A coming boom in connected sensors and devices will drive mobile networks into distributed computing, the president of Bell Labs says
Wireless charging is starting to make headlines, with companies like Samsung pushing the technology in its Galaxy line of smartphones. But did you know wireless charging goes back as far as the early 1900s?
A new feature of Wi-Fi could help people find both each other and things nearby, without even being near a hotspot.
With the launch of Windows 10, anyone who walks into your house and gets your Wi-Fi password for their PC could potentially let all their friends onto your network, thanks to a new feature that has ignited controversy online.
Wi-Fi aggregator Fon is continuing its mission to cover the world with shared broadband Internet connections, with recent deals giving it a boost. But the U.S. market continues to elude the company.
The newly-announced alliance between Juniper Networks and Ruckus Wireless underscores the importance of Wi-Fi in enterprises, where employees increasingly work and access cloud applications on mobile devices.
What happens if you combine the best of Wi-Fi and cellular networks? In South Korea, consumers get gigabit-speed service to their phones.
As if the all the controversy over LTE networks crowding out Wi-Fi isn't enough, a new technology in the works at Qualcomm Research might allow a lot more people to set them up.
Networking giant, Cisco, has released its Visual Networking Index (VNI) for 2014.
The new world of Wi-Fi is a bit like the proverbial airplane being built in mid-air: Unless you really need to enter the new world of LANs right now, it might make sense to hold off. A case in point is the first 802.11ac Wave 2 access point from Cisc...
Chipsets that power equipment capable of smoothly moving 4K video streams inside homes over wireless and wired networks were on display at the Computex trade show.
Wi-Fi in your home or office could get a big speed boost by the end of this year with Qualcomm's newest chip, which reaches new highs in data transfer speeds.
Wireless hotspots that can deliver hundreds of megabits per second in real-world bandwidth will become more common as operators increase their investments in Wi-Fi networks.
A way to let cellular operators share Wi-Fi frequencies without jamming up Internet service is now in the spotlight at the U.S. Federal Communications Commission.
Most of us have had the experience of being unable to connect to a Wi-Fi network in a location with lots of people. A technology that promises to alleviate that problem is, however, slowly but surely making headway.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Apple hires mobile encryption pioneer amid encryption debate
- HPE is spinning out its huge services business and merging it with CSC
- Tech woes hamper jury in Oracle case aginst Google
- Cisco's Meraki spreads its cloud to voice
- Datameer gets an overhaul to make big-data analytics easier
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- CCContract Computer Operator (UNIX/Windows-based) 1610524/CCO/vmtAsia
- FTInfrastructure Specialist VMwareNSW
- CCBI/Information/Data/Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle) 160520/AP/985Asia
- FTSenior Programmer (Data Engineering)NSW
- FTSOE SpecialistACT
- CCProject Manager - Healthcare DomainSA
- FTStorage SpecialistVIC
- CCTechnical WriterNSW
- FTCloud ArchitectAsia
- CCLMS Administrator and e- Learning Development Project OfficerSA
- CCSenior IT Tester / Telecommunications (Urgent)NSW
- FTSharepoint Developer - O365NSW
- FTAX Lead Technical ConsultantNSW
- CCDelivery Manager - Integration SpaceVIC
- CCSAP Project ManagersNSW
- FTFunctional Business AnalystNSW
- CCProject CoordinatorACT
- CCContract Programmer (MS SQL Server/SQL/Web) 160518/P/626Asia
- CCProject SpecialistVIC
- FTFront End DeveloperACT
- FTNV1, NV2 Network Engineers | Permanent role with diverse Defence projectsACT
- CCSystems Engineer - NV2ACT
- FTOPEN _ ASAP_Technical Specialist COEACT