The free Office Online applications still have only a fraction of the capabilities in Office 2013, but an update this week adds some welcome new features -- some of which are actually ahead of the client versions.
Quip is pushing ahead with its plan to turn the mobile and cloud productivity software market on its head, adding spreadsheet capabilities to its namesake app, which until now had been limited to documents.
Quip has revamped its Web and mobile word processor, giving it new publishing and search capabilities, as the startup pushes ahead with its quixotic pursuit to disrupt cloud productivity app rivals like Microsoft and Google.
Google is releasing separate mobile apps for its Docs, Sheets and Slides apps, breaking them out from the Google Drive storage service where they used to reside.
Quip has released an API for its browser-based word processor that it hopes enterprise developers will use to make the application do more jobs in workplaces.
Adding convenience possibly at the expense of security, Google will now let people without a Google Account view documents stored in its Apps cloud suite.
Box, the Silicon Valley darling that has disrupted enterprise Cloud storage and file sharing, will broaden its scope into the content-creation space with a new online note-taking application.
A software upgrade that went wrong caused parts of the Google Docs cloud-hosted office productivity suite to go offline for an hour on Wednesday, a situation the company is taking steps to prevent.
The U.S. Supreme Court has let stand a $US300 million patent infringement ruling against Microsoft, granting a victory Thursday to i4i, which filed the lawsuit back in 2007.
Google is working to restore offline storage capabilities for its Apps productivity software and should have it done by the end of the year, according to a senior company official on Wednesday.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Toshiba considers spinning off its memory business
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- WikiLeaks’ Assange confident of winning 'any fair trial' in the US
- FTC charges Qualcomm with anticompetitive chip tactics
- Can a DDoS attack on Whitehouse.gov be a valid protest?
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- CCVirtualization ArchitectACT
- CCFIS Connex Developer (Brisbane Based)SA
- FTBI Report DeveloperQLD
- TPService Delivery ManagerQLD
- FTFull Stack Web Developer - UI/UX - .NET or JAVANSW
- CCSAP SuccessfactorsACT
- CCJava Developer/ Guidewire DevelopersQLD
- TPSenior Project Manager - Digital Application CX TransformationNSW
- CCSenior Murex DeveloperVIC
- CCICT Strategy ConsultantNSW
- FTTechnology Testing CoordinatorQLD
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- TPSenior Test Analyst - TAFEQLD
- CCBusiness Intelligence - BI and ReportingQLD
- CCSenior C++ Software EngineerWA
- FTSenior AEM Consultant - Public SectorACT
- CCITCM Technical Specialist - SydneyNSW
- PTVBA Analyst Programmer - Permanent / Part Time (3 days per week)QLD
- FTFront End DeveloperNSW
- CCJunior BI / Data Analytics Analyst - contract - SydneyNSW
- CCSenior Network ArchitectVIC
- TPTechnical Business AnalystVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst Finance & Lending - Brisbane Based RoleVIC
- TPSenior Business Analyst - Travel and Expense Management SystemQLD