Executive News Editor Ken Mingis, Computerworld Editor in Chief Scot Finnie and Multimedia Editor Keith Shaw tackle Apple's big keynote address from the Worldwide Developers Conference.
iOS 7 is a dramatic re-invention of Apple's mobile software that goes beyond mere additions and enhancements. Apple is changing the very look of iOS itself.
I love my iPhone, and have loved it since I ditched my Sony Ericsson 710a way back in 2008. But no device is perfect, and every year I look forward to Worldwide Developers Conference keynotes and the new iOS features that typically come with it. iOS ...
One exciting aspect of the new MacBook Air release is the prospect of greater Wi-Fi speed and performance. That's because Apple's updated laptop sports built-in compatibility with the newest draft networking standard, 802.11ac, an upgrade of the curr...
Here are some first-hand impressions from those of us who got to spend a little time with iOS 7 this week in San Francisco.
iOS 7 is a dramatic re-invention of Apple's mobile software that goes beyond mere additions and enhancements. While there's still much to be learned about the new OS between now and its arrival later this year, we can still provide an overview based ...
The new Mac Pro is a black cylinder dense with high technology, from powerful Intel workstation-grade processors to two shockingly fast graphics cards to an array of expansion ports. We got a brief chance to go hands-on.
It's almost that time of the year again -- no, not Christmas, Easter or Anzac Day, but Apple's Worldwide Developer Conference (WWDC), which is expected to feature the unveiling of Apple's fourth-generation iPhone.
In the wake of this week's WWDC keynote, in which Apple announced that new MacBook Pro laptops will finally include an SD card slot, the tech press is all aflutter about what they seem to think is a new possibility: booting from SD. Sorry to break it...
Apple's new iPhone 3G S is officially on its way to store shelves. The highlight of the company's Worldwide Developers Conference keynote Monday, the iPhone 3G S is set to become available across America next Friday, June 19. The device is said to be...
If there is a single message from Apple's Monday announcements, it is a simple one: Software sells hardware. Second message? Apple's iPhone has a lot of software available and the Palm Pre, Android, BlackBerry, et al, don't come close.
For about two hours on Monday, a big chunk of the technology world had its eyes focused on Apple's Worldwide Developers Conference (WWDC) in San Francisco. And even with CEO Steve Jobs out on medical leave, Apple's execs managed to wow the assembled ...
In just six days Apple will kick off its Worldwide Developers Conference, which runs from June 8-12. The perennial Apple event is one of several vehicles the company uses to unveil new tech toys and software.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- If Tim Burton made a robot, this would be it
- Here's how NASCAR is digitizing race day
- Should Microsoft release a successor to Surface 3?
- Researchers steal data from a PC by controllng the noise from the fans
- The 'summer of AI' is here, this startup chief says
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSystems Administrator with developer skills | Defence intelligence | NV2 clearedACT
- FTSenior Manager Practice LeadNSW
- FTAgile Implementation LeadNSW
- CCSalesforce DeveloperVIC
- CCSystems Engineer / Applications Scripting DeveloperSA
- FTOracle Fusion Implementation ConsultantNSW
- CCBusiness Data AnalystNSW
- CCBusiness Impact AssessmentsVIC
- CCSystem AnalystACT
- CCRuby on Rails DeveloperNSW
- FTIT Service Desk AnalystNSW
- FTContent Manager - Migration projectNSW
- FTSystems application support analystNSW
- CCIT Change Coordinator / AnalystNSW
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCSharePoint AdministratorNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst- Process Mapping Specialist- Gov / Bank backgdNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst, InsuranceNSW
- FTTechnical Business Analyst (Integration background)NSW
- CCSenior Solutions Architect - Marketing and Distribution systemsNSW
- CCLead UX DesignerNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Healthcare industryVIC
- FTTechnical COE SpecialistACT
- FTProcurement SpecialistNSW