Developers of the popular WordPress blogging platform have released a critical security update to fix a vulnerability that can be exploited to take over websites.
A new WordPress version released Thursday fixes two critical cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerabilities that could allow attackers to compromise websites.
A vulnerability within two widely used WordPress plugins is already being exploited by hackers, putting millions of WordPress sites at risk, according to a computer security firm.
WordPress patched a second critical vulnerability in its Web publishing platform on Monday, less than a week after fixing a similar problem.
The Federal Bureau of Investigation warned on Tuesday that attackers claiming to be sympathetic to the extremist group ISIS are targeting websites that have vulnerable WordPress plugins.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel may use AMD GPUs to challenge Nvidia's rising power
- US Supreme Court leaves gap in Samsung-Apple patent ruling
- Rowland says govt supressing unflattering NBN information
- Malicious online ads expose millions to possible hack
- Creative Live! Cam Sync HD review: Crummy video tanks this HD webcam
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTInfrastructure ConsultantQLD
- TPProject CoordinatorNSW
- FTAgile Business AnalystQLD
- FTSoftware / Web Development ManagerNSW
- CCSolution Architect-PHPNSW
- CCSenior Automation TesterNSW
- FTSenior Technical LeadNSW
- CCSolution Designer - MulesoftVIC
- FTSalesforce Solutions Architect/DeveloperNSW
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkSA
- FTSystems Engineer - Managed Service ProviderVIC
- FTProject Management - Infrastructure projectsACT
- FTSuperannuation Research ConsultantNSW
- CCData Quality AnalystNSW
- FT.Net DeveloperVIC
- FTSAP HR/Payroll Training Manager / Instructional DesignerNSW
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- FTAndroid Technical Lead (Work From Home 2-3 Days)NSW
- FTIT Client Support AnalystNSW
- CCIT Specialist - Application Blueprinting Engineer ( Developer)ACT
- FTLead Front End DeveloperVIC
- TPUAT LeadQLD
- TPProcurement Support AnalystNSW
- FTSAP Team Lead - Configuration ManagementACT
- CCSenior Software Engineer - C/C++NSW