Developers of the popular WordPress blogging platform have released a critical security update to fix a vulnerability that can be exploited to take over websites.
A new WordPress version released Thursday fixes two critical cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerabilities that could allow attackers to compromise websites.
A vulnerability within two widely used WordPress plugins is already being exploited by hackers, putting millions of WordPress sites at risk, according to a computer security firm.
WordPress patched a second critical vulnerability in its Web publishing platform on Monday, less than a week after fixing a similar problem.
The Federal Bureau of Investigation warned on Tuesday that attackers claiming to be sympathetic to the extremist group ISIS are targeting websites that have vulnerable WordPress plugins.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- A Russian hacker gave away millions of email credentials for social media votes
- It's time to future-proof Australia's copyright laws for the 21st century
- Prepare for the rise of the augmented human: Futurist Simon Raik-Allen
- This startup uses machine learning to turn your old enterprise apps into mobile ones
- AMD gets into SSDs with value Radeon R3 drives. But US only for now.
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTApplication Team Lead | Billing & CreditVIC
- CCSenior Analyst Designer / AWS and AzureVIC
- CCRelease Management LeadNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (C++/JAVA/SQL) 160505/SA/971Asia
- CCSenior Project Manager - HealthcareVIC
- CCDigital Project ManagerNSW
- FTApplication Manager | Telco IndustryVIC
- CCSr System AnalystACT
- CCLead Administrator - Network and SecurityNSW
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC
- CCIT Solution Architect - ApplicationsNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - master data managementACT
- FTTechnical/Team Lead - .NetNSW
- CCDesktop Engineer, renewable contractAsia
- CCRemedy AdministratorNSW
- CCNV2 - System Administration / Application SupportACT
- CCJava Developer / DevOps | FINEOS Application | Long Term ContractNSW
- FTSoftware Design Engineer (Embedded Software)SA
- CCMarketing Communications Specialist - Global IT CompanyNSW
- CCIT Program Delivery Office Lead- Government BackgroundNSW
- CCFront End Developer x 2QLD
- CCData Management & Reporting Development OfficerSA
- FTSystem EngineerACT
- FTSystem EngineerACT
- CCService DeskWA