In a perfect world, wireless carriers would respond to the discovery of Carrier IQ with straight answers.
Wireless networks aren't just a convenience anymore; they've become an essential part of business culture. It's nearly impossible to walk into a workplace that doesn't use Wi-Fi in some fashion. For the millions of portable wireless devices--from tra...
Google's putting a quick patch on an Android security flaw that could leak contacts and calendar data through open Wi-Fi networks.
Apple released yet another update to iOS this week. iOS 4.3.2 is the second incremental update for iOS in a matter of weeks following the launch of iOS 4.3. Like any incremental update, iOS 4.3.2. contains its share of minor tweaks and fixes, but iOS...
A recently-discovered vulnerability in Skype's Android app could allow malicious apps access to your personal data. Here's what you need to know about this flaw and how to protect yourself.
Apparently, NSS Labs struck a nerve. NSS Labs revealed that almost all of the firewalls it tested for a recent report are susceptible to crash or compromise using common attacks. The firewall vendors in question, though, beg to differ and take except...
The firewall is the line of defense separating the internal network or endpoint PC from all of the malicious bad stuff "out there". A new report from <a href="http://www.nsslabs.com/">NSS Labs</a>, though, finds that a majority of network firewalls a...
The Electronic Frontier Foundation has published research showing that the SSL certificate system that underpins Web security is far from trustworthy.
Early Tuesday morning Norton announced results of a Strategy One survey conducted last September that suggest one in three U.S. citizens have had their cell phones lost or stolen.
Android-based smartphones are more vulnerable to attacks by hackers and electronic viruses than the iPhone, according to the chairman of the world's largest provider of security software for corporate servers.
Whew! Is it just me, or is it getting tough to keep track of all the info spilled via this week's massive Gawker hack?
You back up data on your computer in case it crashes, and you might install LoJack on your car to help recover it in case someone steals it -- so why shouldn't you protect your Android phone? Most people carry a lot of sensitive data on their phones....
Google has begun testing an intriguing plugin for Microsoft Office. Google Cloud Connect is a devastatingly simple concept: rather than save your files to your computer's hard disk, it allows you to save them to your online Google Docs space.
Grab your hoverboards, gang: The next generation of Android phones is on the way, and it's going to feel a bit like something out of Back to the Future II.
Dell dumped RIM's BlackBerry as its business smartphone and announced that it would be supplying 25,000 of its employees with the Windows 7-powered Dell Venue Pro. The move is yet more gloom for RIM that has already been having a stinker of a bad yea...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Lightning strikes Outlook in latest Salesforce-Microsoft integration
- Backblaze wants to eliminate tape-based storage
- FBI expansion of surveillance powers meets obstacle
- Review: Periscope users rejoice with Feiyu’s G4 Plus 3-Axis Gimbal for Smartphone video
- Tensions rise over LTE using Wi-Fi channels
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- FTContract System SpecialistAsia
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- CCSharePoint Consultant - Office 365NSW
- CCLead UX DesignerNSW
- FTJunior Web DeveloperSA
- FTSenior Architect, TechnologyNSW
- CCData ArchitectSA
- CCSystems Engineer | Defence intelligence projects | NV2 clearanceACT
- CCSharepoint ConsultantQLD
- CCDynamics CRM DeveloperNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- FTContent Manager - Migration projectNSW
- CCServiceNow DeveloperVIC
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCService Desk ConsultantVIC
- CCIT Assistant (Lotus Notes/Technical Support) 160616/ITA/991Asia
- CCWindows 2003-2012 R2 Active Directory Consultant/ManagerNSW
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160621/P/866Asia
- FTSystems EngineerNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - BPRNSW
- FTIT Project ManagerAsia
- CCSolution Architect / Designer - Cyber SecurityNSW
- CCMidrange Technical ArchitectQLD
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW