Microsoft is really working the "save us from our phones" angle for Windows Phone 7, claiming that its platform is 20 per cent more efficient than rivals like the iPhone and Android. Computerworld reports on internal Microsoft research, which found t...
Lookout Mobile Security has created a paid client application that makes use of the vendor's cloud-based service to secure Android smartphones. Lookout Premium adds new features for greater privacy, remote lock, remote wipe, and enhances its cloud-ba...
Pre-orders for Windows Phone 7 handsets in some European markets have already sold out, according to some news reports. The issue seems to be the collision of high consumer interest with small inventories, at least of some of the new phones.
With an eye to letting people link more devices and displays without using cables, the Wireless Gigabit Alliance plans to bring DisplayPort technology into its specification.
AirMagnet is releasing updates to two of its main Wi-Fi network management tools. Wi-Fi Analyzer now can explore delve deeper into roaming problems. And Survey can now run passive and active Wi-Fi scans at the same time.
Apple has released the final code to developers for its iOS 4.2 update, according to several technology Websites. The update, scheduled for public release later this month, is especially big news for the iPad, which will gain a range of features alre...
According to data released by Google Tuesday, 36 per cent of Android users are running the 2.2 (Froyo) version of the mobile operating system while 41 per cent are running the 2.1 (Éclair) version of the software. Earlier versions of Android, such a...
Popularity of the Google Android mobile operating system is showing no signs of slowing down, with the OS being found in 44 per cent of smartphones purchased during Q3.
Microsoft officials are exuding excitement over their prospects in the smartphone industry with the launch of Windows Phone 7. That's partly because the company knows exactly what previous versions of their mobile operating system did wrong.
Microsoft gave a peek at the first Windows Phone 7 products earlier this month when it formally announced its follow-on Windows Mobile in the race for smartphone glory vs. Apple (See: Windows Phone 7 vs. Apple iOS), Google and RIM. Microsoft’s curre...
While Wi-Fi has increasingly become the primary choice for office worker connectivity, it may be some time before it replaces wired networks altogether, according to panelists at the Interop conference, held last week in New York.
Blair Levin was the lead author of the US Government's version of the NBN, the National Broadband Plan, which has faced similar controversies and challenges. He talks to ARN about how wireless broadband is the future and why the Australian method may...
The U.S. Federal Trade Commission has closed an investigation into Google Street View cars snooping into open Wi-Fi networks, with the agency declining to take action.
Verizon Wireless kicks off sales of Apple's iPad bundled either with a MiFi mobile hotspot or as Wi-Fi-only units in 2,000 stores on Thursday.
Security experts today suggested ways Firefox users can protect themselves against Firesheep, the new browser add-on that lets amateurs hijack users' access to Facebook, Twitter and other popular services.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- AMD has its eyes on Las Vegas with Polaris GPUs
- Nvidia teases Volta GPU in next-gen Xavier self-driving car computer
- Meet Apache Spot, a new open source project for cybersecurity
- Plat.One acquisition marks start of US$2B IoT investment plan for SAP
- Review: Asus ROG G752 OC Edition - Faster than many desktop gaming PCs
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- FTTechnical Support Engineer | Cloud | Automation techsNSW
- FTTest SpecialistSA
- FTBackup ConsultantWA
- CCSenior Business Analyst -Change and SAP ProcurementNSW
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- FTEMC Storage ConsultantWA
- FTCarrier/ Industrial Network ConsultantsWA
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- FTLinux Systems AdministratorNZ
- CCSenior Infrastrcture Project ManagerACT
- FTSenior PHP DeveloperNSW
- CCSolutions ArchitectACT
- CCICT Security AuditorACT
- FTNetwork and Security Design EngineerNSW
- FTCustomer Solutions Engineer | Voice | Data | TelcoNSW
- FTMDM EngineerNSW
- CCData Analyst | Data Management Framework | Experience in RNSW
- CCData Analyst | Data Feeds | Catalogue and MapNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager | TelecommunicationVIC
- CCInformatica Developer (MDM)NSW
- FTInfrastructure Solutions ArchitectACT
- CCDesktop Infrastructure SpecialistACT
- CCWAN Architect and ConsultantWA
- CCService Desk analystSA