Because many enterprises have already upgraded their networks to the 802.11n standard, sales growth in the enterprise wireless LAN sector was cut in half during the second quarter, according to Infonetics Research.
The WiGig high-speed wireless standard will power a new wireless version of USB through a deal between the Wi-Fi Alliance and the USB Implementers Forum.
Large parts of a public Wi-Fi network built by Google in Mountain View, California, don't work properly and, according to local residents, haven't worked for months.
If Google Glass isn't enough to get you worried about technology, how about a device that can see through walls using Wi-Fi?
Have you heard the saying "The best thing about standards is that there are so many to choose from?" It popped into my mind when I learned of the new nVoy brand and certification program for products based on the IEEE 1905.1 standard.
The emerging IEEE 802.11ac wireless LAN standard will be able to deliver faster connections wherever it's used, but the biggest benefit may come at public hotspots -- eventually.
Don't like the song playing on the stereo? Just wave it goodbye, literally.
Texas Instruments and Qualcomm are working on products that will power small mobile base stations, also known as small cells, and help improve indoor coverage and speeds for enterprises.
Mobile users can probably look forward to being automatically transferred from cellular to Wi-Fi networks in the near future, but going back and forth for the best possible performance is another matter.
Ericsson may have a contender for oddest networking product if it commercializes the wireless bus windows it demonstrated at this week's CTIA Wireless trade show.
New network software from Ericsson is designed to make sure mobile users get the best possible connection when there is both a Wi-Fi and a cellular network available.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission has taken a major step toward helping more airlines offer in-cabin wireless broadband, with the agency voting Thursday to explore using new spectrum for air-to-ground broadband service.
Researchers at the University of Michigan have invented a way for different wireless networks crammed into the same space to say "excuse me" to one another.
Thirteen popular home and small office routers contain security problems that could allow a hacker to snoop or modify network traffic, according to new research.
The third time might be the charm for Microsoft, which just released a third update in as many months meant to fix Wi-Fi connectivity issues plaguing the Surface RT tablet.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- AT&T will acquire Time Warner for $85.4B in content play
- Gallipoli is now an amazing video game
- U.S. indicts Russian for hacking LinkedIn, Dropbox, Formspring
- An IoT botnet is partly behind Friday's massive DDOS attack
- Bankers plan to give Corda blockchain code to Hyperledger project
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTProduct ManagerVIC
- FTAX Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCJava Developers - Federal Government experienceNSW
- CCContract Programmer (Internet/Intranet) 161019/P/615Asia
- CCSAP FIORIACT
- CCField EngineerVIC
- FTSOE ConsultantACT
- FTDirector Data AnalyticsACT
- CCContract IT Assistant (Office Automation) 161031/ITA/541Asia
- CCContract Systems Analyst (SQL/Web) 161027/SA/842Asia
- CCWeb Analytics AnalystNSW
- CCWebpage Designer - Canberra RoleNSW
- CCCloud Security Services SpecialistVIC
- CCInfrastructure ArchitectNSW
- CCContract Junior Programmer (Internet/ Intranet) 161025/JP/vhaAsia
- FTProject Manager - FinanceNSW
- CCJunior Programmer (Application Dev. & Mgt.) 161017/JP/221Asia
- CCFront End Developer - Mid LevelNSW
- CCSenior Java Developer-Java SE 8, HTTP APIs, Protocol BuffersNSW
- CCTesting Capability LeadNSW
- CCManager of Pricing and AnalyticsVIC
- CCSystem & Network EngineerVIC
- CCAccounts Payable/Contract Officer- NSW Government backgroundNSW
- CCOracle SOA DeveloperNSW