The "paperless office" has long been held up as a goal for businesses large and small, but few have come even close. The average office worker, in fact, still generates roughly two pounds of paper waste every day, according to the U.S. EPA.
The first large-scale analysis of a fundamental type of software known as firmware has revealed poor security practices that could present opportunities for hackers probing the "Internet of Things."
Xerox is offering managed service tools for enterprises that want to reduce the costs of remote printing.
Xerox has issued the first software patch intended to fix a problem in some multi-function printers that causes characters to be incorrectly reproduced when scanned.
A software bug that caused some characters to be substituted for others in scans by some Xerox machines is more serious than previously thought.
Bob Metcalfe, Dave Boggs and the rest of the scientists at Xerox Palo Alto Research Center in 1973 were a lot like young developers at a Silicon Valley startup today.
Xerox revealed the latest research developments taking place within its labs at The Xerox Research Centre of Canada (XRCC), which develops two to three patents each week and over 130 inventions per year.
Both cost-conscious and environmentally conscious organizations are striving to do more with less these days. The rationale is simple: Investing in more energy-efficient hardware, for example, means lower energy bills and a smaller carbon footprint. ...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- FBI reports more attempts to hack voter registration system
- Home Theatre review: Which is better, a 4K projector or 4K TV?
- Logitech HD Pro Webcam C920 review: HD video and stereo sound add polish to video calls
- Boat rental with GetMyBoat – the AirBnB of boating
- A new Microsoft tool shows how Win 10 might affect devices
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTLinux Systems AdministratorNZ
- FTBackup ConsultantWA
- FTTechnical Business Analyst | Marketing ServicesNSW
- CCJava / J2ee ProgrammersACT
- CCTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / Kronos)NSW
- FTScrum Master | High Profile FintechNSW
- FTCarrier/ Industrial Network ConsultantsWA
- CCWAN Architect and ConsultantWA
- CCDesktop Infrastructure SpecialistACT
- FTCustomer Solutions Engineer | Voice | Data | TelcoNSW
- CCSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- CCSecurity Cleared IT Professionals - Expression of InterestSA
- FTEMC Storage ConsultantWA
- CCBusiness Analyst with change management experienceACT
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- FTTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / ARIBA)NSW
- FTTeam Leader Full Stack, Python, FinanceNSW
- FTTest SpecialistSA
- FTMDM EngineerNSW
- CCiOS DeveloperNSW
- CCBI Reporting AnalystACT
- FTCertification and Accreditation Security ConsultantACT
- CCLAN ConsultantWA