Wi-Fi looks set to play a growing role in mobile networks even as LTE and other new cellular technologies with higher capacity are deployed.
In a move that underscores the importance of both mobile devices and video in staying connected within enterprises, Logitech is extending its LifeSize video streaming system to iPads, iPhones and iPods.
The latest Apple iPhone 5 rumor centers on the anticipated smartphone featuring a 4-inch screen, about 14% bigger than the standard 3.5-inch display of current iPhones and more in line with what Google Android phone makers have been offering.
A newly formed industry group has proposed a standard that could significantly boost the upload speeds of video content to mobile devices.
Just months after dismissing the importance of mobile apps, Research in Motion could be jumping aboard the app bandwagon.
Microsoft and Nokia both have a lot to lose - and gain - by their mobile alliance, with the Finnish handset maker deciding to adopt Windows Phone 7 as its smartphone operating system.
The fast, high-capacity Wi-Fi that users have been enjoying for a few years in laptops is now due to hit smartphones and tablets in a big way, with two major Wi-Fi chip makers announcing products that use IEEE 802.11n with multiple antennas.
Despite efforts by Google, HP, Dell and others to grab center stage in recent weeks with tablet computer announcements, Apple and its market leading iPads remain the chief attention getters.
Israeli company Trusteer is taking its Rapport secure browsing technology into mobile security for the first time, announcing a smartphone and tablet protection system for businesses, Secure Web Access.
Customers of data centre provider ControlCircle are being offered a free smartphone app that can alert them to serious issues such as ongoing DDoS attacks in real time.
While Sprint's new dual-screen Kyocera Echo smartphone is an industry first, its debut is being met with some skepticism.
Qualcomm plans to demonstrate a peer-to-peer wireless technology that will let devices form "neighborhood-area networks" at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona next week.
Nokia Siemens' Smart WLAN Connectivity Solution will free users from having to manually switch a device's data connection between Wi-Fi and cellular broadband, the company said on Tuesday.
The Motorola Xoom, the much anticipated Google Android 3.0-based tablet unveiled during CES last month, will sport a price tag of about $800 and be available on Feb. 24.
Google I/O, the annual Google confab for web, mobile and enterprise app developers, has sold out in just 59 minutes.
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Lexar® Portable SSD
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Google Daydream VR headset
Huawei Mate 9
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Acer Swift 7
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Surface Pro 4
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 HTC U Ultra phone full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Venom Blackbook Zero 14 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel Optane Memory has a mission: Make hard drives faster than SSDs
- 10 powerful, obscure Windows keyboard shortcuts you should know
- Microsoft's Docs.com is sharing dangerously sensitive personal files and information
- Meet PC Building Simulator, a DIY teaching tool that could be the novice's best friend
- Switching from Mac to PC, Part 3: The software challenge
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- LG G6: unboxing, hands on review and detail shots
- Samsung Galaxy A5 2017: unboxing, hands on review and detail shots
- And the 2017 winner of the Formula 1 Best Pit Lane Boom Gantry is...
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- CCTest AnalystQLD
- FTSenior Business Analysis - FinanceQLD
- FTKey Account ManagerVIC
- TPProject Manager - General InsuranceNSW
- FTProcess Documentation AnalystNSW
- FTSoftware Tech Lead - C++ Back Office Trading SystemsNSW
- FTDatabase DeveloperVIC
- FTLead DevOps EngineerNSW
- CCProject LeadNSW
- CCBenefits/Business AnalystNSW
- FTJava Development Lead/ / Senior Java DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior Change Readiness ManagerNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst (BI / Analytics)NSW
- FTPeoplesoft Functional Consultant - Campus SolutionsNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - ForecastingNSW
- TPBusiness Analyst - HealthQLD
- FTWeb BA LeadQLD
- TP.NET DeveloperWA
- FTService Desk AnalystsSA
- FTL&D ConsultantVIC
- FTGraduate Application Support Analyst -SMSF SoftwareNSW
- FTInside Sales Consultants - SMSF SoftwareNSW
- FTSAS DeveloperNSW
- FTProduct Manager / Business Analyst Clinical Solutions (Lorenzo)QLD