Broadcom is set to acquire home networking company Gigle Networks, a privately-held company that develops system-on-a-chip (SoC) solutions for home networking over power lines. The acquisition will also help drive Broadcom's adoption of G.hn, a new I...
Now that Verizon has started cranking up its hype machine for its LTE commercial launch next month, it's fair to wonder just what types of devices will run on the network.
Radiation from Wi-Fi networks is harmful to trees, causing significant variations in growth, as well as bleeding and fissures in the bark, according to a recent study in the Netherlands.
There's a lot to watch in the nighttime sky -- everything from the International Space Station and meteor showers to planets and stars.
Apple says it sold more than 3 million iPad tablet computers during the first quarter they were on the market and nearly 5 million in the quarter ended Sept. 25.
Not content to gobble up smartphone market share, the Android operating system is poised to capture 15 per cent of the tablet market in 2011, according to IMS Research.
One in five employees is putting their company's network atrisk by using non-standard smartphones in breach of their organisation's security policy.
Microsoft doesn't earn billions of dollars every month by giving away its software. But even Microsoft is no stranger to offering freebies in a bid to increase customer loyalty.
Research in Motion's attitude toward mobile applications seems to be, "If you can't beat 'em, dismiss 'em."
Verizon, AT&T and T-Mobile have joined forces to build a mobile commercial payment network that will let customers use smartphones as credit cards.
Two-thirds of wireless carriers say their networks are suffering due to the surge in data traffic. They're racing to apply a wide range of technical and tariff changes to cope with the problem, and with the growing customer dissatisfaction, according...
An Australian coder has posted explanations and videos showing a way to access some private, unmanaged dynamic link libraries on his Samsung Windows Phone 7 handset, and the registry and file system. The announcement is sparking widespread speculatio...
Juniper Networks, as expected, has agreed to acquire and Belden's Trapeze Networks wireless LAN unit for $152 million in cash.
While not quite ready to declare the Galaxy Tab a true Apple iPad killer after looking inside the new 7-inch touchscreen tablet computer, teardown specialists at iFixit confirm that Samsung has delivered some technology to die for.
Google's Nexus One phone wasn't exactly a smash hit, but that apparently hasn't stopped the company from issuing a sequel.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 2 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 3 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 4 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 5 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- These solar road panels could turn our world into Tron
- New Satana ransomware encrypts user files and master boot record
- Firmware exploit can defeat new Windows security features on Lenovo ThinkPads
- Use Apache Spark? This tool can help you tap machine learning
- Intel tunes its mega-chip for machine learning
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTContinuous delivery application deployment automation specialist (DevOps)NSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - Clinical SystemsSA
- FTInformation Security ConsultantACT
- CCAnalyst Programmer (J2EE/ SQL*PLUS/PL/SQL/PRO*C) 160617/AP/983Asia
- FTIT Senior Business Analyst (12M)NSW
- FTIT Project Coordinator- Data Center Infrastructure backgroundNSW
- FTSenior Network Engineer JUNIPERNSW
- CCx2 AEM Frontend/UI DevelopersVIC
- CCProject Scheduler - IT Security ProgramNSW
- FTSenior Manager Practice LeadNSW
- CCSystems Trainer - Networking/ RadioVIC
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Change Manager, Financial ServicesNSW
- CCContract Programmer (IT Security/Website Admin) 160617/P/564Asia
- CCIT Business AnalystNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - BPRNSW
- CCSystems Engineer / Applications Scripting DeveloperSA
- CCContract IT Assistant (IT Security/IT Audit) 160621/ITA/361Asia
- CCTenable Security - Technical ConsultantVIC
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCUX DesignersQLD
- FTTechnical Business Analyst (Integration background)NSW
- CCSenior Media AnalystVIC