Yahoo has begun warning individual users that their accounts with the service may have been compromised in a massive data breach it reported late last year.
Yahoo users have 1 billion more reasons to switch another major hack. Here's how to replace major Yahoo services with rivals and delete your Yahoo account.
Verizon has signaled that Yahoo's massive data breach may be enough reason to halt its US$4.8 billion deal to buy the internet company.
Several studies have come out recently trying to get a handle on the total costs of a data breach, with a large variation in costs - from less than $1 million on average, to $6 million - based on the data sets and types of included costs. But the act...
After two major controversies Yahoo turns off automatic email forwarding.
Yahoo has called a Reuters article about a secret email scanning program "misleading," and said no such system exists.
Yahoo has reportedly searched through all of its users' incoming emails with a secret software program that's designed to ferret out information for U.S. government agencies.
Yahoo's announcement that state-sponsored hackers have stolen the details of at least 500 million accounts shocks both through scale -- it's the largest data breach ever -- and the potential security implications for users.
Thursday's confirmed breach at Yahoo means that a treasure trove of stolen data is very likely circulating on the black market -- potentially putting millions of internet users at risk.
A massive breach at Yahoo stole account details from at least 500 million users and is being blamed on state-sponsored hackers.
Apple is building a digital TV guide for Apple TV and iOS. The very similar Yahoo Video Guide came out last year.
Yahoo is selling over 3,000 patents and pending applications that the pioneering Internet company believes could be the most foundational patents related to Web search and advertising.
Verizon Communications will be bidding US$3 billion for the Internet assets of ailing Yahoo, according to a newspaper report.
Tens of millions of stolen credentials for Gmail, Microsoft and Yahoo email accounts are being shared online by a young Russian hacker known as "the Collector" as part of a supposed larger trove of 1.17 billion records.
Yahoo will cut 15 percent of its workforce and close some online services in a major turnaround plan announced Tuesday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel projects decline in chip prices, and AMD's Ryzen is one reason
- Google Cloud growth is outpacing the company's ad business
- Hands on with the unusual Acer Predator Triton 700 gaming laptop
- Acer's Aspire GX comes out of nowhere to be the first prebuilt Ryzen PC from a major vendor
- Hands on the Acer's Swift 5, a competitor to Microsoft's Surface Pro
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCJava Developer IntegrationQLD
- FTJava Team LeadVIC
- TPProject Manager. Enterprise wide IT ProjectsNSW
- FTSenior ICT Project ManagerNSW
- FTProject Manager (Cyber Security) - Permanent - IT Services - North Ryde areaNSW
- FTSolution Architect - SecurityVIC
- FTDatacentre Solution ArchitectVIC
- CCVisual DesignerACT
- FTSystems Engineer | Managed Services ExpVIC
- FTSenior Java DeveloperQLD
- FTWindows Dev Ops EngineerNSW
- FTFrontend DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Business Development Manager| SMSF/Accounting SoftwareNSW
- FTCRM Technical Specialist (Oracle Eloqua)QLD
- FTBusiness AnalystNSW
- TPPHP Developer - Immediate startQLD
- CCAMI ArchitectWA
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- TPSenior SQL Database AdministratorNSW
- TPLinux System AdministratorQLD
- FTBusiness AnalystSA
- TPTechnical Support Officer (Unix/Linux, Windows and Mac)VIC
- TPBusiness Analyst | HealthcareQLD
- CCSoftware Licencing SpecialistNSW