The Australian Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organization (CSIRO) is suing three of the largest U.S. mobile operators, charging they infringed a patent by selling wireless LAN products.
Wireless LAN vendor Meru Networks reported Tuesday its initial first-quarter results as a publicly traded company. It posted strong revenue growth, but not enough to overcome a net loss.
Apple appears to have tweaked its iPhone to support a Chinese security protocol for wireless networks, as companies increasingly adopt Chinese government-backed technologies to break into the country's huge market.
The IEEE 802.11n standard is likely to be approved in September, making the high-speed wireless LAN technology official after about seven years of wrangling and refinement.
US military personnel at Joint Base Balad in Iraq are receiving wireless Internet connections on a subscription basis via a satellite uplink and a ruggedized wireless LAN.
One thing you should know about me: I'm no fan of Windows Vista. Some things about it just annoy me to death, like the unnecessary overhaul of certain interface elements. That said, Vista has a few features I positively love, starting with connection...
Thirty years have passed since the Internet Protocol was first described in a series of technical documents written by early experimenters. Since then, countless engineers have created systems and applications that rely on IP as the communications li...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Shared malware code links SWIFT-related breaches at banks and North Korean hackers
- Senate proposal to require encryption workarounds may be dead
- Acer's Windows 10 Switch hybrids priced to battle Chromebooks
- Seagate 8TB NAS drive: Review
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTService Desk AnaylstNSW
- FTGeospatial Support AnalystQLD
- CCBPM / Java DeveloperNSW
- CCProject Specialist Continuity AutomationVIC
- CCNetwork Access Specialist - Telecommunications (Apply now)!!NSW
- CCSenior Portfolio Analyst - Risk and MetricsNSW
- CCBig Data DeveloperWA
- CCRelease Manager, InfrastructureNSW
- FTBI / Business Intelligence Designer / ArchitectNSW
- CCMS SCOM AdministratorVIC
- FTBusiness AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Programmer (Data Engineering)NSW
- CCChange manager/Change LeadNSW
- FTAgile CoachNSW
- CCFront end and Full Stack DevelopersNSW
- CCDevOps Software Configuration ManagerACT
- CCTest Analyst / Test LeadNSW
- CCSenior Systems AnalystSA
- CCSenior IT Security Specialist-SANS, ISC2, ISACA, ITILNSW
- FTTechnical WriterACT
- CCSolutions Architect - Enterprise ApplicationsNSW
- CCEnd to End Project Manager - PMO and GovernanceVIC
- CCSenior Process AnalystVIC
- FTPerformance Test AnalystNSW
- FTOPEN _ ASAP_Technical Specialist COEACT