In 2008, the number of commercial aircraft that offered in-flight Wi-Fi service totaled just 25, according to market researcher In-Stat. By the end of 2010, however, In-Stat predicts that number should reach 2,000 planes.
AT&T announced Friday that it will sell all three iPad Wi-Fi + 3G models directly to business customers at a discount for wireless service starting Oct. 28. The news comes one day after AT&T announced in-store sales of the popular tablet.
AT&T isn’t just going to make the Apple iPad available in retail stores on Oct. 28, as it announced yesterday. It’s also going to start selling the popular tablets to businesses that day.
Gartner estimates worldwide sales of iPads and other tablets will total 19.5 million units this year and nearly triple that number next year as the devices win over both consumers and business customers.
The new version of Aruba Networks' Wi-Fi network software includes code to improve voice and video performance, automatically identify non-Wi-Fi radio interference and trap rogue wireless devices.
Verizon Wireless will start selling the Apple iPad packaged with a separate mobile Wi-Fi portable hotspot device on Oct. 28 at 2,000 Verizon stores, the carrier and Apple announced Thursday.
Gad! I complained a few weeks ago about frequent DNS lookup errors on my AT&T DSL connection. I tried using Google's DNS servers instead of AT&T's and, for a while, it looked like the problem was fixed. Alas, this was not the case …
The recession in 2009 led to a small reduction in Bluetooth devices shipped globally, but upcoming low-energy Bluetooth devices will trigger renewed growth in those short-distance wireless devices, especially for phones and industrial and medical gea...
If concerns about cost and security can be overcome, RFID technology could help solve a growing problem in large <a href="http://www.computerworld.com/s/topic/154/Data+Center">data centers</a>: losing track of IT equipment.
Steve Ballmer has been CEO of Microsoft for more than a decade, and it seems he's spent much of that time fighting off speculation that Microsoft should fire him.
Apple is reportedly working behind the scenes to address scratching and cracking of the iPhone’s glass back panel by certain third-party cases.
Airlines have been charging fees for seats on the emergency aisle, priority boarding, and anything resembling baggage, so it's no surprise that cheap or free Wi-Fi access isn't a typical frill. But with one in three <a href="http://www.pcworld.com/bu...
A member of the Chronic Dev Team has tweeted that the heavily anticipated greenpois0n Apple iOS 4.1 jailbreaking solution will be released on Sunday: 10/10/10 at 10:10:10 a.m.
Although Android-based devices have been making headway onto enterprise IT networks, the Droid Pro could be the first one to really blow the doors off.
LightSquared, the billionaire-backed upstart building an LTE-based 4G network across the United States, this week announced Nokia will develop devices for the network and Qualcomm will provide chips for such devices.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung's Galaxy Alpha review: A peek into the Galaxy S6
- 2 Lenovo Yoga 3 Pro hybrid Ultrabook
- 3 Bose SoundLink on-ear Bluetooth headphones
- 4 Apple iPhone 6 Plus: An in depth review
- 5 Medion Akoya P2214T (MD99430) hybrid laptop
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- France, Germany want EU to take a tougher stance on tech firms
- Distracted? Slap this Hitachi gizmo on your forehead to focus
- Divoom Voombox-Travel rugged Bluetooth speaker
- Uber suspends Nevada operations, affecting nearly 1,000 jobs
- Sony confirms development of e-paper smartwatch
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCTech Support | IT Services Firm - Ad hoc Projects - Echuca AreaVIC
- FTDigital Account ManagerNSW
- FTProgram Manager - Integration & SolutionsNSW
- FTAccount ExecutiveNSW
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC
- CCTech Support | IT Services Firm - Ad hoc Projects - Port Augusta / Whyalla AreaSA
- FTSEO Content ExecutiveVIC
- FTPartnership Manager - MediaNSW