Microsoft is really working the "save us from our phones" angle for Windows Phone 7, claiming that its platform is 20 per cent more efficient than rivals like the iPhone and Android. Computerworld reports on internal Microsoft research, which found t...
Lookout Mobile Security has created a paid client application that makes use of the vendor's cloud-based service to secure Android smartphones. Lookout Premium adds new features for greater privacy, remote lock, remote wipe, and enhances its cloud-ba...
Pre-orders for Windows Phone 7 handsets in some European markets have already sold out, according to some news reports. The issue seems to be the collision of high consumer interest with small inventories, at least of some of the new phones.
With an eye to letting people link more devices and displays without using cables, the Wireless Gigabit Alliance plans to bring DisplayPort technology into its specification.
AirMagnet is releasing updates to two of its main Wi-Fi network management tools. Wi-Fi Analyzer now can explore delve deeper into roaming problems. And Survey can now run passive and active Wi-Fi scans at the same time.
Apple has released the final code to developers for its iOS 4.2 update, according to several technology Websites. The update, scheduled for public release later this month, is especially big news for the iPad, which will gain a range of features alre...
According to data released by Google Tuesday, 36 per cent of Android users are running the 2.2 (Froyo) version of the mobile operating system while 41 per cent are running the 2.1 (Éclair) version of the software. Earlier versions of Android, such a...
Popularity of the Google Android mobile operating system is showing no signs of slowing down, with the OS being found in 44 per cent of smartphones purchased during Q3.
Microsoft officials are exuding excitement over their prospects in the smartphone industry with the launch of Windows Phone 7. That's partly because the company knows exactly what previous versions of their mobile operating system did wrong.
Microsoft gave a peek at the first Windows Phone 7 products earlier this month when it formally announced its follow-on Windows Mobile in the race for smartphone glory vs. Apple (See: Windows Phone 7 vs. Apple iOS), Google and RIM. Microsoft’s curre...
While Wi-Fi has increasingly become the primary choice for office worker connectivity, it may be some time before it replaces wired networks altogether, according to panelists at the Interop conference, held last week in New York.
Blair Levin was the lead author of the US Government's version of the NBN, the National Broadband Plan, which has faced similar controversies and challenges. He talks to ARN about how wireless broadband is the future and why the Australian method may...
The U.S. Federal Trade Commission has closed an investigation into Google Street View cars snooping into open Wi-Fi networks, with the agency declining to take action.
Verizon Wireless kicks off sales of Apple's iPad bundled either with a MiFi mobile hotspot or as Wi-Fi-only units in 2,000 stores on Thursday.
Security experts today suggested ways Firefox users can protect themselves against Firesheep, the new browser add-on that lets amateurs hijack users' access to Facebook, Twitter and other popular services.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Dyn DDoS attack came from 100,000 infected devices
- These are the 3 big reveals from Microsoft's Surface event
- AI and robots aren't gunning for your job, White House economist says
- DDoS attacks from webcams, routers hit Singapore's StarHub
- Emergency Flash Player patch fixes zero-day critical flaw
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPiOS Developer | Tech Start-UpNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Identity Access ManagementACT
- CCService Analyst (12-month contract)Asia
- FTCommercial Contracts Manager - DefenceSA
- CCAccounts Payable/Contract Officer- NSW Government backgroundNSW
- CCImplementation ManagerVIC
- FTSystems Engineer - Managed Service Provider - No two days are the sameNSW
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperQLD
- CCSenior Developer - C++/Perl/PythonNSW
- CCNetwork EngineerNSW
- CCUX LeadNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Manufacturing ConsultantWA
- FTAndroid Technical Lead (Work From Home 2-3 Days)NSW
- CCSenior Digital DesignerNSW
- FTPHP Developer (full stack)WA
- TPSenior Helpdesk OfficerACT
- CCProject SchedulerSA
- FTDirector Data AnalyticsACT
- CCProject AnalystVIC
- TPProject CoordinatorNSW
- TPSAP Project ManagerSA
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- CCApplications Support Technical OfficerACT
- FTSenior Murex DeveloperVIC
- FTProject Lead / Business Analyst | SalesforceQLD