The latest twist in the debate over in-flight calling might allow users of some Internet-based services to do voice and video chats immediately on some airliners.
A security researcher has released software and technical instructions for modifying a drone so that it can identify and hijack other drones.
Google and Facebook have joined the Dynamic Spectrum Alliance, an international group advocating access to unused spectrum for broadband networks based on so-called "white spaces" technology.
With its new-found focus on IP networking and fast broadband access, Alcatel-Lucent is poised to take advantage of a worldwide explosion in mobile devices and the rush of service providers and operators to the cloud, company executives said at the ne...
Karma, the startup that offers pay-as-you-go mobile data through a portable Wi-Fi hotspot, will catch up with the 4G world next year by moving to LTE.
A high-frequency supplement to Wi-Fi that's several times faster than most of what's available now appears headed for enterprises through a partnership between Cisco Systems and a specialist in the technology.
The equipment is big and expensive, with the research costs at almost US$500,000. But by just using retail components, Chinese professor Chi Nan has built her own Li-Fi wireless system that can use LED lights to send and receive Internet data.
As Microsoft prepares to release a major upgrade to its Windows Phone operating system, to version 8.1, some third party software makers are unsure whether smartphones running Windows Phone 8.0 will run the new OS.
Nine million new iPhone buyers can't be right. They should have waited until January or June or September 2014 for the big-screened iPhone 6.
A month after its release, iOS 7 is running on almost three-quarters of active iPhones, iPod touches, and iPads. But its adoption is still somewhat slower than that of iOS 6.
Microsoft's new update for Windows Phone 8 added support for larger phones and higher-resolution screens, a move analysts hoped would soon put the operating system onto small-sized tablets, a market Microsoft and its OEM partners have largely ignored...
Troubled BlackBerry started the smartphone marathon race ahead of the pack years ago, but has fallen well behind as it faces 4,500 worker layoffs, a $1 billion write-off for unsold smartphones and the likelihood of being sold off in parts.
It appears that Amazon will eventually produce a smartphone -- the question is not if, but when.
Samsung will reportedly announce its next-generation Galaxy S5 smartphone in January -- two months sooner than expected -- because of poor sales of the Galaxy S4.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Medion Akoya E4110 (MD 8239) desktop PC
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Tab S (10.5) 4G review
- 3 Kogan Agora 4G review
- 4 Motorola Moto E review
- 5 OnePlus One: An Australian review
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Retired US airport body scanners fail to spot guns, knives
- WD celebrates 10-year anniversary of My Passport with sleeker, more stylish models
- Seagate goes after small business market with new NAS devices
- Analysis of tweets around Ferguson shows Twitter's quick grip on the news
- The UPS Store says malware found on systems of 51 stores
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTMarketing Communications Executive - B2BNSW
- FTChief Information OfficerNSW
- FTInformation Services ManagerNZ
- FTMachine Learning | JAVA | San Fran based global Company | SydneyNSW
- CCL2 Technical Support Engineer - RightFax/MessagingVIC
- FTAccount Manager Programmatic Trading DeskNSW
- FTSearch Account ManagerNSW