Even though Verizon Wireless claims its fast LTE network is "up and running" following an April 26 outage, it's still not working for some customers, including 50 Chicago-based users of laptops with LTE modems.
Verizon Wireless said its 4G LTE network was "up and running" at 11 a.m. Eastern time on Thursday, following a nationwide outage that began late Tuesday.
Apple on Thursday called independent tests by Blaze Software that showed the Android-based Nexus S smartphone browsed the Web 52% faster than the iPhone 4 to be "flawed."
Apple CEO Steve Jobs today took a San Francisco stage to introduce his company's newest iPad.
Verizon Wireless said today that it will use Tektronix Communications' Iris software to support network monitoring of the Verizon LTE network, which is now in the early stages of being rolled out.
BARCELONA -- AT&T Chairman Randall Stephenson today prodded carriers, manufacturers and regulators around the globe to create openness and interoperability in mobile devices, platforms and networks in a keynote address at the Mobile World Congres...
Vodafone, with 28 million cellular customers in Egypt, and France Telecom restored mobile voice services there on Saturday, one day after service stopped because the government demanded the cut-off, Vodafone said on its Web site.
Apple and News Corp. will launch the latter's The Daily iPad-only newspaper next week in New York, according to invitations sent to members of the press.
All iPhones will reportedly have the Personal Hotspot capability similar to what Verizon Wireless announced Tuesday for its iPhone coming Feb. 10.
Google today said it will sponsor free Wi-Fi on three major U.S. airlines during the last six weeks of the year to promote its Chrome browser.
The first day the iPad went on sale in April, half the financial analysts and executives at securities brokerage Baron Funds in Manhattan lined up and bought their own -- and then immediately wanted to use them at work.
Research in Motion today called reports that Amazon.com has cut the price of RIM's new BlackBerry Torch 9800 smartphone to $US99.99 "inaccurate and misleading."
Telstra's prepaid Next G customers will receive a welcome boost to their monthly data usage after the company announced data allowance changes to its mobile broadband plans.
Telstra has announced new wireless broadband plans with higher data allowances and the end of excess usage charges. The new BigPond plans will be available from 18 January.
Telstra yesterday launched the BigPond Elite Network Gateway, which is claimed to be the fastest device of its type in Australia.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- China goes after unauthorized VPN access from local ISPs
- All new Chromebooks will get Android app support
- The Asus Tinker Board is a powerful Raspberry Pi rival that plays 4K video
- Hugo Barra quits Chinese phone maker Xiaomi to return to Silicon Valley
- Torment: Tides of Numenera preview: This is the bizarre follow-up Planescape deserves
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCCloud Solution Architect - Financial Services - Continuous IntegrationNSW
- CCIT Risk Specialist (Assurance) - TelcoVIC
- FT.NET CMS DeveloperWA
- TPProject CoordintorVIC
- FTConsulting Solution/Integration ArchitectVIC
- FTLife/400 Technical Business AnalystNSW
- FTTrading Systems EngineerNSW
- CCData Modeller and Business Analyst - Integration ProjectQLD
- CCBig Data Developer - Government - 12 Month Contract - SydneyNSW
- CCMicrosoft Active Directory ArchitectACT
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- FTWeb Front- End DeveloperSA
- FTInformation / Data Quality AnalystNSW
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- CCCapacity and Performance Analyst - Mainframe - Z SystemsVIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystSA
- TPWeb DeveloperSA
- TPIDAM ArchitectVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst Finance & LendingQLD
- CCProject/ Operational CoordinatorNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst Finance & Lending - Brisbane Based RoleVIC
- FTManager - Field ServicesVIC
- CCSenior Full-stack .Net DeveloperNSW
- CCPerformance AnalystVIC
- FTFunctional ConsultantNSW