Developers of the popular WordPress blogging platform have released a critical security update to fix a vulnerability that can be exploited to take over websites.
A new WordPress version released Thursday fixes two critical cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerabilities that could allow attackers to compromise websites.
A vulnerability within two widely used WordPress plugins is already being exploited by hackers, putting millions of WordPress sites at risk, according to a computer security firm.
WordPress patched a second critical vulnerability in its Web publishing platform on Monday, less than a week after fixing a similar problem.
The Federal Bureau of Investigation warned on Tuesday that attackers claiming to be sympathetic to the extremist group ISIS are targeting websites that have vulnerable WordPress plugins.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Samsung sales, profits dive on Note 7 recall
- Dyn DDoS attack came from 100,000 infected devices
- These are the 3 big reveals from Microsoft's Surface event
- AI and robots aren't gunning for your job, White House economist says
- DDoS attacks from webcams, routers hit Singapore's StarHub
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Telco - Melbourne CBDVIC
- CCProject AdministratorVIC
- CCICT Project Reporting Planning CoordinatorNSW
- FTDynamics CRM DeveloperWA
- CCBusiness Consultant - CPM SoftwareVIC
- TPSenior Data AnalystVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (SQL/Web) 161027/SA/842Asia
- FTEmbedded Software EngineerSA
- CCSolution Architect - BRISBANE BASEDVIC
- FTApplication Programmer - Software - HealthVIC
- FTData Governance Project Manager | 6 month ContractNSW
- CCPHP DeveloperNSW
- CCNetwork and Security Design EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Python DeveloperNSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (PC LAN Support) 161020/ITA/652Asia
- TPTest AnalystQLD
- FTLevel 2 Application SupportVIC
- FTSOE ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior C# .Net EngineerNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Identity Access ManagementACT
- CCSolutions Architect (Power of Choice)QLD
- CCSenior Project Manager - IT Solutions - GovernmentNSW
- FTSENIOR .Net DEVELOPERQLD
- CCIT Senior Systems Administrator- Server Patching RemediationNSW
- TPSenior Analyst|Progress ProgrammerQLD