A majority of enterprises have migrated to Windows 7 or are planning to do so. But for Windows XP holdouts ready to side-step Windows 7 for the upcoming Windows 8 OS, you are risking a gap in support, stresses research firm Gartner in a new "first ta...
Terry Marshall asked if he could move his old hard drive, unchanged, to his new home-built PC, boot his existing, "very stable" XP installation, and skip Windows 7 altogether.
Microsoft's Windows 7 took just three months to reach a penetration benchmark that Vista needed almost a year to make, Web measurement firm NetApplications.com said today.
Microsoft Tuesday confirmed that it will sell what it calls "upgrades" for Windows 7 to users running the aged Windows XP operating system.
Microsoft is giving system builders several more months to get Windows XP for their custom PCs, ensuring XP will be out in the marketplace until almost the scheduled release of Windows 7 in early 2010.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's "Holoportation" will virtually beam you into another room
- Russia claims it foiled a cyber attack from a foreign spy service
- Intel's silence on Optane SSDs raises questions about launch and focus
- Random iPhone 6s shutdowns due to faulty battery component, Apple says
- Researchers find a way bypass the iOS activation lock
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBusiness Intelligence Technical AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Test Analyst (HL7)VIC
- CCProject ManagerWA
- FTBusiness Development AnalystVIC
- CCScrum MasterQLD
- CCHelp Desk Support Engineer - Finance/TradingNSW
- FT2nd Level Desktop Support Analyst l SCCMNSW
- TPAndroid DeveloperNSW
- FTDelivery LeadNSW
- CCActive Directory EngineerNSW
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC
- CCNetwork Engineer - Sydney - Leading OrganisationNSW
- CCWindows System EngineerNSW
- FTDevOps EngineerNSW
- FTProject SupportNSW
- FTFull Stack PHP DeveloperQLD
- CCWintel Server SupportACT
- CCCyber Security Analyst - TelcoVIC
- FTRuby On Rails DeveloperVIC
- TPSenior Business Analyst - HRISQLD
- CCMainframe Developer (with ASP.NET)NSW
- CCCloud Automation Engineer. Work Location - CanberraNSW
- CCNetwork EngineerNSW
- CCMaximo Consultant - Asset ManagementVIC
- FTService Lifecycle Management RepresentativeVIC