Executive News Editor Ken Mingis, Computerworld Editor in Chief Scot Finnie and Multimedia Editor Keith Shaw tackle Apple's big keynote address from the Worldwide Developers Conference.
iOS 7 is a dramatic re-invention of Apple's mobile software that goes beyond mere additions and enhancements. Apple is changing the very look of iOS itself.
I love my iPhone, and have loved it since I ditched my Sony Ericsson 710a way back in 2008. But no device is perfect, and every year I look forward to Worldwide Developers Conference keynotes and the new iOS features that typically come with it. iOS ...
One exciting aspect of the new MacBook Air release is the prospect of greater Wi-Fi speed and performance. That's because Apple's updated laptop sports built-in compatibility with the newest draft networking standard, 802.11ac, an upgrade of the curr...
Here are some first-hand impressions from those of us who got to spend a little time with iOS 7 this week in San Francisco.
iOS 7 is a dramatic re-invention of Apple's mobile software that goes beyond mere additions and enhancements. While there's still much to be learned about the new OS between now and its arrival later this year, we can still provide an overview based ...
The new Mac Pro is a black cylinder dense with high technology, from powerful Intel workstation-grade processors to two shockingly fast graphics cards to an array of expansion ports. We got a brief chance to go hands-on.
It's almost that time of the year again -- no, not Christmas, Easter or Anzac Day, but Apple's Worldwide Developer Conference (WWDC), which is expected to feature the unveiling of Apple's fourth-generation iPhone.
In the wake of this week's WWDC keynote, in which Apple announced that new MacBook Pro laptops will finally include an SD card slot, the tech press is all aflutter about what they seem to think is a new possibility: booting from SD. Sorry to break it...
Apple's new iPhone 3G S is officially on its way to store shelves. The highlight of the company's Worldwide Developers Conference keynote Monday, the iPhone 3G S is set to become available across America next Friday, June 19. The device is said to be...
If there is a single message from Apple's Monday announcements, it is a simple one: Software sells hardware. Second message? Apple's iPhone has a lot of software available and the Palm Pre, Android, BlackBerry, et al, don't come close.
For about two hours on Monday, a big chunk of the technology world had its eyes focused on Apple's Worldwide Developers Conference (WWDC) in San Francisco. And even with CEO Steve Jobs out on medical leave, Apple's execs managed to wow the assembled ...
In just six days Apple will kick off its Worldwide Developers Conference, which runs from June 8-12. The perennial Apple event is one of several vehicles the company uses to unveil new tech toys and software.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Smartphone market inches back to growth with Samsung holding lead
- Microsoft makes Windows 10 hardware change for PC security
- Flaw with password manager LastPass could hand over control to hackers
- AI just co-wrote its first horror movie, and you can help make it real
- Microsoft just launched an iPhone camera app
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- FTDefence Network Architect | NV2ACT
- CCSenior Tester - Automation / Telecommunications (Urgent)NSW
- CCIncident ManagerSA
- CCOracle Apex DeveloperWA
- FTIT Helpdesk (Microsoft)NSW
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperSA
- CCPortfolio ManagerVIC
- CCCrystal reports expertACT
- FTEmbedded Software EngineerWA
- FTSOE Desktop Engineer - must have SCCM 2012NSW
- CCSAP BODS ConsultantNSW
- CCTest AnalystACT
- FTApplications Support / Systems Administrator | DefenceACT
- CCSenior SAP BW & HANA Developer/Technical ArchitectVIC
- FTPortfolio Governance ConsultantNSW
- CCIT/Telco Graduate | 12mth ContractVIC
- CCProject CoordinatorACT
- CCFrontend DevelopersQLD
- CCAgile Scrum MasterACT
- CCDirector - Technical Upgrade Program- Data migration, InfraNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Linux/MySQL) 1600803/SA/255Asia
- FTIdentity Systems Analyst / Solution DesignerACT
- FTSystems Administrator | Defence | NV1 / NV2 clearedACT
- CCGeo-spatial AdministratorVIC