A majority of enterprises have migrated to Windows 7 or are planning to do so. But for Windows XP holdouts ready to side-step Windows 7 for the upcoming Windows 8 OS, you are risking a gap in support, stresses research firm Gartner in a new "first ta...
Terry Marshall asked if he could move his old hard drive, unchanged, to his new home-built PC, boot his existing, "very stable" XP installation, and skip Windows 7 altogether.
Microsoft's Windows 7 took just three months to reach a penetration benchmark that Vista needed almost a year to make, Web measurement firm NetApplications.com said today.
Microsoft Tuesday confirmed that it will sell what it calls "upgrades" for Windows 7 to users running the aged Windows XP operating system.
Microsoft is giving system builders several more months to get Windows XP for their custom PCs, ensuring XP will be out in the marketplace until almost the scheduled release of Windows 7 in early 2010.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Dick Smith relaunches as online-only business
- Rolling blog: Industry reacts to Budget 2016
- Microsoft's Solair acquisition could expand its IoT services
- India has shot down Apple's plan to sell refurbished iPhones
- Giphy Keys wants to be the default iOS keyboard for GIF lovers
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCRelease Management LeadNSW
- FTNetwork ConsultantNSW
- CCAccount Manager - Software Solutions - Global IT CompanyNSW
- CCSenior UX/UI DesignerNSW
- CCFull Stack Developers - JavaNSW
- FTSenior Change Manager - Capital MarketsNSW
- CC.NET Developer (Application production Support)NSW
- CCAdobe Experience Manager AEM / CQ5 DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager - Payroll IntegrationVIC
- CCSenior Enterprise Architect - eCommerceVIC
- CCAnalyst Programmer (JAVA/Windows Programming) 160428/AP/143Asia
- CCSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCProject Manager PMP RMP certified - NV1ACT
- CCSenior AGILE Business AnalystNSW
- FTVendor Manager / Team Lead - ITIL / ITSMVIC
- CCWeb AdministratorACT
- CCSenior Financial Crime AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Middleware Lead Shared Services (Support and EngineeringVIC
- CCICT Project Manager - Contact Centre/Telephony FocusNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web Application DeveloperNSW
- CCInfrastructure Assurance OfficerACT
- FTManager; Enterprise ArchitectureNSW
- FTFront End DeveloperSA
- CCIT Network SpecialistVIC