Because many enterprises have already upgraded their networks to the 802.11n standard, sales growth in the enterprise wireless LAN sector was cut in half during the second quarter, according to Infonetics Research.
The WiGig high-speed wireless standard will power a new wireless version of USB through a deal between the Wi-Fi Alliance and the USB Implementers Forum.
Large parts of a public Wi-Fi network built by Google in Mountain View, California, don't work properly and, according to local residents, haven't worked for months.
If Google Glass isn't enough to get you worried about technology, how about a device that can see through walls using Wi-Fi?
Have you heard the saying "The best thing about standards is that there are so many to choose from?" It popped into my mind when I learned of the new nVoy brand and certification program for products based on the IEEE 1905.1 standard.
The emerging IEEE 802.11ac wireless LAN standard will be able to deliver faster connections wherever it's used, but the biggest benefit may come at public hotspots -- eventually.
Don't like the song playing on the stereo? Just wave it goodbye, literally.
Texas Instruments and Qualcomm are working on products that will power small mobile base stations, also known as small cells, and help improve indoor coverage and speeds for enterprises.
Mobile users can probably look forward to being automatically transferred from cellular to Wi-Fi networks in the near future, but going back and forth for the best possible performance is another matter.
Ericsson may have a contender for oddest networking product if it commercializes the wireless bus windows it demonstrated at this week's CTIA Wireless trade show.
New network software from Ericsson is designed to make sure mobile users get the best possible connection when there is both a Wi-Fi and a cellular network available.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission has taken a major step toward helping more airlines offer in-cabin wireless broadband, with the agency voting Thursday to explore using new spectrum for air-to-ground broadband service.
Researchers at the University of Michigan have invented a way for different wireless networks crammed into the same space to say "excuse me" to one another.
Thirteen popular home and small office routers contain security problems that could allow a hacker to snoop or modify network traffic, according to new research.
The third time might be the charm for Microsoft, which just released a third update in as many months meant to fix Wi-Fi connectivity issues plaguing the Surface RT tablet.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Google adds warning to unencrypted emails
- Java-based Trojan was used to attack over 400,000 systems
- HPE servers get new names to help users figure out what they can be used for
- Amazon Web Services goes gunning for gamers with free FPS framework
- US government wants to sharply increase spending on cybersecurity
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTChange & Communications OfficerQLD
- CCSAP ABAP ProgrammersACT
- FTSystems Engineer / Administrator - Managed ServicesNSW
- FTTechnical Support EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTNetwork EngineerSA
- CCFront End DeveloperVIC
- CCContracts ManagerNSW
- FTInsight / Customer / modelling - Analyst (Data Scientist)NSW
- FTServer EngineerNSW
- FTNetwork Engineer | NV2 clearance | Defence projects | Immediate interviewACT
- CCPortfolio-Program SchedulerNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - BaselineACT
- CCEnterprise Systems Infrastructure SpecialistNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (Website/PHP development) 160122/SA/vmtAsia
- CCSenior Project Manager - DigitalVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (SQL/Oracle/.Net) 160129/AP/vhs-bAsia
- CCSenior Business Analyst - NPPVIC
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- FTVB6 DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTLinux AdministratorVIC
- CCTibco DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - ComplianceVIC