Apple's iOS 4.3, the firmware update due this week for the iPhone and iPad, promises a handful of valuable and interesting changes for users of the company's new and old smartphones, tablet computers and music devices.
Google's Android mobile OS surpassed RIM's BlackBerry OS globally and in the United States for the first time last month, with the Google smartphone and tablet software nearly tripling its worldwide market share to 15.2 per cent over the past 12 mont...
Android has a lot going for it, but as the last week has shown its approach to selling and distributing applications is going to need some improvement. Ever since launching Android in 2007, Google has gone out of its way to making the mobile operatin...
You grab your Android smartphone, ready to play or friend or stream or navigate or tweet or something and suddenly you're gripped by a consuming anxiety: will this push me over my monthly data plan limit? Or maybe you just want to know which of my ap...
Apple's new iPad 2 tablet computer will only strengthen the company's grip in one market that isn't even a priority for it: the enterprise. And that leaves IT groups still struggling with how to manage and secure a wildly popular mobile device.
Five start-ups unveiled services for building mobile applications and Web services this week at DEMO Spring 2011, bringing application development capabilities to the masses - or, at least, to people who lack traditional programming and mobile develo...
The Google Android Market for apps is supposed to be an apps showplace, but the fact that Google this week yanked down about 50 Android apps it found out were malicious came as something of a jolt to many in the security industry.
If the launch of Apple's iPad 2 tablet computer was expected today, the appearance onstage of ailing CEO Steve Jobs was not. And it set the tone for the entire event: he was welcomed by a standing ovation.
The success of Apple's iPad tablet last year sent its competitors scrambling to come up with similar products, including the BlackBerry PlayBook, the Motorola Xoom and the Samsung Galaxy Tab.
RIM has been talking up its PlayBook tablet for months, but has been coy about when the latest Apple iPad killer will ship and what it will cost. Speculation heated up Wednesday, on the same day that Apple is expected to make big iPad news, that Apri...
One evaluation of how well the browser on Motorola's spiffy new Xoom tablet supports HTML5 and other modern Web standards reaches a disappointing conclusion.
Extreme Networks is going mobile. The company today wheeled out a roadmap that will steer the company's product line toward mobile device and application access, availability and management support.
Despite the fact that his company specializes in designing device hardware, Motorola CEO Sanjay Jha thinks the tablet market's future is largely out of his hands.
Sprint Monday debuted a host of smartphone security services as part of its Total Equipment Protection package.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Indian minister holds out hope for Apple stores
- Move over Skylake: An Asus PC with Intel's Kaby Lake chip is coming in Q3
- Nvidia chief downplays challenge from Google’s AI chip
- Flaw in popular WordPress plug-in Jetpack puts over a million websites at risk
- Asus unveils Zenbo, a cute robot for the home priced at $599
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSenior IT Security Specialist-SANS, ISC2, ISACA, ITILNSW
- CCTechnical Digital Producer / Requirements EngineerNSW
- FTIT Support - Level 1NSW
- CCBusiness Analyst, Service Performance, RetailNSW
- FTManaging Security ConsultantQLD
- FTSenior Java DeveloperWA
- CCChange Manager- ProcurementNSW
- FTRelease Planning LeadVIC
- CCSenior Process AnalystVIC
- CCProjects Resource/ Workforce ManagerVIC
- FTSystems EngineerACT
- CCService Provider Manager - DesktopVIC
- CCAccess Control Administration / Help desk OperatorACT
- CCData Engineer | Real Time StreamingNSW
- CCOracle DBA | 3-6mth ContractVIC
- CCNetwork Architect VoiceNSW
- FTPermanent Defence network engineer - career progression & flexible conditionsACT
- FTJunior Web Developer | CBD | Digital AgencyVIC
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperWA
- CCTechnical Solutions Specialist - Software Developer (Client facing)NSW
- FTNetwork SpecialistVIC
- FTAzure ConsultantQLD
- CCDevOps EngineerNSW
- CCContract Programmer (MS SQL Server/SQL/Web) 160518/P/626Asia
- CCICT Contracts and Procurement SpecialistACT