Microsoft announced a broader release of the latest build of its Windows Phone 7 mobile operating system, and it's getting good reviews from developers. The company also says it started shipping thousands of prototype handsets to software developers ...
Wireless & Mobile
Apple announced several measures Friday to keep iPhone 4 users "happy" and to turn the controversy over the smartphone's occasional reception issues into a "non-issue." Again.
Although Motorola's brand new Droid X smartphone and the original Droid bear similar names, they are very different devices.
Warnings by Apple's top antenna expert that the iPhone 4 design could clobber signal strength and lead to dropped calls were ignored by the company's top executives, according to a Bloomberg News story today.
More consumers will be buying a smartphone in the next three months than ever before. And the big winner, by a big margin, is the super-achieving Apple iPhone.
If I buy an iPhone 4, am I going to have big radio frequency reception problems?
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Toshiba considers spinning off its memory business
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- WikiLeaks’ Assange confident of winning 'any fair trial' in the US
- FTC charges Qualcomm with anticompetitive chip tactics
- Can a DDoS attack on Whitehouse.gov be a valid protest?
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- FTBusiness Development ManagerVIC
- FTPERMANENT Business AnalystsACT
- CCData Migration Lead - SAPNSW
- CCTest Automation ArchitectQLD
- TPPMO SchedulerNSW
- FTSenior Systems AdministratorWA
- FTSenior Project Manager - Permanent OpportunityNSW
- CCSenior Developer - Appian/PegaVIC
- CCSenior Solution ArchitectVIC
- CCEnterprise Solution Architect - Customer Experience PlatformsNSW
- CCWebMethod DeveloperNSW
- FTTest Analyst - HealthcareVIC
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- FTMedia Architect/LeadNSW
- CCProject Manager l Business Focused l Telco Activations - Pennant Hills locationNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - ITMSP - Melbourne CBDVIC
- FTEnterprise Sales ManagerNSW
- FTIT Field EngineerNSW
- CCSenior C++ Software EngineerWA
- CCTester (6 month contract) FinanceNSW
- CCBiztalk DeveloperACT
- TPLevel 3 Systems EngineerWA
- TPAEM DeveloperNSW
- FTLevel 2 Help Desk SupportQLD