Executive News Editor Ken Mingis, Computerworld Editor in Chief Scot Finnie and Multimedia Editor Keith Shaw tackle Apple's big keynote address from the Worldwide Developers Conference.
iOS 7 is a dramatic re-invention of Apple's mobile software that goes beyond mere additions and enhancements. Apple is changing the very look of iOS itself.
I love my iPhone, and have loved it since I ditched my Sony Ericsson 710a way back in 2008. But no device is perfect, and every year I look forward to Worldwide Developers Conference keynotes and the new iOS features that typically come with it. iOS ...
One exciting aspect of the new MacBook Air release is the prospect of greater Wi-Fi speed and performance. That's because Apple's updated laptop sports built-in compatibility with the newest draft networking standard, 802.11ac, an upgrade of the curr...
Here are some first-hand impressions from those of us who got to spend a little time with iOS 7 this week in San Francisco.
iOS 7 is a dramatic re-invention of Apple's mobile software that goes beyond mere additions and enhancements. While there's still much to be learned about the new OS between now and its arrival later this year, we can still provide an overview based ...
The new Mac Pro is a black cylinder dense with high technology, from powerful Intel workstation-grade processors to two shockingly fast graphics cards to an array of expansion ports. We got a brief chance to go hands-on.
It's almost that time of the year again -- no, not Christmas, Easter or Anzac Day, but Apple's Worldwide Developer Conference (WWDC), which is expected to feature the unveiling of Apple's fourth-generation iPhone.
In the wake of this week's WWDC keynote, in which Apple announced that new MacBook Pro laptops will finally include an SD card slot, the tech press is all aflutter about what they seem to think is a new possibility: booting from SD. Sorry to break it...
Apple's new iPhone 3G S is officially on its way to store shelves. The highlight of the company's Worldwide Developers Conference keynote Monday, the iPhone 3G S is set to become available across America next Friday, June 19. The device is said to be...
If there is a single message from Apple's Monday announcements, it is a simple one: Software sells hardware. Second message? Apple's iPhone has a lot of software available and the Palm Pre, Android, BlackBerry, et al, don't come close.
For about two hours on Monday, a big chunk of the technology world had its eyes focused on Apple's Worldwide Developers Conference (WWDC) in San Francisco. And even with CEO Steve Jobs out on medical leave, Apple's execs managed to wow the assembled ...
In just six days Apple will kick off its Worldwide Developers Conference, which runs from June 8-12. The perennial Apple event is one of several vehicles the company uses to unveil new tech toys and software.
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Acer Swift 7
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Huawei Mate 9
Lexar® Portable SSD
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Google Daydream VR headset
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Surface Pro 4
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- 2 ZTE Axon 7 review: Is ZTE dumping old stock on Australia?
- 3 Oppo R9s smartphone full review
- 4 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 5 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Facing sexism charges, Uber says Eric Holder will investigate
- Apple, Microsoft and Amazon offer fairer deal on cloud storage
- Hackers behind bank attack campaign use Russian as decoy
- Microsoft eyes Indian startups for cloud services
- Horizon Zero Dawn review
GGG Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCWindows AdministratorACT
- FTMonitoring Tools Support l NimSoft , SMARTS, ehealth, TivoliNSW
- TPSystem AdministratorVIC
- FTSenior C++ EngineerACT
- TPAgile Business AnalystQLD
- FTConsultant Business AnalystQLD
- TPDesktop Support OfficerQLD
- FTJunior / Entry Level IT role - Recent IT TAFE GraduateNSW
- TPOracle Consultant - CC&BQLD
- FTApplication Support Analyst/DeveloperNSW
- CCLevel 2 IT Service DeskQLD
- CCSenior Business Analyst - AgileQLD
- FTDynamics AX Functional Consultant (Supply Chain Modules)QLD
- FTSenior Information Security ConsultantQLD
- CCAgile CoachNSW
- FTNetwork Solution ArchitectVIC
- CCData Analyst - AutoHaulWA
- TPIT Project ManagerNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Database AdministratorVIC
- CCManager AnalyticsNSW
- FTIT Information Security AdvisorNSW
- FTSolutions Software DeveloperVIC
- CCProject / Portfolio SchedulerNSW
- CCIntegration DeveloperNSW