Yahoo is selling over 3,000 patents and pending applications that the pioneering Internet company believes could be the most foundational patents related to Web search and advertising.
Verizon Communications will be bidding US$3 billion for the Internet assets of ailing Yahoo, according to a newspaper report.
Tens of millions of stolen credentials for Gmail, Microsoft and Yahoo email accounts are being shared online by a young Russian hacker known as "the Collector" as part of a supposed larger trove of 1.17 billion records.
Yahoo will cut 15 percent of its workforce and close some online services in a major turnaround plan announced Tuesday.
Google and Yahoo are expanding their use of a successful system used to detect spam.
For Yahoo Mail users, some messages just won't stay dead.
Google's started a car company...Samsung puts $85 million into cancer-victim fund...Apple explores offering phone service...and more tech news.
Yahoo said Monday it had removed malware from its advertising network, after malicious code there had gone undetected for at least six days.
Marissa Mayer knows fashion, and she's bringing more of it to Yahoo with her latest acquisition announced Friday.
Obama wants to boost U.S. supercomputing power...OPM, Anthem hackers also hit United Airlines...Oracle preps 'Sonoma' chip for low-priced Sparc servers...and more tech news.
Yahoo is releasing a mobile messaging app that combines texting with live one-on-one video.
The online advertising industry is marshaling a fresh effort to fight click fraud, which steals money from advertisers and undermines faith in online campaigns.
Yahoo has reported an uncharacteristic rise in revenue for the second quarter, but it came with a hefty sum spent on boosting its search traffic.
U.S. Secretary of Defense Ash Carter will renew his appeal to businesses to work more closely with the military on Thursday when he speaks to an audience of top executives at the Sun Valley conference in Idaho.
Windows 10 close to finished... Intel reshuffles leadership... Microsoft, Kyocera strike Android patent licensing deal... and more tech news
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Yahoo abandons fight, sells internet business to Verizon for $4.8B
- Cut the carbon footprint of your business by outsourcing your data centre management
- Frazzled or burnt out? You need downtime but where do you find it?
- The network matters for storage innovation
- IDC: Smartwatch sales decline for the first time
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- FTProject Manager- Change ManagementSA
- FTProject Coordinator- NSW Government - reform BackgroundNSW
- CCBusiness Intelligence Developer - Initial 3mth ContractVIC
- CCIP & Fixed LeadVIC
- CCAssociate Engineer (Communications Engineering)Asia
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- CCDatabase AdministratorNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java/J2EE/MyEclise) 160721/AP/vmpAsia
- CCEnvironment ManagerVIC
- CCSales Support Associate - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCApplication Tester - Windows 10 ProjectWA
- CCUser Access Review (UAR) DeveloperVIC
- CCGeo-spatial AdministratorVIC
- CCCRM DeveloperACT
- CCApplication Service TechnicianVIC
- CCTest Manager - Baseline SecurityVIC
- FTJava DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Agile Java/Spring/AngularJS EngineerNSW
- CCProject Coordinator/ Jr Business Analyst- Govt backgroundNSW
- FTProject ManagerVIC
- CCPre-Sales Consulting Business AnalystVIC
- FTSAP Basis ConsultantVIC
- CCCommunication LeadVIC
- CCPMO ManagerVIC