Microsoft is really working the "save us from our phones" angle for Windows Phone 7, claiming that its platform is 20 per cent more efficient than rivals like the iPhone and Android. Computerworld reports on internal Microsoft research, which found t...
Lookout Mobile Security has created a paid client application that makes use of the vendor's cloud-based service to secure Android smartphones. Lookout Premium adds new features for greater privacy, remote lock, remote wipe, and enhances its cloud-ba...
Pre-orders for Windows Phone 7 handsets in some European markets have already sold out, according to some news reports. The issue seems to be the collision of high consumer interest with small inventories, at least of some of the new phones.
With an eye to letting people link more devices and displays without using cables, the Wireless Gigabit Alliance plans to bring DisplayPort technology into its specification.
AirMagnet is releasing updates to two of its main Wi-Fi network management tools. Wi-Fi Analyzer now can explore delve deeper into roaming problems. And Survey can now run passive and active Wi-Fi scans at the same time.
Apple has released the final code to developers for its iOS 4.2 update, according to several technology Websites. The update, scheduled for public release later this month, is especially big news for the iPad, which will gain a range of features alre...
According to data released by Google Tuesday, 36 per cent of Android users are running the 2.2 (Froyo) version of the mobile operating system while 41 per cent are running the 2.1 (Éclair) version of the software. Earlier versions of Android, such a...
Popularity of the Google Android mobile operating system is showing no signs of slowing down, with the OS being found in 44 per cent of smartphones purchased during Q3.
Microsoft officials are exuding excitement over their prospects in the smartphone industry with the launch of Windows Phone 7. That's partly because the company knows exactly what previous versions of their mobile operating system did wrong.
Microsoft gave a peek at the first Windows Phone 7 products earlier this month when it formally announced its follow-on Windows Mobile in the race for smartphone glory vs. Apple (See: Windows Phone 7 vs. Apple iOS), Google and RIM. Microsoft’s curre...
While Wi-Fi has increasingly become the primary choice for office worker connectivity, it may be some time before it replaces wired networks altogether, according to panelists at the Interop conference, held last week in New York.
Blair Levin was the lead author of the US Government's version of the NBN, the National Broadband Plan, which has faced similar controversies and challenges. He talks to ARN about how wireless broadband is the future and why the Australian method may...
The U.S. Federal Trade Commission has closed an investigation into Google Street View cars snooping into open Wi-Fi networks, with the agency declining to take action.
Verizon Wireless kicks off sales of Apple's iPad bundled either with a MiFi mobile hotspot or as Wi-Fi-only units in 2,000 stores on Thursday.
Security experts today suggested ways Firefox users can protect themselves against Firesheep, the new browser add-on that lets amateurs hijack users' access to Facebook, Twitter and other popular services.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Google Cloud growth is outpacing the company's ad business
- Hands on with the unusual Acer Predator Triton 700 gaming laptop
- Acer's Aspire GX comes out of nowhere to be the first prebuilt Ryzen PC from a major vendor
- Hands on the Acer's Swift 5, a competitor to Microsoft's Surface Pro
- US FCC asks whether to 'keep, modify, or eliminate' net neutrality rules
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPBusiness Analyst | DETQLD
- FTSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTReporting DeveloperSA
- CCSenior Network Security EngineerNSW
- TPBusiness Analyst | HealthcareQLD
- FTRegional Market Manager - Wide Bay RegionQLD
- CCSenior IT Project ManagerNSW
- FTFinance Analyst with Accounting | 8 Month ContractVIC
- FTStorage Engineer l HDSNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCNetwork Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTSAP APO ConsultantNSW
- CCVisual DesignerACT
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTPMO Project Analytics and Tools ManagerNSW
- CCTechnical Business AnalystSA
- FTInfrastructure Project Manager Office 365 ImplementationVIC
- TPSenior Business Analyst - GISQLD
- FTTester AnalystACT
- TPBusiness Analyst - Qld Health - Short term contractQLD
- FTSales Lead - Healthcare systemsVIC
- FTSQL Server Database DeveloperSA
- CCSolution Architect - Audio Visual/Video DomainVIC
- FTTechnical WriterACT
- TPSenior Full-Stack DeveloperSA