Yahoo! may be capped with an exclamation but there is a giant question mark hanging over its future.
Politics collided with the world of technology this year as stories about U.S. government spying stirred angst both among the country's citizens and foreign governments, and the flawed HeathCare.gov site got American health-care reform off to a rocky...
Thanks to iCloud, syncing an iPhone with a Mac is a piece of cake. But Mac users who don't buy into the whole "one vendor to rule them all" thing will find that syncing an Android phone with OS X isn't quite as easy. That said, it isn't terribly diff...
Screw Android 2.2. Forget the new iPhone. Nokia and Yahoo have some news.
When life seems confusing it is only logical that we should turn to the Internet to get all the answers. Unfortunately, for some people who pose questions on Yahoo! Answers, an answer isn’t all they need. Get ready for a laugh as we count down the to...
Microsoft and Yahoo, I now pronounce you husband and wife.
The most popular Web sites are under increasing pressure to add support for IPv6, a long-anticipated upgrade to IPv4, the Internet's main communications protocol.
The Great Recession cast a shadow on all sectors of the economy in 2009. IT fared better than most, however, and the slump did not curb the dynamic nature of the industry. Acquisitions among big vendors continued to reshape the market, operating-syst...
Some of the biggest high-tech deals never happened. Some of the most promising products and services never came to be. Why? Because the people and companies involved didn't realize what they were letting slip through their fingers, or they simply cou...
Well, friends, sound the wedding bells: The longest-running courtship in the history of mankind has finally reached its climax. No July Fools' joke here -- Microsoft and Yahoo have agreed to tie the knot and form a search partnership.
Yahoo started out in 1994 as a ragtag site called "Jerry and David's Guide to the World Wide Web," named after founders Jerry Yang and David Filo who were at the time students at Stanford University.
The Microsoft Corp. and Yahoo Inc. courtship that has been taking place on and off for the past four years had grown as tiresome as the annual Brett Favre retirement watch.
Yahoo has built a global research and development base in Beijing that it will formally announce next month, the company said Wednesday.
Yahoo has created a technology that simplifies and automates for developers the process of identifying geographical references in the content that their applications process.
For Jerry Yang, 2008 was going to be the year when Yahoo's long-awaited technology and business turnaround began in earnest.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Immigration Minister Peter Dutton becomes Creepy internet meme
- Sharepoint is going mobile this year with a new app
- IBM's quantum processor comes out of hiding
- Dick Smith closes doors for the last time (+4 photos)
- Google, Fiat Chrysler to collaborate on self-driving minivans
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSupplier Relationship ManagerVIC
- CCMid Range Developer (Senior .NET Developer)QLD
- FTSenior Application SpecialistACT
- FTSupport AnalystQLD
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- CCSCCM - SCOM - AD Systems EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager, Technology Upgrade & RefreshNSW
- CCSAP BW developerVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - Digital/Financial ServicesNSW
- CCNV2 - System Administration / Application SupportACT
- CCServiceNow / SACM ConsultantNSW
- FTVendor Manager / Team Lead - ITIL / ITSMVIC
- CCNV1 | System admin with SQL server experience for Defence Application SupportACT
- CCHealthcare Test SpecialistSA
- CCMessaging EngineerNSW
- CCSharepoint DeveloperVIC
- FTSystem EngineerACT
- CCSenior Frontend DeveloperNSW
- CCFront End DeveloperVIC
- CCContract Contract Junior Programmer (JUD-16493-4)Asia
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- FTSystem testersACT
- CCSQL DeveloperVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystSA
- FTDeveloper - OSB/BPELNSW