Microsoft has created a $43 billion business, a potential Apple-and-OEM-esque company-within-a-company, that could be used to take up the slack if some of its computer-making partners falter.
We picked up our Xbox One review model this morning, and started with a very summery unboxing. Check out - let's be realistic here - the last time this brand-new console will ever see natural light.
Before Jeremy Hinton became involved with Microsoft’s Xbox console, he initially spent number of years in marketing and business development roles within the interactive entertainment industry.
I'm asking for it, I really am: I'm nearly finished with story mode in Arkham City, about to ascend the loftiest tower in the prison-city's center, preparing to do battle with forces I won't spoil here. I've been playing on the hardest difficulty set...
Kinect hacking is taking off at blinding speed. Microsoft's Kinect motion controller for XBox 360 is less than a month old, and it's been barely two weeks since Adafruit announced a winner in their Open Kinect competition. Since then, Microsoft has t...
For all the launch fanfare, it sounds like Call of Duty Black Ops may be suffering from Fallout New Vegas syndrome. Scan the PC version's official forums on Steam and instead of euphoric posts about the game's ballistic brilliance, you're confronted ...
Well, that was fast. Do-it-yourself electronics kit maker and hobby retailer Adafruit recently announced that a hacker had won the company's Open Kinect Bounty. Spain-based hacker Hector Martin Cantero, who is known online as "marcan," released a pro...
Thank God Steve Jobs isn't on the Supreme Court.
That's two runs through Fable III in the can. I was naughty the first time through and nice the second, which basically means I traded flickering red body tattoos for a bunch of glimmering white ones. What do they mean? Who knows. They look like cool...
Halo: Reach has apparently been breached. The latest chapter in Microsoft's flagship franchise is prematurely in the wild. Bungie's Xbox 360 exclusive sci-fi shooter -- prequel to the venerable Xbox-original Halo: Combat Evolved and not due out until...
It's smaller, shinier, and back in black: Microsoft's new Xbox 360 took many by surprise at last month's E3.
Microsoft's Xbox is about to get a lot more social. Twitter and Facebook will soon be coming to the system, Microsoft announced Monday, bringing an interactive boost to the entertainment console.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- FAA setting up advisory panel on drones led by Intel CEO
- Optus looks to lock in EPL fans with new bundles
- A Russian hacker gave away millions of email credentials for social media votes
- It's time to future-proof Australia's copyright laws for the 21st century
- Prepare for the rise of the augmented human: Futurist Simon Raik-Allen
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- CCJava Developer - multiple opportunitiesNSW
- FTFunctional Kronos ConsultantNSW
- CCInfra Project Manager-Data Center, Cloud, Storage, NetworkNSW
- CCEnvironment ManagerVIC
- CCContract Programmer (Crystal Report/HTML/SQL) 160428/P/244Asia
- CCIT Solution Architect - ApplicationsNSW
- CCChange Lead/Senior Change Analyst - Transformation projectNSW
- CCSharepoint DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior iOS DeveloperNSW
- CCApplication Migration ArchitectACT
- FTDigital Sales Manager - Online MediaNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst, Loyalty projectsNSW
- FTAzure ArchitectQLD
- FTDigital Project ManagerVIC
- CCSAP BW developerVIC
- CCTechnical WriterACT
- FTSenior DBA / Team LeadVIC
- CCInstructional DesignerQLD
- CCHealthcare Test SpecialistSA
- FTBusiness Intelligence ConsultantSA
- FTProduct Owner - MarketingNSW
- CCIntegration Delivery Project ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Change Manager - Capital MarketsNSW
- CCProject CoordinatorACT