Executive News Editor Ken Mingis, Computerworld Editor in Chief Scot Finnie and Multimedia Editor Keith Shaw tackle Apple's big keynote address from the Worldwide Developers Conference.
iOS 7 is a dramatic re-invention of Apple's mobile software that goes beyond mere additions and enhancements. Apple is changing the very look of iOS itself.
I love my iPhone, and have loved it since I ditched my Sony Ericsson 710a way back in 2008. But no device is perfect, and every year I look forward to Worldwide Developers Conference keynotes and the new iOS features that typically come with it. iOS ...
One exciting aspect of the new MacBook Air release is the prospect of greater Wi-Fi speed and performance. That's because Apple's updated laptop sports built-in compatibility with the newest draft networking standard, 802.11ac, an upgrade of the curr...
Here are some first-hand impressions from those of us who got to spend a little time with iOS 7 this week in San Francisco.
iOS 7 is a dramatic re-invention of Apple's mobile software that goes beyond mere additions and enhancements. While there's still much to be learned about the new OS between now and its arrival later this year, we can still provide an overview based ...
The new Mac Pro is a black cylinder dense with high technology, from powerful Intel workstation-grade processors to two shockingly fast graphics cards to an array of expansion ports. We got a brief chance to go hands-on.
It's almost that time of the year again -- no, not Christmas, Easter or Anzac Day, but Apple's Worldwide Developer Conference (WWDC), which is expected to feature the unveiling of Apple's fourth-generation iPhone.
In the wake of this week's WWDC keynote, in which Apple announced that new MacBook Pro laptops will finally include an SD card slot, the tech press is all aflutter about what they seem to think is a new possibility: booting from SD. Sorry to break it...
Apple's new iPhone 3G S is officially on its way to store shelves. The highlight of the company's Worldwide Developers Conference keynote Monday, the iPhone 3G S is set to become available across America next Friday, June 19. The device is said to be...
If there is a single message from Apple's Monday announcements, it is a simple one: Software sells hardware. Second message? Apple's iPhone has a lot of software available and the Palm Pre, Android, BlackBerry, et al, don't come close.
For about two hours on Monday, a big chunk of the technology world had its eyes focused on Apple's Worldwide Developers Conference (WWDC) in San Francisco. And even with CEO Steve Jobs out on medical leave, Apple's execs managed to wow the assembled ...
In just six days Apple will kick off its Worldwide Developers Conference, which runs from June 8-12. The perennial Apple event is one of several vehicles the company uses to unveil new tech toys and software.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft kills Cache, its note-taking experiment with Evernote-Google Keep aspirations
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 15014 officially adds ebook support
- Inside Intel's bold plan to personalize live 3D sports broadcasts
- Assange seeks to discuss his US extradition with the feds
- XCOM 2's eagerly anticipated Long War 2 total conversion mod released in Steam Workshop
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- CCVirtualization ArchitectACT
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCProject/ Operational CoordinatorNSW
- CCData Modeller and Business Analyst - Integration ProjectQLD
- CCTest LeadVIC
- CCSenior Technical Specialist - AIXVIC
- FTSecurity Solutions Architect - Consultancy - Permanent - Sydney CBDNSW
- CCChange Manager l Port Macquarie NSWQLD
- FTTechnical Account ManagerVIC
- CCOrganisational Change ManagerACT
- FTIT Procurement AdvisorQLD
- FTSoftware Support SpecialistQLD
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- FTTechnical Content CoordinatorVIC
- FTPERMANENT Business AnalystsACT
- FTCheckpoint Firewall and VPNNSW
- CCInfrastructure Technical Team LeadQLD
- CCProject Coordinator - TelcoVIC
- CCSenior PMO Analyst - ReportingNSW
- FTFront End DeveloperNSW
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD
- CCSenior Network ArchitectVIC