It's a truth universally acknowledged that public Wi-Fi hotspots aren't secure, but they're so convenient that most of us use them anyway. That's why there was something of a panic last year when Eric Butler showed everyone how easy it is to hijack F...
T-Mobile USA will soon launch 4G HSPA+ versions of the Samsung Galaxy S and T-Mobile Sidekick phones, T-Mobile CEO Philipp Humm announced early Thursday.
Wi-Fi Direct is still scarce in announced or shipping products, but it would be wrong to reach a gloomy conclusion about the new peer-to-peer technology from the Wi-Fi Alliance.
Microsoft has reportedly traced the cause of random, high spikes in data usage by some Windows Phone 7 handsets to a widely accessed "third-party solution." Microsoft is working with that so-far unidentified vendor, according to SeattlePI.com.
ARLINGTON, Va. --When a researcher at an ethical-hacking firm discovered mobile devices from Apple, Google, RIM and HTC had a flaw in them that would allow an attacker using malicious Web code to freeze them up and crash them, he contacted the compan...
Cisco is beefing up wireless transaction security with new software features for its Wi-Fi access points. The vendor says the changes add needed protection over and above that mandated by the Payment Card Industry (PCI) standard.
While his Black Hat DC Conference demonstration was not flawless, a University of Luxembourg student on Wednesday did show that it's possible to trick iPhone users into joining a fake GSM network.
Apple has added a page to its iTunes Store that reveals the top iPhone and iPad app downloads since the App Store opened in mid-2008.
Two wireless LAN vendors are adding wired connectivity to their Wi-Fi offerings, to create managed, cloud-based networking services for a range of enterprise customers.
While Sprint isn't willing to give away its unlimited data plans, the carrier must also make concessions to reality.
Microsoft on Tuesday released an iPhone version of OneNote, the digital notebook software, in one of the first examples of Microsoft making a portion of Office available on non-Windows phones.
Fulton Innovation had an idea: what the world needs is flashier breakfast (I completely agree). So they decided to pair their eCoupled technology wireless power technology with some cereal boxes to make them light up, and interact with a nearby compu...
Hewlett-Packard Co. will shortly make a significant move around its wireless LAN products, an executive has promised Canadians reporters.
Almost two years after taking a medical leave of absence, Apple CEO Steve Jobs Monday announced he’s taking another one.
When the annual Sundance Film Festival lands in Park City, Utah, the movers and shakers of Hollywood demand a lot more wireless capacity than the mountain town of 8,000 residents normally needs.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Legal war with Apple hits Qualcomm's revenue projections
- Network management vulnerability exposes cable modems to hacking
- Radeon owners rebel when AMD drivers stealth drop Quake Champions links on desktops
- Blame terrorists if you get a speeding ticket while driving in France
- If software eats everything, are network engineers on the menu?
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCTechnical Business AnalystSA
- FTBusiness Process AnalystWA
- FTProject Manager - InfrastructureVIC
- FTNetwork EngineerSA
- FTTechnical Expert | 3mth+contractVIC
- TPRegional Level 2/3 Desktop Support AnalystVIC
- CCSAP FIORI Technical SpecialistQLD
- TPChange ManagerNSW
- FTService Delivery AnalystNSW
- FTBusiness AnalystACT
- CCNetworks Engineer - SecurityVIC
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCBlue Prism DeveloperVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTProduct Manager (IT Clinical Systems) - Permanent - Syd, Melb or BrisbNSW
- TPLinux System AdministratorQLD
- FTOSS Developer - BPM (Business Process Manager) SMEVIC
- FTAudio Visual / Video Solution Architect | $100 p/hrVIC
- TPIT Service ManagerNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectACT
- FTSenior PHP Developer / ArchitectQLD
- CCTibco Integration Specialist l Port MacquarieNSW
- TPIntermediate Change ManagerQLD
- FTSenior Java EngineerWA
- CCIT Information Architect..VIC