A group of companies, including Cisco Systems and mobile device management software vendor AirWatch, have joined forces to help enterprises take advantage of features that are integrated in Android and iOS.
Xamarin has integrated its cross-platform development tools with Microsoft's Visual Studio Community 2013, allowing developers to build native Android and iOS apps for free.
IBM has teamed with Xamarin in an effort to make it easier for C# developers to integrate back-end systems like databases with mobile apps.
The latest version of Xamarin's namesake development platform has additional support for iOS and more features for sharing code across the Apple OS, Android and Windows.
Xamarin and Samsung Electronics have worked together to make it easier for developers to create apps that can run on Samsung's Knox security platform.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Gallipoli is now an amazing video game
- U.S. indicts Russian for hacking LinkedIn, Dropbox, Formspring
- An IoT botnet is partly behind Friday's massive DDOS attack
- Bankers plan to give Corda blockchain code to Hyperledger project
- Easy-to-exploit rooting flaw puts Linux computers at risk
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSolution ArchitectACT
- CCAcquisition Marketing Executive - B2BNSW
- FTOperational Integrity ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCSystems Engineer - NetApp, Exchange, ADNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (12-Month Renewable Contract)Asia
- FTIncident & Problem AnalystVIC
- CCResident Engineer - Nexus 2K, 5K, 7K & 9KNSW
- CCSAS DI DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Analyst ProgrammerNSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (System Backup Operation) 161014/ITA/523Asia
- CCAccounts Payable/Contract Officer- NSW Government backgroundNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - PIMAsia
- FTSystems Engineer - Managed Service Provider - No two days are the sameNSW
- FTDigital DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (JAVA/J2EE/Web) 161014/SA/922Asia
- CCTest Engineer - .NETNSW
- FTDigital Optimisation and Analytics SpecialistNSW
- CCOracle SOA DeveloperNSW
- FTEmbedded Software EngineerSA
- FTProject Manager - FinanceNSW
- CCQlikview DeveloperNSW
- FTHands-on Service Desk Team LeadNSW
- CCSAP GRC consultant with ABAP experience . Canberra LocationNSW