With an eye to letting people link more devices and displays without using cables, the Wireless Gigabit Alliance plans to bring DisplayPort technology into its specification.
AirMagnet is releasing updates to two of its main Wi-Fi network management tools. Wi-Fi Analyzer now can explore delve deeper into roaming problems. And Survey can now run passive and active Wi-Fi scans at the same time.
Apple has released the final code to developers for its iOS 4.2 update, according to several technology Websites. The update, scheduled for public release later this month, is especially big news for the iPad, which will gain a range of features alre...
According to data released by Google Tuesday, 36 per cent of Android users are running the 2.2 (Froyo) version of the mobile operating system while 41 per cent are running the 2.1 (Éclair) version of the software. Earlier versions of Android, such a...
Popularity of the Google Android mobile operating system is showing no signs of slowing down, with the OS being found in 44 per cent of smartphones purchased during Q3.
Microsoft officials are exuding excitement over their prospects in the smartphone industry with the launch of Windows Phone 7. That's partly because the company knows exactly what previous versions of their mobile operating system did wrong.
Microsoft gave a peek at the first Windows Phone 7 products earlier this month when it formally announced its follow-on Windows Mobile in the race for smartphone glory vs. Apple (See: Windows Phone 7 vs. Apple iOS), Google and RIM. Microsoft’s curre...
While Wi-Fi has increasingly become the primary choice for office worker connectivity, it may be some time before it replaces wired networks altogether, according to panelists at the Interop conference, held last week in New York.
Blair Levin was the lead author of the US Government's version of the NBN, the National Broadband Plan, which has faced similar controversies and challenges. He talks to ARN about how wireless broadband is the future and why the Australian method may...
The U.S. Federal Trade Commission has closed an investigation into Google Street View cars snooping into open Wi-Fi networks, with the agency declining to take action.
Verizon Wireless kicks off sales of Apple's iPad bundled either with a MiFi mobile hotspot or as Wi-Fi-only units in 2,000 stores on Thursday.
Security experts today suggested ways Firefox users can protect themselves against Firesheep, the new browser add-on that lets amateurs hijack users' access to Facebook, Twitter and other popular services.
Smartphone sales are exploding, which poses long-term questions about wireless network capacity as users show a willingness to pay for ever-bigger data plans.
With still two weeks before Windows Phone handsets go on sale, the Windows Phone Marketplace has already reached 1,000 applications and games, according to some brief blog reports.
Juniper this week unveiled software, based on its recent purchase of sMobile, to protect mobile devices from security threats.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Alphabet will work with more auto makers on self-driving cars
- Amazon's cloud business continues upward march
- Intel has quietly snuffed out its Project Tango smartphone as it rethinks augmented reality
- Google lets third parties extend its productivity software on Android
- Long-running malvertising campaign infected thousands of computers per day
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCData Analyst / Data ModelerNSW
- CCFrontend DevelopersQLD
- CCSenior Project OfficerACT
- CCOracle Identity and Access Management Specialist-11Gr2 productsNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Linux/MySQL) 1600803/SA/255Asia
- FTRuby on Rails DeveloperNSW
- CCTest ManagerNSW
- CCChange CoordinatorNSW
- FTGraduate IT supportNSW
- CCBI Delivery Project ManagerVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - Logistic and TransportVIC
- CCUX/UI Designer DeveloperWA
- FT1st Level IT Support - Microsoft EnvironmentNSW
- FTDefence Network Architect | NV2ACT
- FTSOE Desktop Engineer - must have SCCM 2012NSW
- CCPractice Lead - Java, FrontendVIC
- CCEnvironment ManagerVIC
- CCPortfolio ManagerVIC
- CCContract IT Assistant (Office Automation/PC LAN) 160802/ITA/991Asia
- FTPortfolio & Program Management ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Agile Java/Spring/AngularJS EngineerNSW
- CCPeoplsoft Technical SupportACT
- CCFull Stack Java DeveloperNSW
- FTDesktop Specialist - Application PackagingACT