Microsoft has reportedly traced the cause of random, high spikes in data usage by some Windows Phone 7 handsets to a widely accessed "third-party solution." Microsoft is working with that so-far unidentified vendor, according to SeattlePI.com.
ARLINGTON, Va. --When a researcher at an ethical-hacking firm discovered mobile devices from Apple, Google, RIM and HTC had a flaw in them that would allow an attacker using malicious Web code to freeze them up and crash them, he contacted the compan...
Cisco is beefing up wireless transaction security with new software features for its Wi-Fi access points. The vendor says the changes add needed protection over and above that mandated by the Payment Card Industry (PCI) standard.
While his Black Hat DC Conference demonstration was not flawless, a University of Luxembourg student on Wednesday did show that it's possible to trick iPhone users into joining a fake GSM network.
Apple has added a page to its iTunes Store that reveals the top iPhone and iPad app downloads since the App Store opened in mid-2008.
Two wireless LAN vendors are adding wired connectivity to their Wi-Fi offerings, to create managed, cloud-based networking services for a range of enterprise customers.
While Sprint isn't willing to give away its unlimited data plans, the carrier must also make concessions to reality.
Microsoft on Tuesday released an iPhone version of OneNote, the digital notebook software, in one of the first examples of Microsoft making a portion of Office available on non-Windows phones.
Fulton Innovation had an idea: what the world needs is flashier breakfast (I completely agree). So they decided to pair their eCoupled technology wireless power technology with some cereal boxes to make them light up, and interact with a nearby compu...
Hewlett-Packard Co. will shortly make a significant move around its wireless LAN products, an executive has promised Canadians reporters.
Almost two years after taking a medical leave of absence, Apple CEO Steve Jobs Monday announced he’s taking another one.
When the annual Sundance Film Festival lands in Park City, Utah, the movers and shakers of Hollywood demand a lot more wireless capacity than the mountain town of 8,000 residents normally needs.
Boy Genius Report has published an exclusive look at a new RIM BlackBerry smartphone dubbed the Dakota that strikes a resemblance to the original BlackBerry Bold device in terms of design style.
A survey of 250 IT managers finds that nine out of 10 are planning this year to dramatically expand the number of mobile applications deployed at their companies.
More than one-in-four iPhone owners now using AT&T will switch to Verizon, a U.S. consumer survey said today.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Windows 7 PCs with free OS upgrade are still available, for now
- SwiftKey's typing predictions may have leaked users' emails
- New Android Trojan SpyNote leaks on underground forums
- ISP groups appeal net neutrality court defeat
- IBM's Cloud CTO: 'We're in this game to win'
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCSharepoint Analyst DeveloperNSW
- CCServiceNow Technical LeadNSW
- FTDefence Network Architect | NV2ACT
- FTFull stack (back end focus) Java Developer | Defence | NV1ACT
- FTProject ManagerVIC
- CCUX/UI Designer DeveloperWA
- CC.Net DeveloperNSW
- CCProject Manager- Infrastructure and App Roles- Gov BackgroundNSW
- FTJDE DeveloperVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (HTML/JAVA/UNIX) 160804/AP/172Asia
- CCDatabase AdministratorNSW
- CCSolutions ArchitectQLD
- CCBusiness Project ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Project OfficerACT
- FTNetwork Infrastructure SpecialistSA
- CCOracle Apex DeveloperWA
- CCBPM Solution ArchitectVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTService Desk ManagerNSW
- CCTechnical Architect - CloudNSW
- CCOracle Pl/SQL DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Security SpecialistNSW
- FTChange ManagerNSW
- CCChange Analysts - multiple rolesNSW