A majority of enterprises have migrated to Windows 7 or are planning to do so. But for Windows XP holdouts ready to side-step Windows 7 for the upcoming Windows 8 OS, you are risking a gap in support, stresses research firm Gartner in a new "first ta...
Terry Marshall asked if he could move his old hard drive, unchanged, to his new home-built PC, boot his existing, "very stable" XP installation, and skip Windows 7 altogether.
Microsoft's Windows 7 took just three months to reach a penetration benchmark that Vista needed almost a year to make, Web measurement firm NetApplications.com said today.
Microsoft Tuesday confirmed that it will sell what it calls "upgrades" for Windows 7 to users running the aged Windows XP operating system.
Microsoft is giving system builders several more months to get Windows XP for their custom PCs, ensuring XP will be out in the marketplace until almost the scheduled release of Windows 7 in early 2010.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Critical flaw lets hackers take control of Samsung SmartCam cameras
- Facebook launches fake news reporting tool in Germany
- Shopping goes high tech and hassle-free with new Intel technology
- Raspberry Pi's new computer for industrial applications goes on sale
- Social networks let the rich buy influence
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- CCCommunications OfficerACT
- FTChief Architect - Public SectorACT
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- CCSenior PMO Analyst - ReportingNSW
- FTOffice365 Solution SpecialistSA
- TPService Desk AnalystVIC
- CCTester- InfrastructureACT
- CCBig Data Developer - Government - 12 Month Contract - SydneyNSW
- FTFunctional ConsultantNSW
- FTSenior Drupal DeveloperNSW
- FTPerformance Reporting AnalystNSW
- TPInfrastructure ArchitectVIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Java EngineerACT
- FTITCM EngineerNSW
- TPICT Support Analyst (level 1 & 2)SA
- TPSharePoint SpecialistVIC
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- FTChief ArchitectVIC
- FTCheckpoint Firewall and VPNNSW
- FTInfrastructure Solution ArchitectSA
- CCJunior Project ManagerQLD
- FTBI Report DeveloperQLD
- FTIT Field EngineerNSW