dollars to keep up to 100,000 computers afloat because it has yet to transition away from Windows XP.
Microsoft gave users a new glimpse at how their feedback is being used to shape Windows 10 as the company closes in on its first consumer release of the new operating system.
Members of the Windows Insider Program's Slow ring got access to the most recent publicly-available build of Microsoft's upcoming operating system Friday morning.
A critical vulnerability affecting most Apple Mac models has been discovered that could enable attackers to overwrite firmware and gain persistent root access to computers.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Medical device security ignites an ethics firestorm
- Got big data? Check out these 100 best practices for keeping it secure
- Mozilla launches free website security scanning service
- Privacy Shield data transfer agreement now shelters 200 companies
- Dropbox prompts certain users to change their passwords
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCIT Program Manager - TelecommunicationsNSW
- FTSenior IoT / M2M .Net DeveloperVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Internet/ Intranet) 160902/SA/222Asia
- CCJava / J2ee ProgrammersACT
- FTIT Infrastructure EngineerSA
- CCAnalyst Programmer/Snr. Analyst Programmer 20160817/vedAsia
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net DeveloperNSW
- CCProject Manager- Radio CommunicationsVIC
- FTOrchestration Engineer - DevOps - PuppetVIC
- CCSenior IT Project SpecialistVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JBoss/J2EE/SQL) 160830/AP/193Asia
- CCCustomer Service SpecialistVIC
- CCData Migration SpecialistSA
- CCInfrastructure Deployment ManagerVIC
- CCSenior IT Assistant (Office Automation/PC LAN) 160817/SITA/902Asia
- CCSAP ArchitectSA
- CCMurex Developers x 2NSW
- FTPrincipal Business Consultant- Wealth ManagementNSW
- CCData Centre Solutions Architect - Red Hat, Wintel & VMwareACT
- CCSenior Process Analyst - WealthVIC
- CCService Desk Consultant_Level 1ACT
- FTSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCInfrastructure Project Manager (12-month renewable contract)Asia
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Data Management/Web) 160818/SA/602Asia