It's a truth universally acknowledged that public Wi-Fi hotspots aren't secure, but they're so convenient that most of us use them anyway. That's why there was something of a panic last year when Eric Butler showed everyone how easy it is to hijack F...
T-Mobile USA will soon launch 4G HSPA+ versions of the Samsung Galaxy S and T-Mobile Sidekick phones, T-Mobile CEO Philipp Humm announced early Thursday.
Wi-Fi Direct is still scarce in announced or shipping products, but it would be wrong to reach a gloomy conclusion about the new peer-to-peer technology from the Wi-Fi Alliance.
Microsoft has reportedly traced the cause of random, high spikes in data usage by some Windows Phone 7 handsets to a widely accessed "third-party solution." Microsoft is working with that so-far unidentified vendor, according to SeattlePI.com.
ARLINGTON, Va. --When a researcher at an ethical-hacking firm discovered mobile devices from Apple, Google, RIM and HTC had a flaw in them that would allow an attacker using malicious Web code to freeze them up and crash them, he contacted the compan...
Cisco is beefing up wireless transaction security with new software features for its Wi-Fi access points. The vendor says the changes add needed protection over and above that mandated by the Payment Card Industry (PCI) standard.
While his Black Hat DC Conference demonstration was not flawless, a University of Luxembourg student on Wednesday did show that it's possible to trick iPhone users into joining a fake GSM network.
Apple has added a page to its iTunes Store that reveals the top iPhone and iPad app downloads since the App Store opened in mid-2008.
Two wireless LAN vendors are adding wired connectivity to their Wi-Fi offerings, to create managed, cloud-based networking services for a range of enterprise customers.
While Sprint isn't willing to give away its unlimited data plans, the carrier must also make concessions to reality.
Microsoft on Tuesday released an iPhone version of OneNote, the digital notebook software, in one of the first examples of Microsoft making a portion of Office available on non-Windows phones.
Fulton Innovation had an idea: what the world needs is flashier breakfast (I completely agree). So they decided to pair their eCoupled technology wireless power technology with some cereal boxes to make them light up, and interact with a nearby compu...
Hewlett-Packard Co. will shortly make a significant move around its wireless LAN products, an executive has promised Canadians reporters.
Almost two years after taking a medical leave of absence, Apple CEO Steve Jobs Monday announced he’s taking another one.
When the annual Sundance Film Festival lands in Park City, Utah, the movers and shakers of Hollywood demand a lot more wireless capacity than the mountain town of 8,000 residents normally needs.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Boat rental with GetMyBoat – the AirBnB of boating
- A new Microsoft tool shows how Win 10 might affect devices
- The Yahoo hackers weren't state-sponsored, a security firm says
- AMD has its eyes on Las Vegas with Polaris GPUs
- Nvidia teases Volta GPU in next-gen Xavier self-driving car computer
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCSolutions ArchitectACT
- FTInfrastructure Solutions ArchitectACT
- CCData Analyst | Data Feeds | Catalogue and MapNSW
- FTCarrier/ Industrial Network ConsultantsWA
- FTIT Pre-Sales EngineerSA
- CCLAN ConsultantWA
- CCFull Stack Application Developer - IoT projectsVIC
- CCContract Web Developer (160915/WD/vmp)Asia
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- FTTeam Leader Full Stack, Python, FinanceNSW
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Change ManagerVIC
- FTScrum Master | High Profile FintechNSW
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- CCProgram Manager - Data InsightVIC
- CCSenior Infrastrcture Project ManagerACT
- FTCertification and Accreditation Security ConsultantACT
- FTLinux Systems AdministratorNZ
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCJava / J2ee ProgrammersACT
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- CCiOS DeveloperNSW
- CCSecurity Cleared IT Professionals - Expression of InterestSA