The Australian Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organization (CSIRO) is suing three of the largest U.S. mobile operators, charging they infringed a patent by selling wireless LAN products.
Wireless LAN vendor Meru Networks reported Tuesday its initial first-quarter results as a publicly traded company. It posted strong revenue growth, but not enough to overcome a net loss.
Apple appears to have tweaked its iPhone to support a Chinese security protocol for wireless networks, as companies increasingly adopt Chinese government-backed technologies to break into the country's huge market.
The IEEE 802.11n standard is likely to be approved in September, making the high-speed wireless LAN technology official after about seven years of wrangling and refinement.
US military personnel at Joint Base Balad in Iraq are receiving wireless Internet connections on a subscription basis via a satellite uplink and a ruggedized wireless LAN.
The upcoming 802.11v standard will lower power consumption in wireless LANs, according to Matthew Gast, principal engineer at Trapeze Networks.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel, Microsoft going long distance with Cortana on Windows 10 PCs
- Obama orders review of election hacks as Trump doubts Russia's role
- Ransomware attacks against businesses increased threefold in 2016
- Attackers use hacked home routers to hit Russia's 5 largest banks
- US mulls rules for airlines that plan in-flight Wi-Fi voice calls
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTJava DeveloperSA
- CCUnix Developers - multipleACT
- CCExecutive AssistantVIC
- CCSolutions Designer/Architect- ServiceNowVIC
- CCTest EngineerQLD
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC
- TPProject Manager - Documentation RebrandQLD
- FT2 x Firewall Engineer - Permanent - IT Services - SydneyNSW
- CCWeb AnalystNSW
- CCAEM DeveloperVIC
- FTService Lifecycle RepresentativeQLD
- FTSenior Architect, Financial MarketsNSW
- FT2nd Line Engineer - CitrixVIC
- CCPerformance Test AnalystACT
- FTSenior Financial Planner - GeelongVIC
- CCDevOps EngineerWA
- FTSAP BW ConsultantACT
- CCIAM Technical Specialist/ConsultantWA
- CCApplication Blueprinting Engineer ( Developer).ACT
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD
- FTSecurity Delivery Manager l Security, Governance, Delivery & OperationNSW
- CCAdobe AEM DeveloperVIC
- FTInfrastructure ConsultantQLD
- CCAutomation TesterNSW