Broadcom is set to acquire home networking company Gigle Networks, a privately-held company that develops system-on-a-chip (SoC) solutions for home networking over power lines. The acquisition will also help drive Broadcom's adoption of G.hn, a new I...
Now that Verizon has started cranking up its hype machine for its LTE commercial launch next month, it's fair to wonder just what types of devices will run on the network.
Radiation from Wi-Fi networks is harmful to trees, causing significant variations in growth, as well as bleeding and fissures in the bark, according to a recent study in the Netherlands.
There's a lot to watch in the nighttime sky -- everything from the International Space Station and meteor showers to planets and stars.
Apple says it sold more than 3 million iPad tablet computers during the first quarter they were on the market and nearly 5 million in the quarter ended Sept. 25.
Not content to gobble up smartphone market share, the Android operating system is poised to capture 15 per cent of the tablet market in 2011, according to IMS Research.
One in five employees is putting their company's network atrisk by using non-standard smartphones in breach of their organisation's security policy.
Microsoft doesn't earn billions of dollars every month by giving away its software. But even Microsoft is no stranger to offering freebies in a bid to increase customer loyalty.
Research in Motion's attitude toward mobile applications seems to be, "If you can't beat 'em, dismiss 'em."
Verizon, AT&T and T-Mobile have joined forces to build a mobile commercial payment network that will let customers use smartphones as credit cards.
Two-thirds of wireless carriers say their networks are suffering due to the surge in data traffic. They're racing to apply a wide range of technical and tariff changes to cope with the problem, and with the growing customer dissatisfaction, according...
An Australian coder has posted explanations and videos showing a way to access some private, unmanaged dynamic link libraries on his Samsung Windows Phone 7 handset, and the registry and file system. The announcement is sparking widespread speculatio...
Juniper Networks, as expected, has agreed to acquire and Belden's Trapeze Networks wireless LAN unit for $152 million in cash.
While not quite ready to declare the Galaxy Tab a true Apple iPad killer after looking inside the new 7-inch touchscreen tablet computer, teardown specialists at iFixit confirm that Samsung has delivered some technology to die for.
Google's Nexus One phone wasn't exactly a smash hit, but that apparently hasn't stopped the company from issuing a sequel.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- AI just co-wrote its first horror movie, and you can help make it real
- Microsoft just launched an iPhone camera app
- Dropbox levels up its features for administrators
- Donald Trump encouraged Russia to hack Hillary Clinton's email
- Rival gang leaks decryption keys for Chimera ransomware
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCGeo-spatial AdministratorVIC
- CCSenior Business Process AnalystNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst/ Scrum MasterNSW
- CCProject Manager/ Sr PMO Analyst - Consulting BackgroundNSW
- CCSales Support Associate - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCCommunication LeadVIC
- CCSenior Deployment ManagerVIC
- CCContract IT Assistant (SQL/Windows) 160804/ITA/151Asia
- CCSenior Contracts Officer/Procurement -Governmen BckgrndNSW
- CCApplication Service TechnicianVIC
- CCAgile Scrum MasterACT
- FTSystems EngineerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java/J2EE/MyEclise) 160721/AP/vmpAsia
- CCDatabase AdministratorNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE) 160721/AP/075Asia
- CCBusiness Analyst (ERP)NSW
- CCProject Engineer -VIC
- CCEnvironment Support AnalystQLD
- FTSAS Support SpecialistNSW
- CCSystems AdministratorSA
- FTSystems Engineer | Defence | NV1 / NV2 clearanceACT
- FTSenior Manager (Business Data Management)NSW
- CCSQL DeveloperNSW
- CCOracle Identity and Access Management Specialist-11Gr2 productsNSW