The "paperless office" has long been held up as a goal for businesses large and small, but few have come even close. The average office worker, in fact, still generates roughly two pounds of paper waste every day, according to the U.S. EPA.
The first large-scale analysis of a fundamental type of software known as firmware has revealed poor security practices that could present opportunities for hackers probing the "Internet of Things."
Xerox is offering managed service tools for enterprises that want to reduce the costs of remote printing.
Xerox has issued the first software patch intended to fix a problem in some multi-function printers that causes characters to be incorrectly reproduced when scanned.
A software bug that caused some characters to be substituted for others in scans by some Xerox machines is more serious than previously thought.
Bob Metcalfe, Dave Boggs and the rest of the scientists at Xerox Palo Alto Research Center in 1973 were a lot like young developers at a Silicon Valley startup today.
Xerox revealed the latest research developments taking place within its labs at The Xerox Research Centre of Canada (XRCC), which develops two to three patents each week and over 130 inventions per year.
Both cost-conscious and environmentally conscious organizations are striving to do more with less these days. The rationale is simple: Investing in more energy-efficient hardware, for example, means lower energy bills and a smaller carbon footprint. ...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 4 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Apple sales, profits fall again but a brighter outlook ahead
- AWS quietly launches tool for migrating on-premesis apps to the cloud
- Intel wants to make its IoT chips see, think, and act
- Workstation software flaw exposes industrial control systems to hacking
- Critical account creation flaws patched in popular Joomla CMS
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCContract Management SpecialistNSW
- FTFront End Developer / UXNSW
- FTAndroid Technical Lead (Work From Home 2-3 Days)NSW
- FTJava Script, Frontend Developer- DynamoDB or MongoDBNSW
- FTSoftware DeveloperWA
- CCNetwork Capacity PlannerVIC
- CCCyber Security Analyst - TelcoVIC
- FTScrum MasterNSW
- CCProject SchedulerVIC
- FTProject ManagerSA
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTJunior Java DevelopersACT
- CCProject SchedulerSA
- FTStorage SpecialistNSW
- CCContract Junior Programmer (J2EE/Oracle/XML) 161018/JP/922Asia
- CCFirewall EngineerNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantQLD
- CCService Analyst (12-month contract)Asia
- TPSenior IT Project CoordinatorQLD
- CCiOS Developer - 6 Month ContractNSW
- FTAccount Security ManagerACT
- TPDesktop Support EngineerVIC
- FTData AnalystNSW
- FTProject Lead / Business Analyst | SalesforceQLD
- CCHead of Digital (Technology Manager - Digital Transformations)NSW